Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
my mom, who is a HUGE kobe fan , made the point of how kobe's retirement was so anti-climatic despite his 60 pt game
She always felt his retirement was not big enough because she said "a living legend is retiring and no one cares"
She believed Kobe's greatness, personality, and mindset was not appreciated and celebrated enough when he was alive
I agree

I agree also. But what I learned in all these years is that excellence is threatening. Or rather, someone that’s truly dedicated to excellence and not just talkin shyt is threatening. Because that person’s example challenges you, makes you less comfortable with being mediocre.

It’s easier to hate on someone like that and dismiss them as caring too much or as being square because they don’t spend more time doing things that don’t really mean shyt.

Of course this ain’t the only reason why people hated on Kobe. But I always felt it was one of them.

Daps
I agree also. But what I learned in all these years is that excellence is threatening. Or rather, someone that’s truly dedicated to excellence and not just talkin shyt is threatening. Because that person’s example challenges you, makes you less comfortable with being mediocre.

It’s easier to hate on someone like that and dismiss them as caring too much or as being square because they don’t spend more time doing things that don’t really mean shyt.

Of course this ain’t the only reason why people hated on Kobe. But I always felt it was one of them.
the way I see it, if you are already mediocre, you already put a certain amount work to be at that level which means you have to and are CAPABLE of putting in more work to reach another level
That what I got out of Kobe's Mamba Mentality
Don't underestimate the levels you can reach when you actually put in effort to improve from whatever level you're currently at
In other words, Kobe's excellence when viewed from the right perspective is inspiring not threatening
I know corny as fukk but I'm trying to find some inspiration and positive energy in all this :mjcry:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
the way I see it, if you are already mediocre, you already put a certain amount work to be at that level which means you have to and are CAPABLE of putting in more work to reach another level
That what I got out of Kobe's Mamba Mentality
Don't underestimate the levels you can reach when you actually put in effort to improve from whatever level you're currently at
I know corny as fukk but I'm trying to find some inspiration and positive energy in all this :mjcry:

It’s not corny it’s true. It’s the common ingredient for all the true legends and icons.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
So I been doing a little bit of thinking. This isn't any type of comparison or anything like that so don't take this as me comparing the two.

The only sports death that I can think of that's somewhat similar to this was the death of Dale Earnhardt. He didn't have the global impact that Kobe did and NASCAR isn't a global sport but that's neither here nor there. I just remember how shocked everyone was and how surreal it was to hear that Dale Earnhardt had passed. They both passed doing things that they've done countless times in their lives. Earnhardt hitting the wall in what seemed like a harmless crash and hours later, he's dead. Same with Kobe. That man took countless helicopter flights and Sunday was the last one he and everyone else would ever take.

This shyt is just crazy brehs. :mjcry:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
my mom, who is a HUGE kobe fan , made the point of how kobe's retirement was so anti-climatic despite his 60 pt game
She always felt his retirement was not big enough because she said "a living legend is retiring and no one cares"
She believed Kobe's greatness, personality, and mindset was not appreciated and celebrated enough when he was alive
I agree
I think it wasn’t that big cause he didn’t retire at a height, he retired old and kinda broken a lil bit. His final season he was getting killed by the media for having a down year and having horrible numbers until Kd came out and shytted on the media. He was barely playing, unlike say mj when he retired as a champ, when he came back nobody expected him to be anything more then a old man. I think we all expected Kobe to shake and have a real last season.

Kobe, kg, Dirk and pierce retirement all wasn’t as good as it shoulda been. Kobe one was good as it possibly be imo. Literally the team facing the lakers would have everyone showing just to see Kobe last game, he literally was going on a tour.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
84743243_2871461619577297_8827592466975686656_o.jpg
Only two living public figures I counted as my role models were Kobe and Obama. That's it.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

he’s right. This is a fukking nightmare.

don’t wanna hear any made up silver lining or how they’re in a “better place”. fukk that. Don’t wanna hear the Jesus freaks talk about it was “their time”. Folks too shook to admit how much of a crapshoot this shyt can really be.

Last edited: