Kobe Bryant Was Not Impressed by the Miami Heat’s Trayvon Martin Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsBigHead

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Jets
Kobe should care because his daughters are going to face racism in their own lives and he himself faced racism right in the face during the Colorado rape accusation. Do you think John Elway would have went through that? I agree with that piece.
But I really believe Kobe was focused more on the Miami Heat dyckriding and fad jumping bull$hit they do. From wearing hipster clothes to doing the Harlem shake to Wade wearing woman's clothes and Capri pants with his suits dude was just trying to talk down on them as usual. He just chose a really bad example and walked into a minefield. Stupid ass move by Kobe there.

wtf are you talking about :what: . Kobe,himself, said he was talking about this situation and how he felt the only reason black people supported Trayvon was because he was black. Stop trying to to absolve him of his wrongdoing by acting like Kobe was calling people out for dikkriding. What does Wade wearing capri pants have to do with this situation :what:. He didnt even know the facts of the case 2 years after it happened so he cant really talk down on anyone.....especially someone who actually showed support.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wtf are you talking about :what: . Kobe,himself, said he was talking about this situation and how he felt the only reason black people supported Trayvon was because he was black. Stop trying to to absolve him of his wrongdoing by acting like Kobe was calling people out for dikkriding. What does Wade wearing capri pant have to do with this situation :what:. He didnt even know the facts of the case 2 years after it happened so he cant really talk down on anyone.....especially someone who actually showed support.
When dealing with groups of people we tend to speak in generalities. Kobe Bryant obviously was speaking in big generalities here. I seriously doubt he meant that every single “black” person on planet earth only supported Trayvon Martin because he was "black". People are making it personal, assuming those generalities applied to them. Question: MsBighead did you only support Trayvon Martin because he was "black"? If it is a no, then Kobe Bryant wasn’t talking about you.

LogicFirst

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
When dealing with groups of people we tend to speak in generalities. Kobe Bryant obviously was speaking in big generalities here. I seriously doubt he meant that every single “black” person on planet earth only supported Trayvon Martin because he was "black". People are making it personal, assuming those generalities applied to them. Question: MsBighead did you only support Trayvon Martin because he was "black"? If it is a no, then Kobe Bryant wasn’t talking about you.

How do you know what he "meant" ?

MsBigHead

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Jets
Unfortunately, when things occur, black people are seen as one monolithic entity instead of as individuals----especially by racists and/or critics of the black community. Using that kind of phrasing did nothing to help his argument on an issue as incendiary as the Trayvon Martin case. It made him seem arrogant and willfully ignorant to question the motives of the Heat, or anyone else, on an issue that he did not bother to educate himself about

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
I can understand the dikkriders who say, "Kobe didn't say anything wrong!" They are stupid but at least their position is clear.

I don't understand the people in here saying "Kobe was wrong, but not really ....."

WTF are you people saying? Stop talking out of your ass and give me a clear answer.

Trece

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Unfortunately, when things occur, black people are seen as one monolithic entity instead of as individuals----especially by racists and/or critics of the black community. Using that kind of phrasing did nothing to help his argument on an issue as incendiary as the Trayvon Martin case. It made him seem arrogant and willfully ignorant to question the motives of the Heat, or anyone else, on an issue that he did not bother to educate himself about

Not to get off topic but I agree with what you said. I have heard the term monolithic voting block used about the black vote. Democrats have openly said they dont even bother with the black vote cause it is in the bag. That is a perception that needs some work.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
negged

:what:

Who are these bum ass pseudo intellectual go against the grain to be different type negros? They been infesting this thread with pure drivel that makes no sense.

nikka speak for yourself. If you're an apathetic, selfish dude thats on you. Civic grassroots activism is what FORCED the state attorney to investigate Trayvon's murder and charge Zimmerman.

With your attitude we'd still be in chains. I swear this shyt never gets old. Glad I know where you bytchmade ass stands.

fukk outta here :pacspit:

your entitled to your opinion. having different views is an issue for you....you might want to check that cause all you doing it spewing racism. You even got people that want to abolish stand your ground when the issue is equal enforcement....if black people could do it to white people it be a non-issue. Equality before morality.

Plus Everyone was in chains at the same time....of course a movement was going to happen. It ain't like one black person was a slave and people fought for him/her. millions of people fighting the same personal battle would automatically change things....which it did.

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
99.9% of white people are crossing the street. Zimmerman was a renegade and Martin's family addressed the issue. there is no epidemic of white people shooting at black people walking down the street...and if it was a unified fight automatically happens.

breh...do you walk down the street concerned about random white people shooting at ya? worried about white people doing a drive-by?

Look at the Barneys situation....separate incidents. However, it happened to several blacks that fought their own battle and it became a movement as a barrage against the injustice was being thrown and could not be ignored.

Last edited:

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
negged

:what:

Who are these bum ass pseudo intellectual go against the grain to be different type negros? They been infesting this thread with pure drivel that makes no sense.

nikka speak for yourself. If you're an apathetic, selfish dude thats on you. Civic grassroots activism is what FORCED the state attorney to investigate Trayvon's murder and charge Zimmerman.

With your attitude we'd still be in chains. I swear this shyt never gets old. Glad I know where you bytchmade ass stands.

fukk outta here :pacspit:

plus i highly doubt you are fighting every injustice out there. Are you fighting against discrimination against latinos, discrimination against gays/lesbians, discrimination against jews?

You only fighting things that you think may affect you since your black hence your looking out for yourself which seems pretty selfish don't ya think? If you were white....there's a good chance your views on the Martin situation would be different as well as your response.

get off the high horse...since your morality is based on it happening to you and yours. I'm not a jew or related to any jews, but i'm not going to be racist towards them because my morality is universal.

Last edited:

J-Fire

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Those comments though. :snoop:

Why do white people feel the need to express their opinion about this?

race determines who is allowed to have an opinion....why does an opinion upset you? that's gotta be the dumbest thing I ever heard.

Guess my black ass can't comment on 1/2 the stuff that goes on in this country.....smh. you probably think I shouldn't have an opinion on mexicans crossing the border since i'm black. please!

Status
Not open for further replies.