Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I'd ask you to post a link, but I know XB1 hasn't sold well in China so whatever number you laughing about applies to sony as well :ufdup:
Asians don't like the types of games that appeal to westerners, you girls are gonna have to understand this and stop acting like some nikkaz from across the world playing Persona and Underage Dating Simulators is why your system with no games to play is worth the investment
The point is xb1 as been available in china for a while and in one month Sony matched their sales.

That's sad. Buy a ps4

• Dap
Reactions: NZA

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Konami Employee: “Let Us Know Where We Are Royally Screwing Up”
Konami Employee: “Let Us Know Where We Are Royally Screwing Up”, Talks About MGS5 PC Preload & E3 Showing
Konami’s Tora Shiro on MGS5 PC Preload, Bonus content and more.
08th, May. 2015 | Posted In News | By Rashid Sayed| Follow This Author @GamingBoltTweet
image: http://gamingbolt.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/1364419152-mgsv-tpp-11-1024x576.jpg

Update: The original title which mentioned Tora Shiro as a Konami Executive has been edited.
Original Story:
Ever since the release date of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain was announced, there has been nothing but drama within Konami. According to reports Hideo Kojima is all set to leave Konami by the end of the year and a Italian neurosurgeon apparently wants to sue to the Japanese firm for using his likeness in the game. This was followed by the cancellation of Silent Hills, something that had amazing potential if P.T. was anything to go by.
It’s not far fetched to think that Konami may be moving away from console business altogether. Remember, digital entertainment is only a part of Konami’s revenue stream, one that is dwindling down in the recent years. Konami was once considered a behemoth in the games publication sector but since 2014, the company has published only 3 titles and it has only The Phantom Pain for 2015.
I guess it goes without saying that fans are not happy.
But it seems that Konami might be listening to its fans. Tora Shiro, who works at the North American branch of Konami recently responded to a user with the following statement on Neogaf: “Totally fine, I take no offense and always encourage fans to let us know where we are royally screwing up as to find out where we should be improving.”
Will they actually listen to its user base is something that we will know in the future. Moving on, information on The Phantom Pain has totally dried up. Kojima used to tweet out images before the Konami drama but that is not happening anymore. So when can fans expect to hear more about the game? Perhaps at E3?
“That would be the logical expectation. Can’t comment on exact details or dates at this time. I don’t think I need to remind you to make sure you are following our channels for updates and news,” Tora stated.
“We are not ready to confirm our E3 activities, but we have launched major trailers for the game the last 2 years running at E3 and we are releasing the game in September, so I’ll just leave you with the assumptions that can be made given our previous asset releases,” he vaguely hinted that a new trailer might be shown during next month’s event.
He also revealed that they are in talks with Steam regarding pre-load and other platform specific details. “We’re still in talks with Steam about all sorts of details. While I’m not privy to the specifics, I am sure that pre-load will come up at some point. I will of course push for, as I’m sure our Digital Team is/has/whatev, and hope to have an answer in the future, though this is unlikely to be resolved until we get closer to launch.”
Furthermore he also clarified that the come back early 2015 to claim your downloadable content pamphlet was only a placeholder.
“It doesn’t. Not yet. The “early 2015″ people float around was actually placeholder text from an early build of the website we had made but wasn’t supposed to go out. Then, oops, those copies of GZ got leaked in the Middle East and people had a website to go to that wasn’t supposed to be live yet with placeholder text. Continue to hold on to your code, they will be instrumental in redeeming your GZ->TPP loyalty reward, and we will have more details for that as we come up to September 1. But until the game comes out there’s really nothing to worry about, yet.”
How will this apply for new and used copies of Ground Zeroes? “If you purchase a new, physical copy with insert, then absolutely. No guarantees on used. Details still being finalized for digital redemption,” Tora clarified.
Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain launches on 1st September on PS4, Xbox One, PS3 and Xbox 360. The Steam version will launch on September 15th.

Read more at http://gamingbolt.com/konami-exec-l...gs5-pc-preload-e3-showing#o0TRHP5M5EY6gotm.99

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Konami takes down Super Bunnyhop video (Kojima vs Konami) in the name of copyright infringement
kojima.jpg

It appears that the fallout between Hideo Kojima and Konami has taken a turn for the worse. Konami has just taken down Bunnyhop’s Youtube video that featured a transcript from alleged employee who accused the company’s CEO of mismanagement and his unfair treatment of Kojima.
11262951_10206879663019662_695636283_n.jpg

The video was taken down in the name of copyright infringement, despite the fact that it contained no material that was copyrighted by Konami.
Both Jim Sterling and TotalBuscuit have brought the matter to light via Twitter. The latter termed the act as “criminal”.

