LA 2028 is to be the "No Car Olympics". Mayor says venues will be accessible by mass transit only

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
If they restrict cars in the city or areas where they are having events and bring in extra buses from other areas then it should be doable and probably going to be very efficient. Create bus routes specifically for event viewing and have buses arrive and depart every 10 minutes or so.

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
It would be a better idea to make mass transit pick up the slack permanently so it isn't the traffic-clogged hellscape it is now.

I'll never for the life of me understand how they fukked up LA so badly. Probably the best weather on earth for an alpha world city and the shyttiest way to get around. Whenever I'm in Tokyo, London, Paris etc and come back to the Bay/LA, I wanna drive off a bridge.
Well I agree with you on the first point. And I think with the rail expansions they’re making; they’re attempting to fix the issue.

But to answer your second point, the car industry, racism, and NIMBYs (they existed back then too) caused this issue in LA and every other major city not named NY and to a lesser extent Chicago.

Daps
If they restrict cars in the city or areas where they are having events and bring in extra buses from other areas then it should be doable and probably going to be very efficient. Create bus routes specifically for event viewing and have buses arrive and depart every 10 minutes or so.

This. It is only for 2-3 weeks. Should be very doable with 4 years of planning.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
1*FZz3BXG82VzhCHcjyhpw9g.gif

edit: The Coliseum is at the corner of MLK and Figueroa? That sounds like fukkery central. Anywhere there's an MLK drive is :patrice: status and I've heard enough west coast rap joints about the Fig. :dahell:

know USC is in South Central but Gotdamn at that intersection :deadrose:

Don't ever head south or east of the Coliseum, like not even a block :russ:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Does the Mayor think he's governing Chicago or New York?
:jbhmm:

Daps
Reppin
TOR --> OAK
Well I agree with you on the first point. And I think with the rail expansions they’re making; they’re attempting to fix the issue.

But to answer your second point, the car industry, racism, and NIMBYs (they existed back then too) caused this issue in LA and every other major city not named NY and to a lesser extent Chicago.
Yeah the origins of the car-centric city design masked behind Big Oil and racially-tinged 'urban renewal' is well documented, but it's still so stunning every time you come from another country that has done it right. It's sad because it's made these major metropolitans actually inferior cities.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
Y’all overthinking this

All they gone is the same thing they did for the ‘84 Olympics and lock nikkas and Hispanics up

But it’s gone be different this time both and Hispanics and blacks are being pushed towards the inland empire