This nikka here

h201028BD
I was not expecting this shyt when I scrolled down
giphy.gif

Soundwave

No Known Weaknesses
Supporter
Daps
I donated to justice for trayvon, I've done volunteer work at the Boys & Girls club many times over, I coached a little girls (BLACK) basketball squad for free 2 summers ago, and much more what have you done?

Married to a Afro-Latina, yeah, not some pasty white Mexican bytch that hates her own face and gets surgery done. She's not a mestizo demon like Kobe's and unlike Kobe, she identifies herself as a black latina :mjpls:

:mjlol:

Carmelo Anthony likes Neon Genesis Evangelion? That's what's up.

:beli:

:lolbron:

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
says the cac

i'm a black man in america who has to worry about shyt like getting popped by potential zimmermans

you're a crusty faced canadian whose entire life revolves around stanning a man who wouldnt piss on you if you were on fire

don't speak on american affairs, fakkit

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
You have no idea what the interviewer asked him. If you read the actual article it was getting to a point about his role as one of the, if not the most popular African-American athletes in the world, and the interviewer brought up the Trayvon Martin thing....obviously to point out how he reacted vs. how MIA reacted. If he was smart he would've said nothing. Kobe Bryant never said that he was unimpressed by MIA's gesture. The interviewer said that he seemed nonplussed, and then followed it up with his quote without ever demonstrating what he was asked directly prior to it. So no he didn't wait a year, he was ASKED and he responded. Knowing Kobe he'll clean it up on twitter later, and not knowing Kobe, I'll have no idea if it's sincere. But moments like these on this board and Kobe's response makes me question society. Here we have an overreaction instead of a measured response, and Kobe gives a seemingly distanced response. I just hate discussions like these all around because it just becomes no more than a textual version of people screaming at each other in a town hall.

The loudest voices in here were the people who ignorantly hated him before when he did nothing when he came into the league except be the opposite of Iverson in presentation. He was nothing more than the typical suburban black kid who wanted to be down because AA culture is still defined by "the bottom" more often than not. But because of that he was "inauthentic" and hated. Anyone who is here arguing and says "this is why we hated him in HS or this why he was always a c00n" is better off not responding just like Kobe would've been better off shutting up. Your exposing your own ignorance and conceptions of what it means to be a "real" black man. Just critique his comments and leave it at that. He was wrong. That is it.

I would like to HEAR the interview of there is a recording

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I would like to HEAR the interview of there is a recording
Nope. It's a New Yorker article. But here is the relevant segment.

upload_2014-3-26_21-37-55.png
upload_2014-3-26_21-38-36.png
upload_2014-3-26_21-39-15.png

So from that it's obvious that he was asked something that prompted him to say that people always expect you to think one way just because you're an African-American athlete (that much is true). Then, when asked about the Trayvon thing (with none of us knowing how the question was asked)...he basically responds that he did not participate at the time because he was unaware of all of the facts and he didn't want to automatically rush to judgment just because the kid was black. Like I said earlier, given the facts at the time, his statement is just wrong. But ultimately it just reads as a guy defending himself from being labeled a sell out (and who is very sensitive to it obviously) just because he didn't make an outward act at the time. Prior to the hoodie people were questioning why LeBron was silent too. Yet the headline people are running with is "Kobe was unimpressed" where nowhere in there does he make any evaluation of that act. If he's guilty of anything, it's of pretending that being race-neutral will lead us towards a post-racial society....if this current presidency hasn't shown you that, then I don't know what will.

MsBigHead

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Jets
Hilarious....people know what he said and are still caping because he is their favorite player/plays for their team. :scusthov: Kind of funny since someone in here told me that people in the public eye have no influence over how he shapes his opinions :mjpls: @TheNig :lupe:

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Hilarious....people know what he said and are still caping because he is their favorite player/plays for their team. :scusthov: Kind of funny since someone in here told me that people in the public eye have no influence over how he shapes his opinions :mjpls: @TheNig :lupe:

So becuz I'm a fan, I'm influenced by what he thinks of the situation? :dahell:

Becuz I'm a fan, I believe what he believes about the situation?

Let me tell you a few things about me:

I gave blood, sweat, and tears to this self absorbed country only to find out that if you don't take advantage of the opportunities, they will find a way to fukk you.

I'm about the welfare of me and mines as well as the general welfare of my people. Everything I involved myself in, I invest in. That goes for this site as well as any podcast that I listen to.

With that said, I'm all about the progression of the black man. I chose to donate to the Trayvon cause becuz I FELT it was the right thing to do. Not becuz LeBron wore a fukking hoodie.

LeBron got 35 pts right now. That's all that matters to me. I don't give a fukk what he does when they get done playing the Pacers.

MsBigHead

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Jets
So becuz I'm a fan, I'm influenced by what he thinks of the situation? :dahell:

Becuz I'm a fan, I believe what he believes about the situation?

Let me tell you a few things about me:

I gave blood, sweat, and tears to this self absorbed country only to find out that if you don't take advantage of the opportunities, they will find a way to fukk you.

I'm about the welfare of me and mines as well as the general welfare of my people. Everything I involved myself in, I invest in. That goes for this site as well as any podcast that I listen to.

With that said, I'm all about the progression of the black man. I chose to donate to the Trayvon cause becuz I FELT it was the right thing to do. Not becuz LeBron wore a fukking hoodie.

LeBron got 35 pts right now. That's all that matters to me. I don't give a fukk what he does when they get done playing the Pacers.
That last part seems so out of place with the rest :russ:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Nope. It's a New Yorker article. But here is the relevant segment.

View attachment 1754 View attachment 1755 View attachment 1756

So from that it's obvious that he was asked something that prompted him to say that people always expect you to think one way just because you're an African-American athlete (that much is true). Then, when asked about the Trayvon thing (with none of us knowing how the question was asked)...he basically responds that he did not participate at the time because he was unaware of all of the facts and he didn't want to automatically rush to judgment just because the kid was black. Like I said earlier, given the facts at the time, his statement is just wrong. But ultimately it just reads as a guy defending himself from being labeled a sell out (and who is very sensitive to it obviously) just because he didn't make an outward act at the time. Prior to the hoodie people were questioning why LeBron was silent too. Yet the headline people are running with is "Kobe was unimpressed" where nowhere in there does he make any evaluation of that act. If he's guilty of anything, it's of pretending that being race-neutral will lead us towards a post-racial society....if this current presidency hasn't shown you that, then I don't know what will.
I hope all you dudes on here shyttin' on Kobe and calling him a c00n read that news article clipping. :ufdup:

Status
Not open for further replies.