It does appear to be likely that there was some truth to the information available in the video regarding Konami’s CEO, Kagemasa Kozuki.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If they went this hard on that dude's video then what that anonymous source said must be true then.

Trying to censor the to truth to their liking, just Kojima said they would do back in 2001:

jswxMum.jpg

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Konami CEO Confirms Company Will Shift Focus to Mobile Development; “Mobile is Where the Future of Gaming Lies”
After a turbulent past few weeks in the world of Konami with an uneasy relationship with developer Hideo Kojima and the company officially delisting from the New York Stock Exchange, Konami has shed more light on where the company’s future is heading and indicated that it may be moving away from development on consoles.
In an interview with Nikkei, Konami Digital Entertainment president/CEO Hideki Hayakawa provided several statements regarding the future of the company in light of recent events and the company’s growing financial changes, with Hayakawa indicating that the company will be shifting its focus away from console development and instead toward mobile game development.
Hayakawa commented during the interview that “mobile is at the center” in Konami’s plans which indicate the company may be shifting away from console game development, citing that Konami “will continue to aggressively expand” to mobile games in the future. Hayakawa also added that “gaming has spread to a number of platforms, but at the end of the day, the platform that is always closest to us, is mobile. Mobile is where the future of gaming lies.”
During the interview Hayakawa also added that while plans for upcoming consoles titles like Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain will continue ahead as scheduled, he also added that plans for “we are always thinking about how to push our franchises onto mobile there too.”
http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/05...nt-mobile-is-where-the-future-of-gaming-lies/

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Konami CEO Confirms Company Will Shift Focus to Mobile Development; “Mobile is Where the Future of Gaming Lies”

WXondYI.gif

The backlash from the gamer community to konami is gonna be so great and bloodthirsty they will lose everything... do they really think the core gamers will play mobile games they will nickel and dime everyone to death on? Depending on the casual markets??!?! :mjlol:

Oh my god who is running this shyt over there??? :heh:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
WXondYI.gif

The backlash from the gamer community to konami is gonna be so great and bloodthirsty they will lose everything... do they really think the core gamers will play mobile games they will nickel and dime everyone to death on? Depending on the casual markets??!?! :mjlol:

Square Enix has made the same statement as well. To honest I can't 100% blame them. The mobile market is the safer bet than this big budget PC and console games. As a gamer I'm :scust:, from the business side though :francis::yeshrug:.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Square Enix has made the same statement as well. To honest I can't 100% blame them. The mobile market is the safer bet than this big budget PC and console games. As a gamer I'm :scust:, from the business side though :francis::yeshrug:.

I understand their financial situation but you CAN have BOTH... :dahell: :snoop: thats what i dont get about this guy... :mindblown:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I understand their financial situation but you CAN have BOTH... :dahell: :snoop: thats what i dont get about this guy... :mindblown:
Look out for the Clash of Clans style smartphone game for MGS. Have a little motherbase that generates money twice a day that you spend on upgrades and come back to later to build little soldiers every hour and attack other motherbases. Watch.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Look out for the Clash of Clans style smartphone game for MGS. Have a little motherbase that generates money twice a day that you spend on upgrades and come back to later to build little soldiers every hour and attack other motherbases. Watch.

:to: stop... just stop it... the mighty have fallen...

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
:to: stop... just stop it... the mighty have fallen...
All jokes aside. It's been confirmed for a minute now. Konami has been firm on 2 things this whole time
1. They are getting away from the console market and focusing and smartphone games
2. They will continue to make MGS without the involvement of Hideo Kojima

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
WXondYI.gif

They see all these companies making cash money with teams of 20 slaves and making millions a day and they want in.
Ask Square Enix how that worked :mjlol: they tried to see if shyt worked, fell back quick.
They'll try to port games instead of creating new content.
I hate Koonami man :beli:they have/had Contra, Castlevania, Pro Evolution Soccer, Crash Bandicoot but preferred working on Dance Dance revolutions game :aicmon:

Last edited: