Kobe Bryant Was Not Impressed by the Miami Heat’s Trayvon Martin Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thought the dumb c00n would learn after that cac ho set his ass up

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Hilarious....people know what he said and are still caping because he is their favorite player/plays for their team. :scusthov: Kind of funny since someone in here told me that people in the public eye have no influence over how he shapes his opinions :mjpls: @TheNig :lupe:
A lot of his fans on here are cacs and non black so don't expect much empathy regarding trayvon. They just worried about how this thread will effect their stanning card.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Nope. It's a New Yorker article. But here is the relevant segment.

View attachment 1754 View attachment 1755 View attachment 1756

So from that it's obvious that he was asked something that prompted him to say that people always expect you to think one way just because you're an African-American athlete (that much is true). Then, when asked about the Trayvon thing (with none of us knowing how the question was asked)...he basically responds that he did not participate at the time because he was unaware of all of the facts and he didn't want to automatically rush to judgment just because the kid was black. Like I said earlier, given the facts at the time, his statement is just wrong. But ultimately it just reads as a guy defending himself from being labeled a sell out (and who is very sensitive to it obviously) just because he didn't make an outward act at the time. Prior to the hoodie people were questioning why LeBron was silent too. Yet the headline people are running with is "Kobe was unimpressed" where nowhere in there does he make any evaluation of that act. If he's guilty of anything, it's of pretending that being race-neutral will lead us towards a post-racial society....if this current presidency hasn't shown you that, then I don't know what will.

That's my only real gripe with what he said and why I think it was ignorant. But your assessment makes sense, dude just used the facts shyt to explain why he himself didn't get involved or why he didn't co-sign the heats hoodie thing. Let me say this and I can't stress it enough, a lot of yall in this thread make yourselves sound like fukkin idiots misusing the word c00n and need to stop. Like the way yall say/use c00n on here is like somebody saying green is yellow. If you want to use massa's insults at least use em right. :rudy:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
international blacks are smarter and more successful than American blacks, even in the USA, so it's not a surprise Kobe would have an enlightened and more rational (better) opinion.

@Brooklynzson @bk
Why is this racist allowed to post here? He frequently makes off-color remarks about blacks.

really

All Star
Daps
Kobe didn't say anything wrong. Those lacking in intelligence may have a hard time understanding.:manny:

All he said was, if the world is about equality, then how can you jump to someone's defense just because they're black?

Same way if women are about equality, why would they jump to the defense of a woman in a situation (like his rape case, for instance) before hearing the facts?

Kobe went through some shyt personally where he got villified before the facts came out, so of course he would have a view on a deeper level than yall.

(With that said, the Heat Photo happened a few weeks after Trayvon died, he's saying he didn't assert himself THEN because there were no facts... He didn't say he feels George did nothing wrong in the situation now that all the facts HAVE been heard)

#successfulStanSpin:lolbron:

/thread

Last edited:

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kobe didn't say anything wrong. Those lacking in intelligence may have a hard time understanding.:manny:

All he said was, if the world is about equality, then how can you jump to someone's defense just because they're black?

Same way if women are about equality, why would they jump to the defense of a woman in a situation (like his rape case, for instance) before hearing the facts?

Kobe went through some shyt personally where he got villified before the facts came out, so of course he would have a view on a deeper level than yall.

(With that said, the Heat Photo happened a few weeks after Trayvon died, he's saying he didn't assert himself THEN because there were no facts... He didn't say he feels George did nothing wrong in the situation now that all the facts HAVE been heard)

/thread
nikkas don't care about logic or truth, just want to bytch about bullshyt. They claim to be against racism, but throw racial slurs all through the thread. a bunch of simpletons.

MsBigHead

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Jets
A lot of his fans on here are cacs and non black so don't expect much empathy regarding trayvon. They just worried about how this thread will effect their stanning card.

:snoop: you noticed that 2? I saw a few members calling him out and was like :ohhh: maybe they are not silly homosexuals after all.....but then on the 2nd or 3rd page one of their members (who i suspect is white) said they make LWO look weak because they were speaking the truth. Thats when alot of the excuses started. i didnt realize that some took internet cliques that seriously :yeshrug:

really

All Star
Daps
nikkas don't care about logic or truth, just want to bytch about bullshyt. They claim to be against racism, but throw racial slurs all through the thread. a bunch of simpletons.

Breh I saw a few pages back where you said "stop slandering that man" in reference to Zimmerman.

Please kill yourself and refrain from ever quoting me again... It aint that type of party.:ufdup:

All I said was Kobe didn't say anything wrong in the quote I just read... If on this day, Kobe feels Zimmerman did nothing wrong, fukk him too. But I don't think he said that.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh I saw a few pages back where you said "stop slandering that man" in reference to Zimmerman.

Please kill yourself and refrain from ever quoting me again... It aint that type of party.:ufdup:

All I said was Kobe didn't say anything wrong in the quote I just read... If on this day, Kobe feels Zimmerman did nothing wrong, fukk him too. But I don't think he said that.
nikka fukk you. I'll quote anybody I want to. Whether you folios like it or not. He was acquitted of murder. Calling him a murderer is slander.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

/thread
:heh:

You a clown

Status
Not open for further replies.