Status
Not open for further replies.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I don't think his background can be used to excuse his ignorance. There's plenty of black people who grew up privileged who still understand the realities of racial injustice, be it from experience and interaction of just observation and research or both.

If there's uppercrust ass white people who can understand the reality of racial injustice from an outsider's perspective even though they can't feel the full gravity of it from their experience, there's no reason why a black man with two black parents can't.

I won't even call Kobe a c00n, just naive and ignorant, as is anyone who simply appeals to the existence of a colorblind society (which is a good ideal in the abstract) as he did, while tacitly promoting racial oppression by sticking his head in the sand about it.

To give him a pass for ignorance because he grew up rich and removed from the experience of most black people is to basically say people are so myopic that they can't see the world outside themselves, and I don't think that's a standard we should hold people to. If anything, being a black man with the educational resources he has access to within his privileged role in society is all the more reason for him to be erudite on racial matters.

Basically. Him having to "know all the facts" is an extremely bullshyt excuse. :ld:

Savior

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
As a kobe/lakers fan he fukked up with this one....classic case of trying to sound to smart for your own good. Trying to play contrarian seeming like you're on some higher thinking shyt but just coming off as ignorant :ufdup:. When you got tea party fakkits cosigning, u know u just said some fukked up shyt :snoop:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Basically. Him having to "know all the facts" is an extremely bullshyt excuse. :ld:
Breh, why are people still re-posting his actual comments and debating the context like I didn't do that yesterday.... :smh:.

At this point we're repeating the same 4 comments over and over. However this GOP support :wow:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
As a kobe/lakers fan he fukked up with this one....classic case of trying to sound to smart for your own good. Trying to play contrarian seeming like you're on some higher thinking shyt but just coming off as ignorant :ufdup:. When you got tea party fakkits cosigning, u know u just said some fukked up shyt :snoop:

Yeah. He had a Cornel West, Tavis Smiley moment.

Yungin

Pro
Daps
I'm not defending Kobe at all. As big a fan add I am, he's wrong for what he said. But the interviewer never directly stated the question that he asked. That shyt bothers me. Especially when it comes to black athletes.

Look I agree with you that he was wrong. I just think that it was something he shouldn't have commented on.

I hate this kinda shyt. I really do. nikkas be too worried about being friends. But....

After Wade broke his nose during the All Star game awhile back, when they asked Kobe about it, he said he knew Wade meant nothing by it and that they were friends. Wade went as far as too echo that during the Christmas game.

Exactly. We don't even know what the question was to the answer that he gave yet its 40 something pages of nikkaz bashing :childplease:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t see the issue on what Kobe Bean Bryant said. Kobe Bean Bryant was just saying his approach to this whole Travon Martin thing was not based upon the quote, unquote 'racial prescriptions' instead it was based on an intellectual process. He just wanted to reserve judgment until all the facts were known. People that is called being objective.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
I don’t see the issue on what Kobe Bean Bryant said. Kobe Bean Bryant was just saying his approach to this whole Travon Martin thing was not based upon the quote, unquote 'racial prescriptions' instead it was based on an intellectual process. He just wanted to reserve judgment until all the facts were known. People that is called being objective.
Objective?

Dog...the protests were about a shooter of an unarmed teen not being arrested. Whats to be objective about?

That is universally WRONG!!

Status
Not open for further replies.