Kobe Bryant Was Not Impressed by the Miami Heat’s Trayvon Martin Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Kobe completely leapfrogged the history and track record this country has with unarmed blacks being killed by "threatened" non black shooters to a come to a race neutral conclusion.

And the fact that he chose to dumb down blacks backing Trayvon "solely" because he's black and not because of that history shows his elitist thinking, believing he's outside "those" kind of blacks.

Oroko Saki

The Shredder
Daps
The Goats right but the Trayvon Martin case is a bad example. He must not know the details about it...Its safe to say Kobe doesnt watch the news. Hes a smart man, people get depressed watchin the news everyday. Kobe :noah:

Yungin

Pro
Daps
Them neo negores lost in the sauce, I really shouldn't be surprised I always separated the square Kobe from basketball Kobe. I'm really just offended, that's why I hate them new age post racial nikkaz. Malcolm told me about bamas like this. :dry:

:what:call me crazy but I don't get what the big deal is about what he said...all he said in his quote waz that you should know the facts of what happen before coming to somebody's defense and that you shouldn't come to their defense just becuz their black. Which is true. Becuz a lot of people were wearing hoodies and acting outraged and didn't even know what the fukk really happened. they just knew it was a white guy that killed a black kid wearing a hoodie. And of course he is referring to before all the facts and evidence came out. So I don't get it...

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's why you were on that "they" shyt trying to chum up with a niqqa who wanted no parts of your argument.

You that lonely niqqa?
They which includes you, don't care about logic, facts or the truth. You just like to spout bullshyt. You 47 years old, when are you going to grow up?

NYC Rebel

Daps
:what:call me crazy but I don't get what the big deal is about what he said...all he said in his quote waz that you should know the facts of what happen before coming to somebody's defense and that you shouldn't come to their defense just becuz their black. Which is true. Becuz a lot of people were wearing hoodies and acting outraged and didn't even know what the fukk really happened. they just knew it was a white guy that killed a black kid wearing a hoodie. And of course he is referring to before all the facts and evidence came out. So I don't get it...
But a lot of people did know what happened, have history on their side and came to that conclusion.

Why don't THEY count in your shytty attempt to dismiss people as know nothing's?

when Kobe was asked after Jim Brown comments to make a pointed....POINTED effort to address something specific to black problems, he responded by saying "why only blacks?" Do people react like that towards women initiatives saying "why only women?" Dude is on that race neutral bullshyt to a fault. Certain things require pointed solutions and this niqqa proves time and time again that if it's "black" he ain't touching it unless it's diluted and comes with a we are the world soundtrack

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
But a lot of people did know what happened, have history on their side and came to that conclusion.

Why don't THEY count in your shytty attempt to dismiss people as know nothing's?

when Kobe was asked after Jim Brown comments to make a pointed....POINTED effort to address something specific to black problems, he responded by saying "why only blacks?" Do people react like that towards women initiatives saying "why only women?" Dude is on that race neutral bullshyt to a fault. Certain things require pointed solutions and this niqqa proves time and time again that if it's "black" he ain't touching it unless it's diluted and comes with a we are the world soundtrack

True enough. But Kobe didn't know. Doesn't have that history on his side and his conclusion is that of neutrality. If anything, fault him for his ignorance.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Are you niglets supporting Kobe? Well, you ain't a niglet, you just an old niggger. Are you? Nope, but he's supposed to support some fukk shyt just because? A bunvh of little niglets got killed today, where's the outrage? Why is it only an outrage when a non black kills a black?

NYC Rebel

Daps
True enough. But Kobe didn't know. Doesn't have that history on his side and his conclusion is that of neutrality. If anything, fault him for his ignorance.
Which is what Jim did in calling him culturally ignorant

:mjpls:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…

The quote below me basically summed it up better than I can, and it has the quotes for context. It's not a big deal in that it don't affect nobody you right, but what he said was ignorant which is ironic given that he was talking about facts plus I gotta disagree with you a lot of people knew what happened to Trayvon by the time the heats made that hoodie pic which is what makes what he said stupid as shyt. He's absolutely right that you should know the facts no doubt, and he's also right that you shouldn't just jump to defend somebody because they black you gotta know the facts first. But it don't take much to get the facts, even when everybody wanted to get on a hoodie wave the facts were out there for awhile at that point so it's not like he couldn't have just looked at em for himself I mean he'll take time out to tweet shyt tho. Just seemed more like he wanted to throw salt and look like above the curve by talkin bout facts and scoffing at some petty social media meme. But yeah, dude still my favorite player this comment don't change that but it was ill advised because he's talkin about facts but was willingly ignorant to them when they were out there for over a month.

Nope. It's a New Yorker article. But here is the relevant segment.

View attachment 1754 View attachment 1755 View attachment 1756

So from that it's obvious that he was asked something that prompted him to say that people always expect you to think one way just because you're an African-American athlete (that much is true). Then, when asked about the Trayvon thing (with none of us knowing how the question was asked)...he basically responds that he did not participate at the time because he was unaware of all of the facts and he didn't want to automatically rush to judgment just because the kid was black. Like I said earlier, given the facts at the time, his statement is just wrong. But ultimately it just reads as a guy defending himself from being labeled a sell out (and who is very sensitive to it obviously) just because he didn't make an outward act at the time. Prior to the hoodie people were questioning why LeBron was silent too. Yet the headline people are running with is "Kobe was unimpressed" where nowhere in there does he make any evaluation of that act. If he's guilty of anything, it's of pretending that being race-neutral will lead us towards a post-racial society....if this current presidency hasn't shown you that, then I don't know what will.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Are you niglets supporting Kobe? Well, you ain't a niglet, you just an old niggger. Are you? Nope, but he's supposed to support some fukk shyt just because? A bunvh of little niglets got killed today, where's the outrage? Why is it only an outrage when a non black kills a black?
So because people die of many diseases today, a woman shouldn't have an initiative to fight breast cancer , right?

Status
Not open for further replies.