Kobe Bryant Was Not Impressed by the Miami Heat’s Trayvon Martin Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
I don't think his background can be used to excuse his ignorance. There's plenty of black people who grew up privileged who still understand the realities of racial injustice, be it from experience and interaction of just observation and research or both.

If there's uppercrust ass white people who can understand the reality of racial injustice from an outsider's perspective even though they can't feel the full gravity of it from their experience, there's no reason why a black man with two black parents can't.

I won't even call Kobe a c00n, just naive and ignorant, as is anyone who simply appeals to the existence of a colorblind society (which is a good ideal in the abstract) as he did, while tacitly promoting racial oppression by sticking his head in the sand about it.

To give him a pass for ignorance because he grew up rich and removed from the experience of most black people is to basically say people are so myopic that they can't see the world outside themselves, and I don't think that's a standard we should hold people to. If anything, being a black man with the educational resources he has access to within his privileged role in society is all the more reason for him to be erudite on racial matters.

I agree with everything you said, I don't think he should get a pass by any means but we also need to raise our standards and be more selective when we call people a c00n. This board has a difficult time explaining the complex issues within race in America so they just put a smiley with the word c00n beside it. It's embarrassing

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
tarledger/status/449159176691146752
I agree with everything you said, I don't think he should get a pass by any means but we also need to raise our standards and be more selective when we call people a c00n. This board has a difficult time explaining the complex issues within race in America so they just put a smiley with the word c00n beside it. It's embarrassing
I find Kobe more embarrassing and more of my focus

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think his background can be used to excuse his ignorance. There's plenty of black people who grew up privileged who still understand the realities of racial injustice, be it from experience and interaction of just observation and research or both.

If there's uppercrust ass white people who can understand the reality of racial injustice from an outsider's perspective even though they can't feel the full gravity of it from their experience, there's no reason why a black man with two black parents can't.

I won't even call Kobe a c00n, just naive and ignorant, as is anyone who simply appeals to the existence of a colorblind society (which is a good ideal in the abstract) as he did, while tacitly promoting racial oppression by sticking his head in the sand about it.

To give him a pass for ignorance because he grew up rich and removed from the experience of most black people is to basically say people are so myopic that they can't see the world outside themselves, and I don't think that's a standard we should hold people to. If anything, being a black man with the educational resources he has access to within his privileged role in society is all the more reason for him to be erudite on racial matters.

I agree. I don't think the c00n label is suitable here for kobe. As I said in my post in this thread, kobe's view of a colorless society is just ignorant of the ways of the world, and speaks of a sheltered life.

Lakerman0834

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
So I see African Americans are mad at Kobe for not blindly sticking up for them while other races appreciate the fact he likes to know the facts before coming to a conclusion.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL

This is a nonsensical post. Tobe Tyrant's comments are a perfect example of c00nery and your deflection won't obfuscate this act. If you want I'll debate you on this debate and destroy you. It's your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.