Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think it’s just extreme cultural differences. They don’t get Kobe and the meaningfulness the same. He’s black, he has a hip hop connection to an extent. It’s just a different level of understanding to some backwoods cac who watches hockey and Fox News. Same cacs who only watch college basketball because they play the “right way”. Same cacs who stopped watching b-ball in the 90s. fukking devils I swear.
That's a huge difference. I don't think he was "just another star basketball player" to most black people and especially black people that have followed basketball for any amount of time.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm so sick and tired of this moral absolutism in general. Like you have to be perfect and any imperfection is the totality of that person, it's total bullshyt, especially when used disproportionately as it is when black heroes die by white people and at very specific times like it is here. It's also extremely hypocritical as they look into their own lives and heroes.

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay
I wonder who would sit down and think to put Rick Fox’s name in all of this randomly. Him and Kobe, atleast from what I know, weren’t seen together very often. Like how that happen? Media is evil boy.

my guess is TMZ contacted a “source” they have that’s close to Kobe and asked if they knew who was with him

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
I don’t understand why people act like they’re so sure he did it. At the time legal experts and lawyers were saying the prosecutions case was weak, why was it filed in the first place, it was a waste of taxpayers money, a lot of the potential jurors thought he was innocent, and the Eagle County court and sheriffs both fukked up.

Now he may have done it he may not of nobody knows but the two people in the room. And it is a part of his life so it’ll be brought wherever now or down the road. But running out and calling him a rapist especially after he passes is disrespectful. If these people in the media felt this way they should’ve said something during his career. Instead of waiting to hop on their high horses now.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I'm so sick and tired of this moral absolutism in general. Like you have to be perfect and any imperfection is the totality of that person, it's total bullshyt, especially when used disproportionately as it is when black heroes die by white people and at very specific times like it is here. It's also extremely hypocritical as they look into their own lives and heroes.
I can see it now, Obama passes away and people write him off because of random drone strikes.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Why do we need to talk about it? Everything has been settled for 17 years, as you said. If the accuser hasn't been complaining about it why should randoms on twitter?

Doesn’t she have an NDA that lasts forever? I don’t think she could bring it up if she wanted to and I doubt she would want to face all of that shaming again anyway.

I don’t think now is the time to start talking about it but I do think it’s fair for people to note that we never talked about it, it was never an acceptable topic, and most people never bothered to learn if there really was anything to the case.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Like Draymond Green said the other day, I don't wanna talk about Kobe. I wanna talk to Kobe.

I feel this way about my mother thinking of all this now. I don't wanna talk about my mother, I wanna talk to my mother.

This shyt fukking hurts brehs. I'm over here devestated over this loss just like everyone else. This ain't fair and still doesn't seem real.
:mjcry: