Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Honestly, I'd prefer if he developed new titles instead of running his cash cow into the dirt. The Phantom pain isn't exactly introducing new gameplay elements, a lot of it is nice to look at and fun to execute, but its nothing revolutionary, and maybe that's expecting too much but if you're gonna nickel and dime gamers to by the intro to your game, you must be producing some nasty content. From what I've played, going Max Payne whenever you're detected isn't exactly mind blowing.
What game has blown your mind

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It has flatlined cause japanese only play their games pretty much. They're followers :yeshrug:
Console gaming has become pretty stale. All the stuff that succeeds anymore is mostly either first / third person shooters. graphic whoring and prohibitively expensive hardware pushed the Japanese away and at the same time the exploding cost of developing games pushed the Japanese developers and publishers away. Most of these Japanese developers / publishers would rather make cheap mobile games with higher profit margins then console games.

Remember though things were fine in the PS2 generation. The PS3 comes out and is too large and cost too much and Nintendo wasn't a legit alternative. The kinds of games Microsoft makes they really ain't trying to play those. It all lead up to a throw away generation for Japanese gamers and they abandoned consoles. Apparently they couldn't care less about them now. Portables are doing ok there though.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
Console gaming has become pretty stale. All the stuff that succeeds anymore is mostly either first / third person shooters. graphic whoring and prohibitively expensive hardware pushed the Japanese away and at the same time the exploding cost of developing games pushed the Japanese developers and publishers away. Most of these Japanese developers / publishers would rather make cheap mobile games with higher profit margins then console games.

Remember though things were fine in the PS2 generation. The PS3 comes out and is too large and cost too much and Nintendo wasn't a legit alternative. The kinds of games Microsoft makes they really ain't trying to play those. It all lead up to a throw away generation for Japanese gamers and they abandoned consoles. Apparently they couldn't care less about them now. Portables are doing ok there though.
Yeah, DS is huge there.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
What game has blown your mind

It's Kojima, already implying that some of his games have blown my mind already, however, I'm not a mindless fanboy, I can see where he has hit the "wall" when it comes to producing, not that he still can't deliver, I'm sure Silent Hills would've been the return to actual survivor horror the industry needed, but it looks like he's hit his prime. Would've been nice if he actually finished a game before he announced he was going to "retire" for like the 5th time.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
It's Kojima, already implying that some of his games have blown my mind already, however, I'm not a mindless fanboy, I can see where he has hit the "wall" when it comes to producing, not that he still can't deliver, I'm sure Silent Hills would've been the return to actual survivor horror the industry needed, but it looks like he's hit his prime. Would've been nice if he actually finished a game before he announced he was going to "retire" for like the 5th time.
Resident evil 1 wouldnt be considered survival horror by todays standards.

It looks like this game is finished, they're just polishing the rest.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
The game is releasing in 4 months. There's a lot that's unknown about how individual studios work but I would imagine that the last few months are spent working on advertising and sending the finished product to the distributors. I don't see how any major work on the game could be being done at this point with the release right around the corner. This is definitely the wrap up loose ends phase of the game creation.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I disagree. If it was that far along, the game would be releasing sooner. Especially in the wake of the Playstation drought
One month of ps4 sales in china, ps4 has already matched xbox sales. :mjlol:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
One month of ps4 sales in china, ps4 has already matched xbox sales. :mjlol:
I'd ask you to post a link, but I know XB1 hasn't sold well in China so whatever number you laughing about applies to sony as well :ufdup:
Asians don't like the types of games that appeal to westerners, you girls are gonna have to understand this and stop acting like some nikkaz from across the world playing Persona and Underage Dating Simulators is why your system with no games to play is worth the investment