Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
No doubt. It shouldn't take a tragedy like this to remind us that all we ever truly have is this moment. Ain't a damn thing guaranteed. Spread love to those you're lucky enough to have in your life while you're all still here.

RIP Kobe man. Still can't believe it. Honestly I'm not even grieving yet because I'm still in the shock and disbelief phase. It doesn't feel real yet, even though I've watched tons of videos and read tons of articles.

it sucks it sucks it sucks, but you know what it did remind me. I'm actually going on vacation with my mom been putting it off for years, and im going to go visit my great grandma in jamaica whose 94 and I haven't seen in 15 years :snoop: Can't keep putting things off

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
he’s right. This is a fukking nightmare.

don’t wanna hear any made up silver lining or how they’re in a “better place”. fukk that. Don’t wanna hear the Jesus freaks talk about it was “their time”. Folks too shook to admit how much of a crapshoot this shyt can really be.
Man get outta here with this self pity incel bullshyt :mjlol:.....just cause your lame ass hates life don’t try to spread that negative shyt to everybody else.

None of us have any clue what all this shyt is. I definitely don’t believe some man in the sky created this shyt in 7 days. And I also don’t believe that everything happened because of some big explosion. Whatever it is, it’s way beyond our comprehension. There could be something better after. There could be something worse. There could be nothing at all. Either way, you have no idea. Nobody does. But you a lame trying to come in here with that morbid shyt just cause you prolly been an ugly loser your whole life. Death is a natural part of this existence. Get over it.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't know why I ventured over to yahoo comments. Silly of me to expect some of these cacs to show their human side or some common decency for once. Just some really nasty comments about Kob. Black folks literally(ALL OF US) cannot have any slip-ups or its held against you forever even death. Unreal.

Last edited:

Yungin

Pro
Daps
Beautiful words, it’s crazy to think the Lakers wouldn’t even be in its current form without Kobe. He set everything in motion. During that time of change I used to jokingly say he was doing his heavenly deeds as a basketball gawd. Now it ain’t a joke anymore....

:mjcry:

Daps
Man get outta here with this self pity incel bullshyt :mjlol:.....just cause your lame ass hates life don’t try to spread that negative shyt to everybody else.

None of us have any clue what all this shyt is. I definitely don’t believe some man in the sky created this shyt in 7 days. And I also don’t believe that everything happened because of some big explosion. Whatever it is, it’s way beyond our comprehension. There could be something better after. There could be something worse. There could be nothing at all. Either way, you have no idea. Nobody does. But you a lame trying to come in here with that morbid shyt just cause you prolly been an ugly loser your whole life. Death is a natural part of this existence. Get over it.
:mjlol:
The irony is you are spreading the negative energy you are complaining about

Last edited:
Daps
These people asking "Why do people care when a rich celebrity dies?" get me borderline heated. We care because we connect to these public figures. They each touch us for some personal reason, we root for them, we believe in them, and we're inspired by them.
This I admit is a white people thing but when one of their heroes goes away just watch the tone change.

Big Boda

My Family Are Not Immigrants.
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
400 Year Survivors Of American Slavery.
I’m coming home from work at 3:30am

we miss u mamba was on a electronic billboard

that shyt made me smile

Detroit loves Kobe

real talk I was rooting against kobe and the lakers when Detroit Pistons won the finals in 2004 I looked at him as a human cheat code like its not even a fair game if the other team have him type shyt...I never thought he would be gone like this. Never

He's older than me and I thought he'd outlive me. I took him being around for granted you just do not see legendary athletes going out like this with his baby too?? Really? man this shyt don't make no sense.

FAA looking bad out here having helicopters with no black boxes or recording tech built in or TAWS built in before Kobe bought the services its god damn 2020 and he was able to board one without those safety features bytch???

sue the fukk out the FAA and whoever the pilot represented if he wasn't an independant contractor.

Crack Daniels

Under New Management
Daps
For basketball fans, nothing quite like this has happened before. When a beloved actor or musician dies suddenly, part of the pain comes from the “oh God, not again” sensation, the history-repeats-itself aspect. It’s the ache of pattern recognition: We’ve lost great actors and musicians prematurely too many times before. In this case, though, there’s no pattern, and if many of us feel a little lost this week, it’s because we’re actually lost. We’re grieving without a template. (When Prince died, you could go in your room and blast “Purple Rain.” What are you supposed to do now, stream NBA highlights?) We’re coming to terms not just with the knowledge that this has happened, but that it could happen—that killing Kobe Bryant was something the world was allowed to do.

That perfectly summed up the way I’ve been feeling. I been trying my hardest to understand why this hit me so hard and it finally makes sense now. The full article is great though, I hope it brings y’all some clarity as well.

Kobe Always Showed His Work. So We Have to in Remembering Him, Too.