Kobe Bryant Was Not Impressed by the Miami Heat’s Trayvon Martin Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

really

All Star
Daps
"At the time I didn't want to make any gestures like that because I hadn't yet heard all the facts of the case. Knowing what I know now it's tragic what happened. But at that time I felt it would be irresponsible of me to just leap on a cause without knowing the details." :ehh:

Bro I agree 1,0000000000000000000000% this would've been the PERFECT way to answer it. If a perfect answer is 100 / 100, this is 110 / 100... It gets extra credit.

Only thing is bro, Kobe didn't have time to think about the question for a long time like we did and analyze it.. He was asked it off the cuff.

And, not that it's an excuse, but Kobe always wants to sound smart and intelligent... So he poured a little extra spice on it that probably wasn't needed at the time.

And if I'm going to be real and psycho analyze a little further, Kobe being the competitor that he is, probably got a LITTLE "offended" ( i don't really mean offended)... but he got a LITTLE put on his toes by the mention of Lebron's name, and someone even INSINUATING in the SLIGHTEST that Lebron did something he SHOULD'VE done.... So the natural competitive nature in Kobe just made him go a little overboard, so he could seem like the "smart one" and Lebron the "dumb one." (either that, and / or the Jim Brown comments were still in the back of his mind, and he was subconsciously defending himself from those comments)

Just think about it bro, you know Kobe like I know him....

All that said, after reading Kobe's comments, I really don't think the main point behind what he was saying was aimed at Trayvon... I think he was speaking in general, with a Trayvon example as the reference point. We need the entire interview for context, because what if the guy asked him other questions about race BEFORE he asked the Trayvon shyt? What if Jim Brown's comments got mentioned BEFORE the Trayvon question?

I'd love to hear Kobe's FULL THOUGHTS on the Trayvon Martin situation as it stands RIGHT NOW, NOT how it was after a heat photo 2 years ago.

As big a Kobe stan as I am, I was depressed for a week or 2 after the Trayvon verdict... I've never been that depressed after a Lakers loss.. So I'd never ride with Kobe in this situation if he's in the wrong.. At THIS TIME, I just don't see what he did too wrong bro.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
That's a cop out...

I'm "just an accountant"..We are ALL examples and have responsibilities to speak truth to power or help pull up others that didn't have the same opportunities we had..Kobe has an extreme high level of influence and you dismissing him as just a n1gga that can jump high and hit a fadeaway is disingenious...

Ali was "just an athlete"

dikk Greogory was "just a comedian"

Bob Marley was "just a singer"

I agree with you that we shouldn't expect more from them than we do from ourselves..But to just give him a pass as a jock is willfully ignoring his power....

That's the thing tho, that's ALL I expect from them. I don't see pass that.

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Im at work so the twitter is blocked I'm just looking on my phone so can't post the direct links...But just for example..People with Ronald Reagan avi's are saying they are FINALLY a fan of Kobe now..

Kobe +Respect

I'm sure all these people examined the facts before they decided Trayvon Martin deserved to be killed. Its only arush to judgement if you are black...

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
The full article can be found here: http://imgur.com/a/mwF3Q#7

Kobe talks about the Trayvon Martin case around page 8.
There's the quote in context, what a c00n picnic. So Tobe was perplexed, that Black basketball players would want to stand with Trayvon Martin. Now ya'll see why some of us got no respect for this man

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look for Tobe to become a keynote speaker at the 2016 GOP convention.
The way things are going, he'll get an invitation at least :russ:

Last edited:

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Here's the quote in full:

kobe+quote1.png

Full article is here (quote on page 8): http://imgur.com/a/mwF3Q#7

Brehs...

:snoop:

Last edited:

MsBigHead

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Jets
Tbh...Anything he says now will come off as damage control to me. He has been in the spotlight too long to make these kind of interview gaffes. That is how he really felt. Does it make him any less of a all player....fukk no......but off the court he is just another ignorant one-percenter :yeshrug:

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Kobe +Respect

I'm sure all these people examined the facts before they decided Trayvon Martin deserved to be killed. Its only arush to judgement if you are black...

this is disgusting...

:scusthov:

MsBigHead

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Jets
That's a cop out...

I'm "just an accountant"..We are ALL examples and have responsibilities to speak truth to power or help pull up others that didn't have the same opportunities we had..Kobe has an extreme high level of influence and you dismissing him as just a n1gga that can jump high and hit a fadeaway is disingenious...

Ali was "just an athlete"

dikk Greogory was "just a comedian"

Bob Marley was "just a singer"

I agree with you that we shouldn't expect more from them than we do from ourselves..But to just give him a pass as a jock is willfully ignoring his power....

A lot of his fans used to brag about: how worldly and intelligent he is :win: ; how he is the hood's favorite player :myman:; and about how he took that large contract extension because he is not a c00n for the white man :mjpls: . Now its he is just a player, who may be worldly, but doesn't know any better :skip:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
What's even more c00nish about this, is that we all know for fact, because it's on tape, that the police told Zimmerman not to follow Trayvon...it's on tape and Zimmerman said himself that the dispatcher told him to stay in the car because another officer is in route...so at the very base...you can make the argument that Martin was killed because ZImmerman didn't listen to the police...and yet Koonbe is going to say he didn't know the facts...

Koonbe didn't know the facts because Koonbe never made any attempt to learn them...

LOL at all the Republicacs rushing to Koonbe's aid now

You couldn't make this shyt up...

Status
Not open for further replies.