Kobe Bryant Was Not Impressed by the Miami Heat’s Trayvon Martin Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say. I thought it was pointless. At the end of the day, what did it accomplish? The same thing that my non involvement did. Nothing.

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
You have no idea what the interviewer asked him. If you read the actual article it was getting to a point about his role as one of the, if not the most popular African-American athletes in the world, and the interviewer brought up the Trayvon Martin thing....obviously to point out how he reacted vs. how MIA reacted. If he was smart he would've said nothing. Kobe Bryant never said that he was unimpressed by MIA's gesture. The interviewer said that he seemed nonplussed, and then followed it up with his quote without ever demonstrating what he was asked directly prior to it. So no he didn't wait a year, he was ASKED and he responded. Knowing Kobe he'll clean it up on twitter later, and not knowing Kobe, I'll have no idea if it's sincere. But moments like these on this board and Kobe's response makes me question society. Here we have an overreaction instead of a measured response, and Kobe gives a seemingly distanced response. I just hate discussions like these all around because it just becomes no more than a textual version of people screaming at each other in a town hall.

The loudest voices in here were the people who ignorantly hated him before when he did nothing when he came into the league except be the opposite of Iverson in presentation. He was nothing more than the typical suburban black kid who wanted to be down because AA culture is still defined by "the bottom" more often than not. But because of that he was "inauthentic" and hated. Anyone who is here arguing and says "this is why we hated him in HS or this why he was always a c00n" is better off not responding just like Kobe would've been better off shutting up. Your exposing your own ignorance and conceptions of what it means to be a "real" black man. Just critique his comments and leave it at that. He was wrong. That is it. See @Master Teacher below for exactly what I mean.

We actually agree because this isn't about context. We both think he should have stayed silent. If he wants to espouse his belief in one race and a bunch of other fairy tales , then he should have brought it up in a different context. It does not matter what he was asked, what he said was plain wrong. As for the personal attacks on him, I'm not engaging in that. My point is that his silence BACK THEN was based on faulty reasoning. Anybody who followed Trayvon's story would have known that it was clear bullshyt what happened to him even at the time the heat players took that picture. What I don't get is using such a backwards stupid rationale to explain his silence back then. Honestly, it's fukking infuriating considering Zimmerman is a free man right now. I don't care that he was silent back then. He should have been silent now or he should have condemned Zimmerman and the Florida laws now without trying retroactive justification.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
The masses are to preoccupied with the approach rather than the solution nowadays man.
I don't disagree with what your saying at all but you are no different just coming from the opposite side of it. I mean you don't want to tailor your message and they don't want to be less sensitive shyt something/someone has to switch it up or the message goes unheard most of the time. If I want someone to hear me while I agree people can be too sensitive at times I try to tailorthe message where they will listen and actually take it in. I mean you've never had somebody say anything to you that was the truth that they could have said differently?

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Context would be great, cuz the quote is just :wtf:.

Yup it's why I am not on the kobe is a c00n bandwagon in this thread. The quote looks like it came out of no where without context it's just too little info to make an accurate judgement. Haters are foaming at the mouth with this opportunity though.

ThaRebel

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
41st was the worsest turf on the earth...
Kobe stans keep tryin to bring up Jordan to take the heat off when ultimately the Jordan "no nikkas" shyt comes from not wantin to give an autograph to an already has been rapper who he prolly never even heard of while he just tryin to party. Sorry but not even close brehs. :patrice:

This is from somebody who actually developed a level of respect for Kobe over the last few years. shyt is a terrible look for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.