Kyrie Irving officially sabotaged the Nets season appreciation thread

Depreciating Asset

Please pawg responsibly
Daps
Reppin
Other
The first time I saw Kyrie for Russ a few months ago I laughed at the jokes :russ:.

But now I'm like... :ehh:

Nothing could top the fukkery of putting KD, Harden and Westbrook back together. The Nets steal the front page from the Knicks. ESPN and:comeon:would literally explode. EVERYONE would watch that shyt.

Meanwhile Kyrie and LeBron are back together again and they have replaced Kevin Love with AD. LWO would lose their fukking minds. Lakers might actually win .

Bring on the fukkery!! :blessed:

Spidey Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blame the city of New York.

Nets ownership need to stop being bytches and apply pressure to that mayor to get rid of that stupid shyt.

It ain't NYC fault he ain't playing. He threatened to retire if they traded him. If he wanted to play somewhere else with no vaccine mandate he would have been traded at the beginning of the year.

If Rona never happened he would just find some other excuse not to play

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
What’s wild is if they stay in the 7th seed and have to play the play in game it would be in Brooklyn…and he wouldn’t be eligible to play
And if they lose that they have to play in Brooklyn again to make the eight seed and he still wouldn’t be able to play
And if they win that they have to play the Heat or Bucks most likely
:bryan::bryan::bryan::bryan:

but also :russ:

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Best believe the nets will eat those home game fines come playoffs. Kyrie will be playing at the Barclays unvaccinated. Owners caved once. They’ll do it again for money

Kyrie doesn’t mean shyt for the NBA bottom line. If he retired tomorrow it won’t make a difference. Even if the Nets wanted to break the NYC law, the league won’t let them

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It ain't NYC fault he ain't playing. He threatened to retire if they traded him. If he wanted to play somewhere else with no vaccine mandate he would have been traded at the beginning of the year.

It’s definitely the worst max contract in league history all things considered

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
Kyrie doesn’t mean shyt for the NBA bottom line. If he retired tomorrow it won’t make a difference. Even if the Nets wanted to break the NYC law, the league won’t let them
j wouldn’t go that far. I know people that are upset he’s not playing because they want to see him in person in Brooklyn.

But for financials I was not talking about the NBA but the Nets themselves.

more games = more ticket sales = more money. They’ll do better with KD and Kyrie than just KD.

league has no say as this isnt a league mandate but a city mandate and worst case is they pay a fine each game. From a PR POV it is interesting to see what would happen. I think if this were considered months ago it’s be for sure PR suicidal but with him actually playing now and many NYers getting weary of covid protocols I think it may not be as big a deal. Still a big deal but not as big a deal. NBA tried to institute a mandate and it was a non starter with the NBAPA despite the fact that 90% of them were vaccinated at the start of the season.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
j wouldn’t go that far. I know people that are upset he’s not playing because they want to see him in person in Brooklyn.

But for financials I was not talking about the NBA but the Nets themselves.

more games = more ticket sales = more money. They’ll do better with KD and Kyrie than just KD.

league has no say as this isnt a league mandate but a city mandate and worst case is they pay a fine each game. From a PR POV it is interesting to see what would happen. I think if this were considered months ago it’s be for sure PR suicidal but with him actually playing now and many NYers getting weary of covid protocols I think it may not be as big a deal. Still a big deal but not as big a deal. NBA tried to institute a mandate and it was a non starter with the NBAPA despite the fact that 90% of them were vaccinated at the start of the season.

The Nets operate at the pleasure of the league, of course they’re going to do what the NBA says. If they say Kyrie can’t play due to the local mandate, the Nets are powerless. Stating that their franchise must follow the rules of the locality is different from a league mandate even if the end result is the same

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY
The Nets operate at the pleasure of the league, of course they’re going to do what the NBA says. If they say Kyrie can’t play due to the local mandate, the Nets are powerless. Stating that their franchise must follow the rules of the locality is different from a league mandate even if the end result is the same
where are you getting information that the NBA has said anything of the sort? This is assumptions. Any fines/issues would be levied against the Nets themselves by the City Of New York not the NBA as a whole. The Nets can do with their player as they please.

Edit: I stand corrected. NBA said Issa dub :ehh:

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:patrice:

Based on what exactly? When has dude been known to consistently sit games for non-injury purposes?

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State

It is NYC fault you dumbass. If the city doesn’t have a mandate he would be able to play.