KRS One : "I Can't Make Money In The U.S.A. Due to Lack Of Respect Of Hip Hop"

CoCKy GeNiuS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nas has been eating since 92' his rants are overrated. Kane, Rakim, Cube, WC, Mase, and other Legends sell out in Detroit OFTEN. Yea he has knowledge, but when did that BY ITSELF equate relevance. He's irrelevant, if u can't make nothing to move a crowd or your last jawn is severely outdated, WHO ARE U BLAMING AGAIN ?

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
fukk KRS-ONE. He's not eating anymore because he's an a$$hole. He's burnt a lot of bridges in the indusry and no one wants to fukk with him.

Not just that but that whole temple of hiphop and I am hiphop shyt pushed alot of ppl off.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
krs exaggerates and trolls more than ME!
and im king of over-hyping shyt

"if kool moe dee never won the battle, we d all be rapping like ba-wa-da-ba ding dang diddy right now. i promise you that"

foh with that weird ass imagination u have krs one.
:dead:!!!

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
It's not like the new rappers are making money commercially.....

Be happy at 49 u making money, probably better overseas

I'm a old head, but at the same time u just have to move on to other ventures than rap....

U don't see snoop or cube complaining, cause nikkas know majority of youngsters isn't listening to them to a point

All these old rappers trying to advance..pac

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
KRS has burned bridges with club promoters which makes it hard to get shows. For all that love and peace talk some people view him as a snake.

There's a spot for old school artists IMO. The problem is that they're divorced from the current state of music, culture, etc. There are so many talented young artists and producers out there yet old rappers ignore that in order to find the cheapest no name friend of a friend to handle their shyt.

Public Enemy put out an album a few months ago. The album cover looks like it was done by an amateur and the music videos are wack. They couldn't find a talented young artist in NY looking for a shot? They couldn't find an up and coming dope producer to collab with?

If I was managing KRS I'd reach out to Damu The Fudgemonk and see if I could get a collab album together. I'd find a young artist for the art, I'd get him on various podcasts like Combat Jack or Rap Radar, I'd have him doing freestyles over modern beats (no trap...but something like Alright or Wet Dreamz) and send them to blogs. Hell I'd have him sign up on The Coli n answer questions. Anything to get some interest.

He's never gonna sell well or do massive shows but he can rebuild and make a decent career in the US.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
I was in highschool in the year 2000, teacher was telling us how other countries are always late to catch up to our stuff.. he was saying how heavy metal is just hitting europe... reason people going to his shows or him making money out there is cuz they are now just getting into rap... it has nothing to do with them appreciating the music more.. I hope krs is smart enough to recognize that.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
nah i know obv theres the physical/rapping comparison which doesnt hold up

im just wondering who this dude is really bytching to :yeshrug:

It's similar to what Floyd Mayweather & Roy Jones Jr. have said about boxing. Both of them said they get more love overseas than they do in their own backyard. To me other countries treat their legends better than we do here in the US.

sporticus

https://bit.ly/36fn72e
Daps
Reppin
NULL
KRS has to look no further than hip-hop culture itself to see why things are the way they are for his generation.

Hip-hop focused so hard on youth, rebellion, and disrespect...to the point it got so ingrained into the system that it was impossible to get out of it. Therefore there's this built-in age limitation. It was placed there by the people eating at the time, not realizing it was gonna affect them later. If everything is about how rich, how young, and fly you are....what's left when you aren't that anymore?

Rock has legends than can tour and sell off their old shyt forever. Hip-hop doesn't have that. All we have is a "so-and-so fell off" mentality. You got threads talking about Fetty Wap fell off and he just debuted. :mjlol:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
What is this madness you're talking about :why:..you white folk on here are losing your cotdamn minds boy

The thing is KRS, it's not only original acts that are getting world wide love. Dilated Peoples, Mobb Deep, Pusha T, Royce da 59, etc all have extended tours around Europe and Asia.

The main reason is that we don't get pushed the bullshyt on the radio like you do, so we generally find the jewels a lot more easily. Yes, the more commercial cats can come out here and shut it down, but the "others" can do it so much more easily.

For example tonight I'm going to see DJ Maseo (De La Soul) just play 45's all night, tomorrow he is doing a "J Dilla Changed My Life " set, last month Bobitto was down here doing his thing, DJ Premier has been killing it over in Australia for almost a month straight.

I'm strongly think the rest of the world being outside of the bubble helps these other artists shine a lot brighter

Where did I say KRS can't tour the world :dahell:

I answered a very specific question about why rappers from the 80s don't make as much touring as other genres. Take the cape off.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
The last nail in his coffin as when he tried to randomly diss Nelly and got embarrassed :russ:

And I'll never forget what biggie said about him:mjlol:

KRS-One: KRS-One?? Naahhh…I don’t like KRS no more ’cause he just think
he’s too dope. He let his ego take over his shyt and that’s what brings
him down. When he was like that (shouts “Blow it to yourself”), when he was
like that, then he was a ten but now, ‘I am Hip Hop’!!! Eat a dikk nikka.
Eat a muthaphukkin dikk!

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
KRS has burned bridges with club promoters which makes it hard to get shows. For all that love and peace talk some people view him as a snake.

There's a spot for old school artists IMO. The problem is that they're divorced from the current state of music, culture, etc. There are so many talented young artists and producers out there yet old rappers ignore that in order to find the cheapest no name friend of a friend to handle their shyt.

Public Enemy put out an album a few months ago. The album cover looks like it was done by an amateur and the music videos are wack. They couldn't find a talented young artist in NY looking for a shot? They couldn't find an up and coming dope producer to collab with?

If I was managing KRS I'd reach out to Damu The Fudgemonk and see if I could get a collab album together. I'd find a young artist for the art, I'd get him on various podcasts like Combat Jack or Rap Radar, I'd have him doing freestyles over modern beats (no trap...but something like Alright or Wet Dreamz) and send them to blogs. Hell I'd have him sign up on The Coli n answer questions. Anything to get some interest.

He's never gonna sell well or do massive shows but he can rebuild and make a decent career in the US.

Agree.. but Krs 1 think these youngsters should be worshipping him and rakim and how dare u expect krs 1 to go to them....

I see it too much with majority of old school New York rappers, who can't get over the past