Status
Not open for further replies.

Buggsy Mogues

My spot is solidified if you ask me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
City of Angels :blessed:
He got arrested AFTER people protested. You know....the protest that Kobes dumb ass needed facts for and used to hand out black progress lessons about as if it was wrong to protest

Are you retarded?

Did he say it was wrong to protest? You just making shyt up right now. Dude never made one peep either way about this until someone asked him about it, and he ALL he said was he didn't feel it's right to jump to the defense of something without knowing all the facts. He said NOTHING about this specific incident. Just a general statement that people shouldn't rush to back something they dont fully know about just based on race.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not true. The story was not the same. News coverage about Shooting of Trayvon Martin started as a short–lived, local news piece. The local news just reported story as a fight between two people in an area known for your occasional violence here and there. The news stories, at first didn’t have the racial undertones -- details such as the possibility of racial profiling. Such a story did not garner significant media attention. If I remember correctly it was Martin’s family lawyer who later introduced racial framing to the story.

I picked up on the Trayvon story before any media outlets. I saw Twitter users and small media outlets discuss the incident thereabouts too. For your imformation, that's how the big media outlets picked up the story, not that how the story got picked up somehow changes the poignancy of Trayvon's story, but that's how the transition happened. The racial framing was always there as the facts were reported as such from the outset. Racial profiling was the assumption well before Martin's family lawyer ever showed his face. You saying otherwise is patently false.

You’re building a straw man. I never asserted such a thing. I was just saying young “black” males fall to gun violence all the time but we don’t hear a blurb from the mainstream media.

This is essentially the argument you made and I refuted in my last post. I said that your argument is that "black men die all the time" and that because of this assumption, which is true for every group, Trayvon's story wasn't important enough to be singled out. And I explained, you are wrong. The media picked up on the story as the cops involved refused to arrest and people

The mainstream media didn't care about Trayvon Martin.

No kiddin, cacs and cac media doesn't care about Trayvon Martin. I don't need them to care. I need them to report the story.

You're telling me hat cacs and cac media doesn't care about Trayvon Martin? I know that, they don't

The mainstream media was just using the Shooting of Trayvon Martin to engineer it as propaganda meant to generate more racial hatred and divisiveness amongst the general public while boosting their ratings. You all keep arguing among yourselves while the mainstream media pushes divisive distracting news to keep the people from coming together.

The media works in its own interest, but that doesn't mean anything vis-a-vis the Trayvon's story legitimacy as a social justice topic. The Trayvon story should have been run so that people could see the miscarriage of justice he received at the hands of the courts and public. It doesn't matter if you think the story causes division; a serial killer's spree causes "division" too; Nazi uprisings "cause division". Should these events not be reported because you and your mother don't like it? The mainstream media is only my enemy when it does things that I don't like. I like that the media reported on this story, even if the cacs in the media tried their hardest to defend Zimmerman. Blaming the "media" for Trayvon's death and Zimmerman's exoneration, lionization and enrichment is ridiculous. The people at fault are Zimmerman and cacs. No one else.

Ron Mexico

Superstar
Daps
Did he say it was wrong to protest? You just making shyt up right now. Dude never made one peep either way about this until someone asked him about it, and he ALL he said was he didn't feel it's right to jump to the defense of something without knowing all the facts. He said NOTHING about this specific incident. Just a general statement that people shouldn't rush to back something they dont fully know about just based on race.
If someone asked him about it he could have simply said no comment.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why because he grew up speaking another language and didn't live in the ghetto?

Its funny watching dudes in here talking about how blacks were the only ones that had Kobe back. When some of the biggest Kobe haters back in 2004 I knew were black. Keep trying to re-write history.

Kobe is not the only black athlete to ever speak another language and grow up wealthy. I suppose wealth can insulate a person from racism to some extent but at some point one has to ignore it to pretend it doesn't exist. Tobe is a c00n because he's a c00n, and not for any other reason.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Yes...he did. An unarmed kid was shot and a shooter wAs walking free. No other facts were needed. People protested for the law to work when facts show that the law wasn't working. And that was Kobe's gateway to tell black people we are not progressing?

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
people hate to hear the truth

complain and cry about racism, constantly use it as a crutch and an excuse for failures... but act racist towards others brehs

:salute:my nikka bean

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
I hate when black folks use the term "colorblind":beli:

tumblr_m043d2h5ee1qgthmlc6.gif

King Poetic

Grandfather of….
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Sea