KOD is among the most important albums of this generation

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
If you were blessed enough to talk to people in certain circles, you'd see the importance. Your listening satisfaction doesn't determine it's importance. Stop

What does this even mean? I probably have some of your favorite artists numbers in my phone.

:what:

My post wasn’t a slight at all, I love Cole and his music.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Then talk to them about it. Leave that negativity out of here
:unimpressed:
I wasn’t being negative my brother, I love Cole and his music

I just never saw KOD as this earth shattering thing. I thought it was dope. Some of those joints still get spun. Just saying that album didn’t mean much to me. If you feel differently, I respect it

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
nikkas hatin on this album real talk shyt was dope and doper than every Kendrick album not named Section 80 and GKMC.

No. Just NO. NO NO NO NO NO. And Section 80 might be Kendricks WORST.

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
His writing is very substantial and vivid but the music is ass. J Cole doesnt make good music.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Section 80 and GKMC are classic material. I’m not hating on Kendrick. I just don’t like how nikkas shyt on Cole for certain shyt and praise Kendrick for the same shyt. If Kendrick made KOD it wouldn’t be getting as much hate and that’s a fact.
If Kendrick made KOD it wouldn't be as shallow in subject matter or as hollow musically because Kendrick is a much better artist and songwriter than Cole.

You can't play that "If he made that album" card. There's levels to this stuff, and Cole has never made an album touching even Kendrick's weakest material. If if was a spliff we'd all be fukked up :yeshrug: And in general they're different artists who aproach things differently - J. Cole's more surface level, direct and preachy while Kendrick's stuff is more personal, abstract and ambiguous, not to mention there's a greater focus on musicality while Cole still has that Canibus stan syndrome.

Izanami

Superstar
Daps
If Kendrick made KOD it wouldn't be as shallow in subject matter or as hollow musically because Kendrick is a much better artist and songwriter than Cole.

You can't play that "If he made that album" card. There's levels to this stuff, and Cole has never made an album touching even Kendrick's weakest material. If if was a spliff we'd all be fukked up :yeshrug: And in general they're different artists who aproach things differently - J. Cole's more surface level, direct and preachy while Kendrick's stuff is more personal, abstract and ambiguous, not to mention there's a greater focus on musicality while Cole still has that Canibus stan syndrome.

Nothing shallow about the amount of taxes the gov takes and the way it is distributed back into our communities (BRACKETS) or how the trauma we see in our communities requires us to need therapy and how some cope with drug addiction. (FRIENDS) Even MM&BS had similar themes. Nothing shallow about social media IG/only fans obsessions or how artist should focus on cultivating a fan base and the importance of making music that resonates and touring. (1985)

:yeshrug:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Nothing shallow about the amount of taxes the gov takes and the way it is distributed back into our communities (BRACKETS) or how the trauma we see in our communities requires us to need therapy and how some cope with drug addiction. (FRIENDS) Even MM&BS had similar themes. Nothing shallow about social media IG/only fans obsessions or how artist should focus on cultivating a fan base and the importance of making music that resonates and touring. (1985)

:yeshrug:
All of this is basic