LA 2028 is to be the "No Car Olympics". Mayor says venues will be accessible by mass transit only

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I imagine this is the plan because LA already has limited parking. The influx of Olympic goer drivers and local residents during the Olympics would be... :huhldup:

They'd probably have to build parking garages to accommodate for attendees for a few weeks and even with that people would still probably need to shuttle over to the venues depending on where they threw the garages up.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Remote Come drop some knowledge on the car centricity of American cities :jbhmm:

I'll just say that I was in Los Angeles 3 weeks ago... for the first time in over 10 years. And traffic is still annoying.

Most people have doubts that this LA can truly deliver on its promise but I hope this "28 for '28" goal pushes them to keep going in this direction of massive public transit infrastructure investment.

Most people would rather take a train or tram or walk or bike to where they need to go, if you make the option attractive enough.

People hate getting in their car, dealing with traffic and searching for parking. It's time to change this.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
1*FZz3BXG82VzhCHcjyhpw9g.gif

edit: The Coliseum is at the corner of MLK and Figueroa? That sounds like fukkery central. Anywhere there's an MLK drive is :patrice: status and I've heard enough west coast rap joints about the Fig. :dahell:

know USC is in South Central but Gotdamn at that intersection :deadrose:

You may want to keep this map bookmarked :mjlit:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
I'll just say that I was in Los Angeles 3 weeks ago... for the first time in over 10 years. And traffic is still annoying.

Most people have doubts that this LA can truly deliver on its promise but I hope this "28 for '28" goal pushes them to keep going in this direction of massive public transit infrastructure investment.

Most people would rather take a train or tram or walk or bike to where they need to go, if you make the option attractive enough.

People hate getting in their car, dealing with traffic and searching for parking. It's time to change this.

I'm in Long Beach now, I would 100% love to take the metro to DTLA to catch a Laker game and be able to enjoy a few drinks and not drive back. But right now I'd have to fight 2/3 homeless and a couple doughboys to do it :dead:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
How easy is it to get tickets to the Olympics?
Just came back from the Paris Games. It’s really not that hard. The biggest events (major swimming events, track and field finals, gymnastics, USA basketball) cost more than others. But if it’s anything like these games, they don’t allow for resale for profit. It was solely through the official resale platform at face value. Some were hard to get like the women’s all around gymnastics final, but I saw some that came available but the price was too much. Already had other things to do anyway. The official ticket sale platform put many tickets up in phases. I bought the our track and field and basketball tickets like 4 months ago.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

Kinda wack no driving, part of the vibe in LA is cruising during events. I could understand though, traffic would be crazy although most Rams games I've been to handle traffic very efficiently.

Last edited: