LA 2028 is to be the "No Car Olympics". Mayor says venues will be accessible by mass transit only

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
Figured by the Seum but downtown LA by Staples looked kinda shaky.

Thinking of by SoFi and the new Clippers joint to be honest. Doesn't the train run from there to the Coliseum directly?

I'd venture to guess that DTLA will host most of the people coming for the Olympics so it will be cleaned up for at least two weeks. The train from the Coliseum connects to Santa Monica not Inglewood, so today you'd have to mix and match services. No doubt there will be temporary transportation services running from different parts of the city for the Olympics though

As of now there isn't much accomodations near SoFi and I don't see that changing drastically.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I'd venture to guess that DTLA will host most of the people coming for the Olympics so it will be cleaned up for at least two weeks. The train from the Coliseum connects to Santa Monica not Inglewood, so today you'd have to mix and match services. No doubt there will be temporary transportation services running from different parts of the city for the Olympics though

As of now there isn't much accomodations near SoFi and I don't see that changing drastically.
The DTLA to Santa Monica train is the E Line which now connects to the brand new K Line at USC/Exposition Blvd. The K Line runs all the way down Crenshaw down into Inglewood and soon into LAX with the people mover opening up next year. And I'm sure they'll have a K Line extension by 2027 to extend it to SoFi and the new Intuit Dome.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
in fukking LOS ANGELES COUNTY???

Knowing good and well events will be at the forum, the rose bowl, Staples center, UCLA and USC venues....plus the beaches for volleyball and surf and shyt...plus the marathons....... fukkin impossible

Depending on where all the venues are they already got dedicated routes that will be blocked off from vehicle traffic and only for those specific buses… LAPD and LA Sheriffs bout to make a ton of money in OT

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
LA gotta be one of the WOAT big cities for public transportation. At least like ten years ago.

concise

Veteran
Daps

They had athletes going to the coliseum on cheese buses. :laugh:
AP_8407280299.0.jpg

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
No cars during the olympics???:dahell:

In Los Angeles where people have to DRIVE to work??? :dahell:

That's the whole point breh. Commute in LA is already massive gridlock, how the hell would you add the millions of people for an Olympics with hundreds of thousands of them driving their own cars and hundreds of thousands of ubers flooding the area too? Traffic would be so bad that no one would make it to their events on time AND no one would make it to work on time.

Having the events be public transport-only is the best way to keep the streets flowing as well as possible for the commuters who still have to make it to work.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Figured by the Seum but downtown LA by Staples looked kinda shaky.

Thinking of by SoFi and the new Clippers joint to be honest. Doesn't the train run from there to the Coliseum directly?
That "shakiness" won't be there for the Olympics breh. All that sh*t will be cleared out and heavily policed. It's going to be like Disneyland for those 2-3 weeks

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Does LA or even anywhere in the US have high speed rail yet?