Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was a kid breh.

An unarmed kid was murdered because he was walking in a neighborhood "he shouldnt have been". We cant use the "nikkas die everyday b" slogan on this one:wow:
Lmao! This shyt really happens everyday in the black community. The murder is usually another black male, but that's all good right?

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Though, I really believe this is a another case of building a huge narrative off of a small quote (out of context, also, he didn't say he wasn't impressed), I understand how it comes off

I gotta read the whole article, doe

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I think some of you are missing the point and forgetting what happened. Besides the horrendous murder of a teen, what really made the story become a Civil Rights story was that the police fukkED up and didn't even try to properly investigate the situation. It took 45 days for the man to be charged after PUBLIC outrage and pleas. It was a time that celebrities shining light on the situation helped bring attention to the matter.

To make it clear, I'm not defending Kobe on this one, it's a stupid statement. but I'm pointing out that we shouldn't be looking at these athletes and entertainers for the stance they do or don't take on social issues. I'm disgusted when I watch NBA games with adds for the Navy all up in it or commentators/players supporting the troops bombing kids in Iraq and Afghanistan. But I don't take their opinions seriously.

Now, the point is, what did other Black celebrities/leaders REALLY do for Martin's family? Did someone pay for legal fees? Stage a boycott? Refuse to play? Anyone? Bringing attention to the matter was great, but in the end what did it change? Nothing, like those teenagers during the KONY 2012 bs a couple years back...

I donated to justice for trayvon, I've done volunteer work at the Boys & Girls club many times over, I coached a little girls (BLACK) basketball squad for free 2 summers ago, and much more what have you done?

This is what I'm talking about, but how many celebrities with far more means than you have donated?

King Poetic

Grandfather of….
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Black Sea
and this nikka kobe supposed to be around a true gawd like kareem but has no idea whats going on in the world :snoop:

u know why kobe said it?? because he's going the business route and dont want to hurt your :mjpls: crowd..

money over your own.. sad thing is hes not the only one

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
This is what I'm talking about, but how many celebrities with far more means than you have donated?

:yeshrug: Most celebrities and rich people in general are sacks of shyt only concerned with themselves. I am what you'd call a bleeding heart, if I had more I'd give more.

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
apecompare.jpg

False equivalence?

LEbron represents Germans?

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lebron and Wade are also worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and yet they were able to support the Trayvon Martin cause and the collective consciousness of black america, while Kobe chose to occupy a different space on the issue. You're twisting yourself in a pretzel trying to create your own reality here.

:yes: Yay, LeBron he sure showed'em by dressing up in hoodies. What a hero

acbjr22

110er Gang
Daps
Kobe been a bytch! This ain't nothing new. Fake ass p*ssy boi! Never respected dude and I never will

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He was tricked by the Devil, many of our ancestors fell for their devious ploys :yeshrug:

On the flipside, Kobe is saying he doesn't care if you're an unarmed black man and a white man guns you down, he needs to see the facts :russ: Defend Italian c00ns, brehs.

The case wasn't that simple. If it was, it would've been open and shut. Either way, he should've gotten manslaughter but he didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.