Kobe Bryant Was Not Impressed by the Miami Heat’s Trayvon Martin Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
That's true. But all this bytching about Kobe ain't solving shyt either.
I think you're having a hard time coming to grips that your favorite athlete said something dumb and insensitive and is catching a major backlash...

That speaks on the power and influence of sports in this country....The same influence that you're trying to downplay is forcing you to be extremely defensive in this very thread...

Thats why when you keep dismissing him as "just an athlete" I have to laugh...He's powerful enough to make you care, so why are you credulous as to why a lot of other people do too?

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who said that?

Point is....you won't see a perp remain free for 7 weeks if it was other groups. The empathy tied to this goes back to times where whites routinely got away with killing blacks. Why are you asking us to forget that history in asking this question?

and today ain't those times. there is no epidemic and I doubt you walk around in fear a white man could kill you or do a drive by w/o consequence. are you worried about a random white dude getting away with murdering you? Nope!

The issue is a law not being properly enforced....if zimmerman was black this issue is the same that you can't have that man walk around freely. You don't have to bring race into the equation when zimmerman walking around after the situation is wrong regardless of race. morality before equality! My black ass doesn't need to be able to kill a white teen w/o consequence....zimmerman needs to be punished is the issue.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Becuz it isn't A REAL SOLUTION. This unracial utopia that Kobe is calling for isn't real.

I'm getting on posters who are quick to drop the c00n label but have no answer themselves. I'm getting on posters who did absolutely nothing for that family or the foundation at all. So who's really the c00n?

c00ns are the ones backing that thought process bruh. Period, straight up....

Who goes off the deep end over posters on a messageboard moreso than a guy with the platform speaking to millions and showcasing a fukked up mindstate?

You dedicating more energy to that than exactly who has done more damage says everything.

NYC Rebel

Daps
and today ain't those times.

Today was that time. to tell blacks to set aside our collective memories for your comfort is bullshyt...straight up.

doubt you walk around in fear a white man could kill you or do a drive by w/o consequence. are you worried about a random white dude getting away with murdering you? Nope!

What does my fear have to do with anything? Bottomline, this is about someone walking around free after shooting an unarmed black teen and given the benefit of the doubt.....period. And yes.....just because of my size and hue, I can be viewed as the aggressor at the drop of a hat, reaching for a wallet or the keys to the door. Just like I'd want a black criminal locked up for assaulting me, I want a white criminal locked up the same way, only he would have priviledge on his side that you want me to completely ignore.

The issue is a law not being properly enforced....if zimmerman was black this issue is the same that you can't have that man walk around freely.

Oh my god!! Captain obvious!!!

You don't have to bring race into the equation when zimmerman walking around after the situation is wrong regardless of race.

Yes....I do. because race is the thing where as a black person, even when you're dead you are the suspect in your own demise. It was Trayvon that got tested for drugs, not Zimmerman.
Either way, I'm not going to continue speaking to someone who completely leapfrogs the racial dynamic here in not only white privilege giving zimmerman a 7 week pass, but black's being 100% wrong when a victim shot in cold blood is the one viewed as a suspect.

You choose not to care bruh.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I think you're having a hard time coming to grips that your favorite athlete said something dumb and insensitive and is catching a major backlash...

That speaks on the power and influence of sports in this country....The same influence that you're trying to downplay is forcing you to be extremely defensive in this very thread...

Thats why when you keep dismissing him as "just an athlete" I have to laugh...He's powerful enough to make you care, so why are you credulous as to why a lot of other people do too?
shyt is as clear as day.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

Dawg. I'm not defending Kobe. Hell I'm not even defending myself. I don't care. I don't have enough emotion to care that much.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
c00ns are the ones backing that thought process bruh. Period, straight up....

Who goes off the deep end over posters on a messageboard moreso than a guy with the platform speaking to millions and showcasing a fukked up mindstate?

You dedicating more energy to that than exactly who has done more damage says everything.

And that's the problem to me. There's too much investment in a guy who has that platform but it isn't for him. That's why I don't care.

He was wrong for what he said but if you're bashing him and haven't done anything to further progress the cause then how does that make you any different? How are you nothing more than a talking head?

And I'm not saying you in particular. I'm speaking generally.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Dawg. I'm not defending Kobe. Hell I'm not even defending myself. I don't care. I don't have enough emotion to care that much.
You might have more posts in this thread than anyone else on the forum...You have a strange way of expressing that you don't care about a topic...

Why not just be honest? I'll admit that I DO CARE about this topic... I don't care about how corny or unreasonable it makes me seem to some.. This conversation matters to me...I'm not going to judge you for caring even if we disagree...

NYC Rebel

Daps
And that's the problem to me. There's too much investment in a guy who has that platform but it isn't for him. .

Sorry...but it exists and now every garden variety bigot to the Drudge report are carrying his words to hide behind.

If you're going to prioritize and pour energy on who should be criticized, it's that clown, not some powerless posters.

He was wrong for what he said but if you're bashing him and haven't done anything to further progress the cause then how does that make you any different? How are you nothing more than a talking head?

So you have to have qualifications to call out Kobe now? :what:

And how can any "talking head" in here speak with the same volume as a Kobe Bryant for you to suddenly shoulder messageboard posters to him as equals....which you ARE doing in putting a criteria on what it takes to criticize a Kobe Bryant for his dumb ass comments.

I can't.....

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
You might have more posts in this thread than anyone else on the forum...You have a strange way of expressing that you don't care about a topic...

Why not just be honest? I'll admit that I DO CARE about this topic... I don't care about how corny or unreasonable it makes me seem to some.. This conversation matters to me...I'm not going to judge you for caring even if we disagree...

I care that justice wasnt properly served. But that's where it stops. My problem has been the double standard in this thread. We shyt on Kobe but have done nothing but bytch and moan about what he said instead of helping the next black man.

But like you said, everybody ain't or brother.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I care that justice wasnt properly served. But that's where it stops. My problem has been the double standard in this thread. We shyt on Kobe but have done nothing but bytch and moan about what he said instead of helping the next black man.

But like you said, everybody ain't or brother.
Double standard?

Asking Kobe to anything is another issue. He's getting rightfully bashed for his comments and bottomline, it bothers you that he is.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
My problem has been the double standard in this thread. We shyt on Kobe but have done nothing but bytch and moan about what he said instead of helping the next black man.

See you DO care...

Now why are you bytching and moaning about the posters in this thread instead of helping them be better Black men?

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Sorry...but it exists and now every garden variety bigot to the Drudge report are carrying his words to hide behind.

If you're going to prioritize and pour energy on who should be criticized, it's that clown, not some powerless posters.

So you have to have qualifications to call out Kobe now? :what:

And how can any "talking head" in here speak with the same volume as a Kobe Bryant for you to suddenly shoulder messageboard posters to him as equals....which you ARE doing in putting a criteria on what it takes to criticize a Kobe Bryant for his dumb ass comments.

I can't.....

And that's our problem bruh. That shyt is wreckless. That shyt has gone beyond criticism and had turned into bashing. I don't agree with. You're black, I'm black. How is that acceptable?

NYC Rebel

Daps
And that's our problem bruh. That shyt is wreckless. That shyt has gone beyond criticism and had turned into bashing. I don't agree with. You're black, I'm black. How is that acceptable?
LOL @ this garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.