Kojima is the most overrated game developer in history

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Highkey that should be Peter Molyneux as far as game directors go
Agreed, but Kojima been doing weird stuff for a long ass time, this ain't nothing new, but just a bigger budget to do something even more. Yeah, this game is definitely weird out of the park, but he'll make sense of it eventually. I just like the fresh idea of something different, so I'll be waiting for more info on it. :ehh:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
For a guy who gets so much praise as a story teller he is an absolute garbage story teller. If he was making films he would be seen as a total hack.

Very accurate :mjlol:

I'd actually extend this to most japanese game developers. Most of their games are story focused but the majority of their stories make absolutely zero sense.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Very accurate :mjlol:

I'd actually extend this to most japanese game developers. Most of their games are story focused but the majority of their stories make absolutely zero sense.

The Japanese suck at storytelling in general. This is gonna hurt the weebs but its true. They're the reason ppl STILL think video game stories suck.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
MGSV was dope, but I watched the gameplay reveal and was like this dude tweaking.

But knowing him, the game going to play way different than what was shown. They waited till the end of the trailer for breh to take a gun out.

:deadmanny:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I want to defend MGS4, but I'm sincerely fine if I never play that ever again.
Of course you would. MGS4 sucks.

People have been trying to clown me for 10 years on here acting like idk wtf I’m talking about. Kojima is all rep off his old video games.

Almost 2 full generations and his most interesting release is something you can’t even download anymore.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Sorry, but Kojima made MGS which is the GOAT game, so this thread is an automatic one star. :yeshrug:

I literally played that when I was like 13 or 14 and it was literally a childhood-defining gaming experience. And I'd consider all of the MGS games great personally including MGS4.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Not to mention he freaking takes a almost a decade to make a game. Like phantom pain shouldnt have taken so long to complete, like i dont blame konami for bushing him.
This.

Also Mgs 3 was his last hoorah. Dude is washed something serious. Mgs V was the biggest let down this gen, and it's not even close.