Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It makes me wonder, why not make old fashioned side scrolling 2D games with original concepts and have them alternate with big time console/PC releases (with the 3D graphics).

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

hideo-kojima.jpg

Hideo Kojima Reveals His Future With Konami Referring to Mad Max: Fury Road?
The Japanese game designer sais on Twitter that he appreciated Mad Max: Fury Road. But in his tweet is there any reference to the situation in Konami?
In addition to a praise on the film in the tweet, which you can see a below, Hideo Kojima hopes that Max is not escaping but he will continue to fight for the future.
There may be some reference to the fact that Kojima does not want to actually run away from Konami, but to fight and stay in company in the future? And if so, he will continue to work only until September to complete Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain or he will remain there forever?

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Konami Issues Apology, Explains 'Mobile First' Future #1
In a statement to IGN, a Konami representative said “We are aware that the conjecture surrounding our recent changes has prompted a great deal of anxiety, for which we apologise.”

Konami’s statement continued to explain that, in addition to mobile gaming, “the Metal Gear and Silent Hill series, both beloved by countless fans around the globe, are also extremely important to Konami. We have nurtured them with care over many years since their inception, and will continue to produce products for both franchises, but we are not currently at a stage where we can announce the path these future titles will take.”

Regarding the more immediate future, Konami President and Representative Director Hideki Hayakawa explained to Nikkei that “Konami’s idea of Mobile First is not at all to focus purely on mobile games.”

“Our aim is to continue to build up a comprehensive portfolio of console, arcade, and card game titles for each IP while also making the best possible use of the mobile devices that accompany our customers in their daily life, thus expanding the limits of entertainment and appealing to more and more customers,” Hayakawa said. Indeed, Konami is focusing on mobile, and it’s because the publisher is focusing on its own soil first and foremost.

“Until now, in addition to game development duties, our creators were handling a wide range of responsibilities including managerial roles,” Hayakawa said. This became incredibly complicated, and didn’t work with Konami’s apparent unification of teams, so “we have changed our approach to instead have managerial staff thoroughly focus on strategy and how their individual skills can be best applied, with that strategy then being executed together with the creative staff.”

The strength of Konami as a company, Hayakwa said, is in its “power to create groundbreaking IPs, and our power to refine them into progressively better products.” This “has been the driving force behind our business. However, whereas platforms to date were very limited, we now need to split our approaches between console, arcade, card, and mobile games to best suit the needs of the customer.”

Konami’s statement concluded, “Konami will continue to embrace the challenge of creating entertainment content via different platforms; across not only mobile platforms, but for home consoles, arcade units, and cards, to meet the changing needs of the times. Your support for our current endeavours, and your spurring us on to greater heights, are as always deeply appreciated.”

:pacspit:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
“the Metal Gear and Silent Hill series, both beloved by countless fans around the globe, are also extremely important to Konami. We have nurtured them with care over many years since their inception, and will continue to produce products for both franchises, but we are not currently at a stage where we can announce the path these future titles will take.”

SUCK.

MY.

NUTS!

KONAMI! :pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit::pacspit:

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
Konami’s statement continued to explain that, in addition to mobile gaming, “the Metal Gear and Silent Hill series, both beloved by countless fans around the globe, are also extremely important to Konami. We have nurtured them with care over many years since their inception, and will continue to produce products for both franchises, but we are not currently at a stage where we can announce the path these future titles will take.”

giphy.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Hayter Hoping That Konami Will Bring Him Back As Snake Now That Kojima Is Gone
Also “jokingly” states that Kojima can go f***k himself.
23rd, Jun. 2015 | Posted In News | By Rashid Sayed| Follow This Author @GamingBoltTweet

I have covered Metal Gear Solid 5 quite heavily here on GamingBolt and among the several articles I have commissioned and written on the upcoming game, the exclusion of David Hayter as the voice of Snake is something that I have written about quite extensively in the past.
However in the recent interview with FraggedNation, Hayter more or less cements the fact that he is not involved in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain in any shape or form. He even clarified that the sound files found in Ground Zeroes, that sound awfully similar to him, are not his.
“It’s not true (laughs). Sometimes I tweet about it and people are asking me hundreds of times a day on Twitter about what is going on with it. Let me just clarify the sound files they found of my voice on it, that is not my voice. I don’t know whose voice is that, one of them sort of sounded like me but I never said those words. That was not me in any shape or form. I had no part in the game and if there is a big surprise I would be surprised as anyone because I have not been hired, haven’t spoken anything about contracts. I am sorry, I would have loved to do it. I have nothing to do with the next Metal Gear.”
He then states that he does not mind when fans believe that he is trolling whenever he tweets anything about Metal Gear Solid.
“The more they talk about you the better. It’s all good. They are still talking about me doing Metal Gear years after I did the last one so that’s very flattering and now that Kojima’s gone…[voice breaks]…but I know nothing about it. There is no agenda and there is no trolling.”
When Quinton Flynn, the voice of Raiden, asked him about what exactly he said when the voice broke, Hayter jokingly stated that “He can go f**k himself.” On a more serious note, he stated that, “I was saying now that Kojima is gone, may be Konami will make a different decision and bring me back.”
“If I would have been in the game, I would have said that I just can’t talk about it.”
Make that of what you will but his statements seems genuine and I don’t think he is coming back as Solid Snake, something that I have been hoping since the news broke about the recasting.
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain launches on September 1st on PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PS3. PC players will be able to play it on Steam on September 15th.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I still think this is all deflection to hide the potential for Solid Snake to appear in The Phantom Pain as a teenager/young adult, hence the need for two different voice actors.

SupaHotIce

All Star
Daps
Hayter Hoping That Konami Will Bring Him Back As Snake Now That Kojima Is Gone
Also “jokingly” states that Kojima can go f***k himself.
23rd, Jun. 2015 | Posted In News | By Rashid Sayed| Follow This Author @GamingBoltTweet

I have covered Metal Gear Solid 5 quite heavily here on GamingBolt and among the several articles I have commissioned and written on the upcoming game, the exclusion of David Hayter as the voice of Snake is something that I have written about quite extensively in the past.
However in the recent interview with FraggedNation, Hayter more or less cements the fact that he is not involved in Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain in any shape or form. He even clarified that the sound files found in Ground Zeroes, that sound awfully similar to him, are not his.
“It’s not true (laughs). Sometimes I tweet about it and people are asking me hundreds of times a day on Twitter about what is going on with it. Let me just clarify the sound files they found of my voice on it, that is not my voice. I don’t know whose voice is that, one of them sort of sounded like me but I never said those words. That was not me in any shape or form. I had no part in the game and if there is a big surprise I would be surprised as anyone because I have not been hired, haven’t spoken anything about contracts. I am sorry, I would have loved to do it. I have nothing to do with the next Metal Gear.”
He then states that he does not mind when fans believe that he is trolling whenever he tweets anything about Metal Gear Solid.
“The more they talk about you the better. It’s all good. They are still talking about me doing Metal Gear years after I did the last one so that’s very flattering and now that Kojima’s gone…[voice breaks]…but I know nothing about it. There is no agenda and there is no trolling.”
When Quinton Flynn, the voice of Raiden, asked him about what exactly he said when the voice broke, Hayter jokingly stated that “He can go f**k himself.” On a more serious note, he stated that, “I was saying now that Kojima is gone, may be Konami will make a different decision and bring me back.”
“If I would have been in the game, I would have said that I just can’t talk about it.”
Make that of what you will but his statements seems genuine and I don’t think he is coming back as Solid Snake, something that I have been hoping since the news broke about the recasting.
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain launches on September 1st on PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PS3. PC players will be able to play it on Steam on September 15th.

He says it here after 2:00
I cant tell if he was joking. It was like he had tourette's for a second :skip: