Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
EPj1phhW4AAGENm

:russ:
Uncanny

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
So I been doing a little bit of thinking. This isn't any type of comparison or anything like that so don't take this as me comparing the two.

The only sports death that I can think of that's somewhat similar to this was the death of Dale Earnhardt. He didn't have the global impact that Kobe did and NASCAR isn't a global sport but that's neither here nor there. I just remember how shocked everyone was and how surreal it was to hear that Dale Earnhardt had passed. They both passed doing things that they've done countless times in their lives. Earnhardt hitting the wall in what seemed like a harmless crash and hours later, he's dead. Same with Kobe. That man took countless helicopter flights and Sunday was the last one he and everyone else would ever take.

This shyt is just crazy brehs. :mjcry:

I was watching that race and I remember not thinking there was anything special or strange about the crash. I switched channels to watch something else, and a couple hours later I happen to come across Fox and they're still doing race coverage but talking in real somber voices. When they said that Earnhardt had died I was like "from THAT?!?" I heard someone explain later on that those craves are much worse cause all the energy is within the car unlike when it flips or something; at that by all the energy from the wreck is being dissipated outward instead of staying inside.

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Does anyone have the original of the Kobe Gigi picture with halos over their head? Like straight from the artist?

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm assuming there is a task force within LA County PD and medical examiners office working around the clock to make sure all of the them don't get a delayed funeral and as much remains recovered

Last edited:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
If you're just a big basketball fan then you feel like you lost a big part of yourself.
I cant even imagine how Kobe stans or Laker fans feel.

It hit me HARD and every other person I know felt the same or close. My friend shed tears and he’s not a Lakers fan. Mom shed some tears. Been LWO since ‘94. I believed the hype when Kobe came; I just knew he was special.

Even though there were so many games I was able to watch I wish I saw them all because there was a time when I stopped watching b-ball for 3-4 years.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Folks too shook to admit how much of a crapshoot this shyt can really be.
No doubt. It shouldn't take a tragedy like this to remind us that all we ever truly have is this moment. Ain't a damn thing guaranteed. Spread love to those you're lucky enough to have in your life while you're all still here.

RIP Kobe man. Still can't believe it. Honestly I'm not even grieving yet because I'm still in the shock and disbelief phase. It doesn't feel real yet, even though I've watched tons of videos and read tons of articles.