Kobe's Pitch To Dwight

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:childplease: That's a struggle comparison. LeBron did it shooting over 10 percentage points better from the floor and Kobe was passing for selfish reasons. That's like giving charity simply for the write-offs.

Please explain:patrice:

The 1st 42 games of the season.....Kobe was shooting 22.1 FGA per game and averaging 4.7 APG. The Lakers were 17-25.

The final 36 games of the season in which he played, when Kobe became Kobe Johnson, he lowered his shooting to 18.5 FGA per game and raised his passing to 7.5 APG. The Lakers went 25-11.

:ufdup:

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Please explain:patrice:

The 1st 42 games of the season.....Kobe was shooting 22.1 FGA per game and averaging 4.7 APG. The Lakers were 17-25.

The final 36 games of the season in which he played, when Kobe became Kobe Johnson, he lowered his shooting to 18.5 FGA per game and raised his passing to 7.5 APG. The Lakers went 25-11.

Come on that nikka was going 3 quarters without shooting just to prove a point. Total body of work this year: snuck into the playoffs, quickly ousted. You can break it down all you want but that's the bottom line.

Y'all still entertaining that dude? He's bored, let him surf the site.

I'll admit I do be trolling Kobe stans a bit, but I only troll with absolute truth. I expected "Kobe's team" to be in the Finals this year but their self proclaimed leader failed to get it done.

Personally, IDK how yall defend it. I'd be pissed because that team actually coulda been special. :yeshrug:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
LeBron James and Kobe Bryant are the ONLY 2 players in the NBA who finished in the Top 5 in the NBA in points scored and also finished Top 20 in total assists.

smh at this made up ESPN stat:stopitslime:... there could only be 5 people who did it:comeon:... and :russ: was #3 in ppg #7 in apg

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Dwight needs to go to a place where he can be himself & grow as a leader & man. That will NEVER happen as long as Kobe is a Laker

It's rare people grow into a leader without some guidance. He wasn't showing signs as a leader in ORL. That shyt takes nurturing, especially for D12. D12 ain't built to grow on his own; look how things turned out up until now. His personality needs slight changes cause if you're always the funny man you get no respect.

Everybody needs a mentor.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kobe sabotaged that team. His team, as he took the time out to tell us before the season. Well Kobe, your team looked :flabbynsick: all year, snuck into the playoffs and got swept. Congratulations, nikka. :aicmon:

Leading the league in shot attempts while playing alongside 3 other all stars is disgraceful. And playing no D while doing it is even more despicable.

Why didn't Kobe let Nash facilitate the offense? Then Kobe could focused on D like he did for like 3 games but do it the whole year. He was putting pressure on PG's and doing a damn good job but that was only like twice. :heh:

nikka shoulda been locking down PG's, taking that defensive pressure off Nash, let Nash get everybody involved and happy, then if Kobe wants to jack up shots in crunch time, do that. No reason for that nikka to shoot so got damn much.

He is without a doubt the #1 reason the Lakers were so shytty last year.

Nash was injured 31 games last year... did you watch a single Lakers game? :what:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
smh at this made up ESPN stat:stopitslime:... there could only be 5 people who did it:comeon:... and :russ: was #3 in ppg #7 in apg

He's a PG.....why wouldn't he be in the top 10 in apg:ufdup:

Kobe and LeBron are the only NON PGs to be in the Top 20 in points and assists per game.......but Kobe is a ballhog:childplease:

MsBigHead

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Jets
Its disgusting how some laker fans defend everything kobe does. Kobe does what is best for Kobe and if it helps the team then all is good but if it continues to hurt them then fingers are pointed at everyone else. He needs Dwight more than Dwight needs him....

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:comeon: With that pitch Tobe, you just made it easier for the Coward to ease on down to Houston :skip:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh

How phony would it sound if Kobe told Dwight what he wanted to hear? It wouldn't have sounded believable at all and it would have done more damage than good

Kobe lamumba can't help but spit that real

:dwillhuh: Did I deny this at some point?

One thing I gotta say though. Every Laker outside of Kareem has had said something about older Lakers sitting them down and teaching them how to win.

Jerry West pretty much gave every incoming superstar a "I'm gonna show you how to be great and if you don't live up to this standard you aint shyt" speech. Which is funny considering how many times Jerry West lost in the finals.

So it's not like Kobe was telling Dwight anything he had heard himself from other greats.

Ironically West is one of the ATGs that does know how it's done. I am sure that similar sentiments were passed along to Kobe and others. My point was that winning is more so about having the right pieces around you and those pieces doing their job than "knowing how to win". It's one thing for Jerry West to say that shyt to a young Kobe with a prime Shaq in tow. It's another for 2 months shy of 35 year old Kobe, coming off a torn achilles, to say that to Dwight when you got 40 year old Nash and 33 year old Pau in tow. Winning is about circumstance more so than some mystical understanding of how to win.

Digital Dre

All Star
Daps
Reppin
STL
That wasn't a pitch that was one last fukk you from. Kobe to Coward and his team leaked this to give a reason for him to go to Houston basically showing that Kobe is a giant prick