KOD is among the most important albums of this generation

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
I've always said Kendrick is a better artist and I'm a bigger fan of his music. But the reality is Cole reaches people differently than Kendrick does. He's generally easier to digest to the average listener which is why they both serve a purpose

Why can't we just appreciate greatness
:mjgrin:

All facts, this is the same perspective that I have regarding these two.

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
I revisited this album it's actually pretty good the concept was executed masterfully dude is talking about real shyt top to bottom

Still don't like ATM, Motiv8, or the Kill Edward thing

It is a very important album because it really touches on substance abuse especially as it pertains around urban black communities especially in a generation of the opioid epidemic
Exactly. It's only seen as "preachy" by the addicts. It's a defense mechanism. Or at least that's what it feels like

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
Photograph was about the idolatry of women. Men these days are addicted to IG models and regular women. Social media. Love through technology. All of these are addictions

This album was so much more than "stay off the weed" raps. I won't break down the whole project. Hopefully the masses will years down the line

Cole will go down as one of the greatest artists of all time. Elite penmanship aside, he makes albums like this for a bigger purpose. Way deeper than him being the best rapper

He tried to give easily digestable game throughout this whole album for the youth. For the rappers. For Black America. For the world.

It's a shame Juice WRLD, Mac Miller, and many more passed away because of the vices

What we can't say is Cole didn't speak on the issue. He's one of the few in the game that has.

The issue that goes back far past the 80s and far past hip hop music (listen to Brackets)

Cole will get his flowers eventually. Maybe after The Fall Off
:yeshrug:

A Pimp Named Slickback

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Woodcrest
He didn't make this album for you to play in the whip mindlessly. This isn't party music

This was way more important than that irrelevant "listenable" narrative the critics spew. This project was supposed to be hard to listen to

Legendary shyt. GOAT shyt