LA 2028 is to be the "No Car Olympics". Mayor says venues will be accessible by mass transit only

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
LA has hosted two Olympics in the past. All the venues are built and ready to go. Just have to clean up, have the Metro/public transportation upgraded, and have the security/police force planned and mapped out. They know what they're doing. :ehh:

Where they putting all the homeless that be living in the metro and metro stations? Right now you risking your life jumping on some of them

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I hate how these cities only take transit and infrastructure seriously when an Olympics or World Cup type event comes to town. Any other time they tell taxpayers to go fukk themselves.
Now now, they been building the Metro train system up for the past ten years plus. The K Line which runs down Crenshaw though Inglewood and soon connecting to LAX just opened this past November. Plus a regional connector station that will hook several rail lines together for one continous train ride nonstop will open in DTLA soon. I can honestly say they've been on their sh*t public transportation wise. Of course with an Olympics coming they have to bump it up to the next level. Even If the Olympics came to NYC, who's known for their public transport, they would have those trains running better, upgrade some stops, and bring in more busses for the games.

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Moving around Paris went well because they have a large transit system where you can take the train everywhere. Didn’t have to hop in a taxi or Uber to get around and be stuck in traffic. Not sure how borrowing 3,000 buses will be as efficient.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Now now, they been building the Metro train system up for the past ten years plus. The K Line which runs down Crenshaw though Inglewood and soon connecting to LAX just opened this past November. Plus a regional connector station that will hook several rail lines together for one continous train ride nonstop will open in DTLA soon. I can honestly say they've been on their sh*t public transportation wise. Of course with an Olympics coming they have to bump it up to the next level. Even If the Olympics came to NYC, who's known for their public transport, they would have those trains running better, upgrade some stops, and bring in more busses for the games.
:mjlol:
our public transportation in some ways has a better rep than it deserves.

NY was selling dreams at the beginning of the century tryna get the Olympics to NY for 2012. Long story short, they didn’t get the Olympics, many stations still look like the Michael Jackson Bad video, they charge double now what they did then for crappy service and Hillary Clinton lost all goodwill she had. All NYC got outta that was arguably the bougiest neighborhood in America (Hudson Yards). We'll never see the Olympics in NYC ever and it's because we saw what kind of scam the whole thing was gonna be.

King Poetic

Godfather of Mariana Trench
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bottoms
What could go wrong? :troll:

Better check in with @King Poetic and @Serious

I think it’s fine

All the gang bangers on the MTAs doing walk bys

White folks getting robbed for their jewelry and stucked up by skid row homeless

Instead of getting head and ass from the chicks on figueroa in your car,, people would be subject to that shyt on the buses

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Why are they hosting olympics again
The transportation part is the only issue. Otherwise, LA is perfect. They don’t have to build any new venues I don’t think, unlike almost any other host city. Have the hospitality already in place. They have four years to plan and prepare for transportation for visitors, but otherwise, they have the structure of the games set.