Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Toxic ass basketball stan war culture needs to fukking die. Worst shyt in sports. Niqqas don’t appreciate the present when on that bullshyt.

shyt is trash
Basketball stan wars are toxic, I think its mainly because basketball has promoted superstars more than other team sports. Its been a marketing trap for the longest time. People hated Peyton, Brady, Richard Sherman, Moss, Baker Mayfield, TO, damn near every mobile QB. But you are correct, it doesn't rise to the toxic level of NBA superstar hate. (Curry, Kyrie, Bron, Kobe, MJ, Dwight, KD, Harden) get more hate that any star QB I can remember. You don't usually hear personal chants in NFL, MLB stadiums directed at individual players like basketball. I'm not saying it never happened in other sports but not nearly as much as NBA.

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Some of yalls hate was overboard. Calling him a rapist and shyt. Clowning the fact that he didn’t have a son and laughing about it. Ima let y’all cook with the sorrow then ima make a thread and put y’all accounts on blast.

no need to try and delete, I have the receipts

I agree.

The timing of the death is crazy as well. LeBron passed him on the all-time scoring list and the haters were getting their hot takes off. Meanwhile LeBron and Kobe congratulated and saluted each other. The same haters less than 24 hours later would eulogize Kobe like they were always his fan.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Had @Wacky D in here talking about Kyrie can only learn with a fukking bullet. A fukking bullet. I went off. Then two days later, we find out coli member Cham was murdered with one. Do niqqas hear themselves?

NBA talk is trash. Then when you try to address, @CHICAGO bushes the thread.

I can’t do it. I simply can’t. shyt needs to end
NBA is my favorite sport and the one I'm most knowledgeable about. But it's my least favorite sport to discuss on this forum. Most folks are too obsessed with being right or promoting an agenda. NFL and Baseball fans on here have more respect for their greats and legends. There isn't the obsession with the cross generational comparisons

NFL Fans will never make a topic like "Ryan Tannelhill is Better Than Terry Bradshaw" and let it go on for thousands of posts. But that started become the norm for NBA discussions, so I tapped out.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Basketball stan wars are toxic, I think its mainly because basketball has promoted superstars more than other team sports. Its been a marketing trap for the longest time. People hated Peyton, Brady, Richard Sherman, Moss, Baker Mayfield, TO, damn near every mobile QB. But you are correct, it doesn't rise to the toxic level of NBA superstar hate. (Curry, Kyrie, Bron, Kobe, MJ, Dwight, KD, Harden) get more hate that any star QB I can remember. You don't usually hear personal chants in NFL, MLB stadiums directed at individual players like basketball. I'm not saying it never happened in other sports but not nearly as much as NBA.
Breh...I'm a Jets fan. We hate the Pats. Do you REALLY think we hate Brady to the degree Kobe/Bron fans went at each other? First of all...it's Brady vs. who? Baker vs. who? Dudes aren't debating and tearing down one contemporary to build up the other. That is pure NBA garbage. Kill that man. When NFL players are hated its by what they may have said or done to earn it, not because another player is encroaching on the love they receive so folks have to chop them down. That's pure NBA fan garbage. It needs to die, period

Yessir_Araphat

takin money>>gettin money
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
N/S Long Beach
The hate for all these athletes low key comes from them being black tbh

The media trains us to hate them

That, and when an athlete (especially black) does things on their own terms or is in a position to call the shots, and not have to depend on cacs. Pretty much having power

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
If you said something about Kobe in the past that you feel uncomfortable saying now that he's gone, you were a part of the problem all along.
If you said something about Bron in the past that you'd feel uncomfortable saying if he suddenly leaves, you were a part of the problem all along.
If you said something about Dwight clown ass Howard in the past that you'd feel uncomfortable saying if he suddenly leaves, you were a part of the problem all along.
If you said something about CP3 in the past that you'd feel uncomfortable saying if he suddenly leaves, you were a part of the problem all along.

Examine gatdayum self.

I'm happy I can look back with integrity at what I said about these athletes. Nothing to take back. We are privledged to watch them.

This.

And this is why Nick Wright is fake as fukk. He's saying sorry about not appreciating Kobe, but doing the same shyt to Kawhi.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
My brother and I are huge Kobe stans and have been taking this extremely tough. One of the main things that bothers us is that NOW Kobe is getting the universal praise and adoration he should have received while he was with us. :mjcry:

He was never hated like his biggest stans thought he was. He has been getting this treatment.

Pre-Colorado, the media was amazing to him but the players didn’t really seem to fukk with him.

From 2003-2008, he got his first hate from the media for the fallout with Shaq, Colorado, losing the 3-1 lead, demanding a trade etc., but his individual scoring peaked during that time and he was regularly celebrated for all of that. That was the only time when he was really polarizing.

From 2008-now, the players have been on his side and the media has treated him like a king.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
If you said something about Kobe in the past that you feel uncomfortable saying now that he's gone, you were a part of the problem all along.
If you said something about Bron in the past that you'd feel uncomfortable saying if he suddenly leaves, you were a part of the problem all along.
If you said something about Dwight clown ass Howard in the past that you'd feel uncomfortable saying if he suddenly leaves, you were a part of the problem all along.
If you said something about CP3 in the past that you'd feel uncomfortable saying if he suddenly leaves, you were a part of the problem all along.

Examine gatdayum self.

I'm happy I can look back with integrity at what I said about these athletes. Nothing to take back. We are privledged to watch them.

As a Jordan Stan I feel that you were unfair to him at points. Not reckless, but not totally rational.

I'll never forget you saying you went to the library back in the early 90s to find a copy of The Jordan Rules because you needed an influx of Jordan hate that you weren't getting from mainstream media coverage.

:russ:

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Breh...I'm a Jets fan. We hate the Pats. Do you REALLY think we hate Brady to the degree Kobe/Bron fans went at each other? First of all...it's Brady vs. who? Baker vs. who? Dudes aren't debating and tearing down one contemporary to build up the other. That is pure NBA garbage. Kill that man. When NFL players are hated its by what they may have said or done to earn it, not because another player is encroaching on the love they receive so folks have to chop them down. That's pure NBA fan garbage. It needs to die, period
Did you not read my post?? I clearly stated it doesn't rise to the level of NBA toxicity. There are a lot of Montana fans that didn't like Brady as he approached but its not like Bron/Jordan/Kobe at all. I'm sure there were "mean" Peyton v Brady threads around the internet a decade ago but its not like NBA toxicity.

IMO this is for another thread though so I wont even respond anymore in here :manny:

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Some of yalls hate was overboard. Calling him a rapist and shyt. Clowning the fact that he didn’t have a son and laughing about it. Ima let y’all cook with the sorrow then ima make a thread and put y’all accounts on blast.

no need to try and delete, I have the receipts
These dudes were insufferable with that bs