Kobe Bryant Was Not Impressed by the Miami Heat’s Trayvon Martin Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDream

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He has a real point. I don't think he's just talking about the Trayvon Martin thing in particular.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
He has a real point. I don't think he's just talking about the Trayvon Martin thing in particular.
He was talking about the Trayvon Martin thing in particular.

Its you and the STephen A Smiths of the world who keep adding other ingredients to bail that clown out.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
1. So you only supported him because of this?

3.:what: I didnt ask you 2. You said that people shouldnt comment if they did nothing.........but isnt that exactly what Kobe did? Nobody has denied his talent.....they just think he is a fukkboi for his comments :yeshrug:

I agree. He done nothing. He should shut up.

My issue is seeing people Hey overly emotional over some shyt an athlete said that doesn't directly concern them.

nikkas ain't did a damn thing for the cause or for that family but quick to throw that word "c00n" around. What makes them any different than Kobe?

What separates me from you is that I can't get as heavily invested becuz it doesn't directly concern me. Is that really a bad thing? Becuz at this point, I just don't know.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
What separates me from you is that I can't get as heavily invested becuz it doesn't directly concern me. Is that really a bad thing? Becuz at this point, I just don't know.
Every Black man isn't a brother...It is what it is cuh...

:manny:

But I don't know how you can say Trayvon doesn't concern you if you're a Black man in America...Even the president could empathize by saying it could have been him...

What makes you different or more special than the rest of us?

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
My issue is seeing people Hey overly emotional over some shyt an athlete said that doesn't directly concern them.

So if Congress cuts benefits to military families, cuts military healthcare spending and allows the suicide rate of soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan to skyrocket, non-vets should just say:manny: and move on with their lives?

And for somebody who insists that nobody else should care what Kobe says, you seem care what people in this thread are saying.
:patrice:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

But I don't know how you can say Trayvon doesn't concern you if you're a Black man in America...Even the president could empathize by saying it could have been him...

I never said it didn't concern me. I did what I could and left it at that. I feel for the parents and the family. I figure by keeping the young black men in my life on the straight and narrow, that I am helping the cause. All this back and forth and c00n shyt is for the birds.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

so he shouldn't empathize with an asian teen, white teen, latino teen....only black teen? every adult was a teen at some point and an innocent one was killed. You keep creating the racial dynamic...how about relating because it was teen?

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I I figure by keeping the young black men in my life on the straight and narrow, that I am helping the cause. .
Well thats good but has nothing to do with Trayvon...Him being on the "straight and narrow" wouldn't have saved his life or given his family a just verdict.. It's deeper than that..

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
So if Congress cuts benefits to military families, cuts military healthcare spending and allows the suicide rate of soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan to skyrocket, non-vets should just say:manny: and move on with their lives?

And for somebody who insists that nobody else should care what Kobe says, you seem care what people in this thread are saying.
:patrice:

If that's how they feel. I'll voice my opinion and show my support and go from there.

Mt issue isn't about caring what poeple have to say about Kobe. My problem is the c00n label. A lot of nikkas are doing absolutely nothing but have the nerve to dissn someone like me who actually put in the work. That bothers me.

NYC Rebel

Daps
so he shouldn't empathize with an asian teen, white teen, latino teen....only black teen? every adult was a teen at some point and an innocent one was killed. You keep creating the racial dynamic...how about relating because it was teen?
Who said that?

Point is....you won't see a perp remain free for 7 weeks if it was other groups. The empathy tied to this goes back to times where whites routinely got away with killing blacks. Why are you asking us to forget that history in asking this question?

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y'all nikkaz are wasting your time rationalizing here.
Trying to explain racism to cacs/c00ns is like trying to teach Japanese to a monkey (no offense to monkeys) :manny:

if you can't do something because of your race it's an issue....but race is one of many commonality a person has.

I mean damn if you go to lunch with ya white co-workers and the restaurant is acting funny style cause you're black....they lose the business of ya white co-workers as well because it's not a place for you all to grab lunch together and talk about sports or something.

NYC Rebel

Daps
That's true. But all this bytching about Kobe ain't solving shyt either.
Then why aren't you criticizing Kobe's so called solution?

It was HIM saying that blacks have an issue in wanting Zimm arrested and not progressing as a society. He's the one doing the solving on some dumb shyt yet you provide that clown shelter, leapfrogging his nonsense and getting on posters that call him out for the fool he is.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Then why aren't you criticizing Kobe's so called solution?

It was HIM saying that blacks have an issue in wanting Zimm arrested and not progressing as a society. He's the one doing the solving on some dumb shyt yet you provide that clown shelter, leapfrogging his nonsense and getting on posters that call him out for the fool he is.

Becuz it isn't A REAL SOLUTION. This unracial utopia that Kobe is calling for isn't real.

I'm getting on posters who are quick to drop the c00n label but have no answer themselves. I'm getting on posters who did absolutely nothing for that family or the foundation at all. So who's really the c00n?

Status
Not open for further replies.