Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

JordanWearinThe45

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
zggiign3s0e41.jpg
Now THIS is a mural! :wow:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dam it’s a shame he was beefing with his parents. I feel like Kobe was wrong in that situation to man this sucks for them the most. I hope his parents find peace.

they were petty enough not to show up @ his wedding (one of the most important days of his life) bcuz they didn’t like his choice in vanessa...a woman who would go on to be the mother of 4 of his kids...they were entitled to feel w/e way about her but to not show up @ all was low...I would’ve shunned them too...unfortunately the relationship got worse after that...but I’ve read a lot of stories that said he was able to reconcile w/ his dad

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

I have never seen this in 20 years, he gives a little background of his life..reminds me of day 1 class introductions

King Virgo....

if I had this focus at OU...no question I would have easily gone pro. :mjcry:

this dude is the most focused athlete Ive ever seen.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
they were petty enough not to show up @ his wedding (one of the most important days of his life) bcuz they didn’t like his choice in vanessa...a woman who would go on to be the mother of 4 of his kids...they were entitled to feel w/e way about her but to not show up @ all was low...I would’ve shunned them too...unfortunately the relationship got worse after that...but I’ve read a lot of stories that said he was able to reconcile w/ his dad

Again none of us know stuff behind the scenes breh. Just because of the gossip you hear in public, Kobe was a very private person in his family life. For all we know he was texting and talking to his mom all the time

Daps
Reppin
NULL
God is infinite in his wisdom, and infinite in his capabilities. Capable of things that you can scarcely begin to imagine. If your mind can comprehend it, it is laughable to think that God could not.

This material existence, this maya, is illusory in nature. And quantum theory has begun to speculate that it's unique to the viewer--meaning your experience is different than mine. Your timeline branches and diverges in such a way so as to give to you the experience that you came to have. Unique from mine. Unique from Kobe's.

In Kobe's life, his helicopter cleared that mountain, touched down, and he coached his daughter's game. In Kobe's life, he has more work to do, and will continue doing it for eternity, endlessly. Until he remembers his nature and begins again, when he is ready.
In yours, that helicopter crashed, and you feel an emptiness for another soul--you feel your heart torn in two for Vanessa and her daughters. You feel love for a human you've never met. You feel, maybe, the most important emotion of your life, a feeling that could change the world, end hunger, end wars, and let you enter the kingdom of heaven in a state of enlightenment that all of the saints would praise you for. THAT is the power of God, to teach lessons in ways that are for you, as a learner, hard to understand at first, but can take root in your heart and bear fruit so bountiful down the road that you could cry in joy for the harvest today, although you can be forgiven for mistaking them for tears of sorrow.

Grieve for the abrupt end to the story, grieve for the loss of your joy, grieve for a million different reasons. But find strength in your faith brother. Because if there is one thing I can tell you for certain about this life: it is not without cause.
161t2o.gif