Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Idk why I do this to myself by checking into this thread still. It's like I'm waiting for this to somehow not be true. Like let's end this nightmare already. I'm obsessed. It's my disbelief making me so obsessed.

How do you even accept something like this??? Like of all people, Kobe???? Kobe is not supposed to die. Not yet. And definitely not like that.

Same man...it’s like accepting this is accepting our own inevitability and having to accept that it could happen at any time anywhere...

like someone else posted, it’s like if Superman died or something.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
God is infinite in his wisdom, and infinite in his capabilities. Capable of things that you can scarcely begin to imagine. If your mind can comprehend it, it is laughable to think that God could not.

This material existence, this maya, is illusory in nature. And quantum theory has begun to speculate that it's unique to the viewer--meaning your experience is different than mine. Your timeline branches and diverges in such a way so as to give to you the experience that you came to have. Unique from mine. Unique from Kobe's.

In Kobe's life, his helicopter cleared that mountain, touched down, and he coached his daughter's game. In Kobe's life, he has more work to do, and will continue doing it for eternity, endlessly. Until he remembers his nature and begins again, when he is ready.
In yours, that helicopter crashed, and you feel an emptiness for another soul--you feel your heart torn in two for Vanessa and her daughters. You feel love for a human you've never met. You feel, maybe, the most important emotion of your life, a feeling that could change the world, end hunger, end wars, and let you enter the kingdom of heaven in a state of enlightenment that all of the saints would praise you for. THAT is the power of God, to teach lessons in ways that are for you, as a learner, hard to understand at first, but can take root in your heart and bear fruit so bountiful down the road that you could cry in joy for the harvest today, although you can be forgiven for mistaking them for tears of sorrow.

Grieve for the abrupt end to the story, grieve for the loss of your joy, grieve for a million different reasons. But find strength in your faith brother. Because if there is one thing I can tell you for certain about this life: it is not without cause.
:whew:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
I just learned that Kobe's favorite color was green. I just randomly wondered what it was since everyone's doing purple and gold tributes everywhere for him.

But with his final trip to Boston looming, Kobe Bryant decided to reveal an unusual fact about himself: His favorite color is green (via ESPN.com):

“It’s actually my favorite color,” Bryant said. “I don’t have green clothes. It’s tough to pull that off. [Former Lakers guard] Jerry [West] won’t even wear green drawers. He and I have talked about this before. He’s just allergic to green. It’s been my favorite color forever. I’m fine with green.”

How is that possible? How could arguably the most famous and successful Laker of all-time — a man who’s said he literally bleeds purple and gold — love the color of his archenemy?

"I’ve always loved it," Bryant said. "It’s a little weird, isn’t it?"

A few days earlier, Bryant said there was something "different" about the Celtics’ green, that it "glows."

"There’s something about that [Celtics] green," Bryant told ESPN.com. "It’s a different green than any other green that’s in the world. It’s weird. It’s like that green glows. So I’m looking forward to competing there and being in that environment one more time."

Kobe reveals his Celtics-themed favorite color before last Boston game

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
zggiign3s0e41.jpg

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
This I admit is a white people thing but when one of their heroes goes away just watch the tone change.

One of my friends who served in the Marines even called a bunch of people out on Facebook for throwing the military into this whole "But what about veterans?" thing:

"This is exactly how some of y’all sound. Just because someone else (other than military) dies and gets attention... let them have it for goodness sakes. Plenty of people (other than military)die daily. Police, firefighters, cancer patients, it happens to everyone eventually. I guess it just gets under my skin a little. Yes military members are hero’s, but so was KOBE, so were the other people that passed away in that accident, let everyone else grieve. As a veteran it’s just kinda dumb to me."

82382165_10158683779355695_6102019604052180992_n.jpg

I almost replied to his post with Dap+Rep, but then I realized it was Facebook. TheColi habits follow me everywhere. :lolbron:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I wonder if it’s all stores or just select LA spots...incredible gesture nonetheless...I would get one on my nets hat

*edit*

from the comments they are doing this in multiple cities across the nation...just gotta call in to be sure

take it w/ a grain of salt but I’m reading some locations are now charging $10...the free offer may have been limited...if they’re doing it out here tho I wouldn’t mind paying the $10...it’s a cool way to pay tribute

Last edited:

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I have never seen this in 20 years, he gives a little background of his life..reminds me of day 1 class introductions

Extremely mature at that age. At 17 most of us were just fukkin around. Also very interesting to hear about his parents and the change throughout the years. Also Kobe aged incredibly well he looks damn near the same throughout