Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Two times already I heard cacs at the job say “but didn’t he get convicted of rape?” Two times already I had to step in like “no”. The comeback is all the same, “well he lost a civil suit, just like Oj”. Both times I end the same way, “keep that same energy if anything ever happens to Ben Roethlisberger”.:ufdup:

The narrative is all the same with these cacs. Did Rush Limbaugh give them notes on his radio show? Is it part of the monthly klan minutes?

fukk those CACs playing dumb. How could he lose a rape case and have a 20 year basketball career and win multiple chips. Shouldn’t they be worried about melanoma?

CBalla

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Two times already I heard cacs at the job say “but didn’t he get convicted of rape?” Two times already I had to step in like “no”. The comeback is all the same, “well he lost a civil suit, just like Oj”. Both times I end the same way, “keep that same energy if anything ever happens to Ben Roethlisberger”.:ufdup:

The narrative is all the same with these cacs. Did Rush Limbaugh give them notes on his radio show? Is it part of the monthly klan minutes?
Settling a civil suit is not the same as losing

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Listening to Bomani podcast, now.

Great, but, gives a bullshyt reason as to why only 72 hours later we HAVE to talk about this.

"Because you can't act like it didn't happen"

:dahell:

He wasn't coming back from Colorado court. He was flying to a girl's bball tourney with his daughter, her teammates and their parents...17 YEARS LATER.

I dont understand why we HAVE to talk about anything right now. You telling me he coudlnt talk about that shyt 2 weeks ago? I gotta give the side eye to anyone that decides the right time to shyt on someone is moment they die.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

he didn't lose a civil suit :dahell:

Prosecutors dropped the charges for him to pay a few mill

lets see continue going to trial even if you are innocent a black man vs a white woman in colorado, or pay a few shekels have a lawyer write a statement and carry on with your life

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay
I dont understand why we HAVE to talk about anything right now. You telling me he coudlnt talk about that shyt 2 weeks ago? I gotta give the side eye to anyone that decides the right time to shyt on someone is moment they die.

people just want their fake internet "woke" points

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team

not according to the replublicacs, gay liberals and wenches.

I think it’s just extreme cultural differences. They don’t get Kobe and the meaningfulness the same. He’s black, he has a hip hop connection to an extent. It’s just a different level of understanding to some backwoods cac who watches hockey and Fox News. Same cacs who only watch college basketball because they play the “right way”. Same cacs who stopped watching b-ball in the 90s. fukking devils I swear.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

exactly
i got a parking ticket a few months ago it was 50 dollars for me to take the day off work and go to court and fight it would have cost me way more money and time.

So I just paid, doesn't mean I'm guilty of that parking infraction.

Jordan>>LeFrozen

It was written in the Bible
Daps
Reppin
NYC
This is why I think it will be hard for Kobe to become the LOGO even if Adam silver, Jerry west and others sign off on it

A lot of people aren’t letting that Colorado shyt go, especially with the Me too era we are in right now smh. I can’t tell y’all the amount of people I blocked on Social media for bringing that shyt up. Yes we know it happened and won’t be ignored if we going through Kobe’s timeline but DAMN son

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Basically of this stuff was on your heart why didn't you just bring it up before he died? The reason being you didn't care as much but now we just have to bring it back up. These cats are something else. Just like everybody mostly knows who he is most also know about the case if they care to find out more info on it. Ole I just want to be fair ass nikkas.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps

Kobe really stayed at Bron's neck in the 00s :wow:
giphy.gif

3nl7h3.gif

I think the Olympics helped make them "cool" even though they'd still be competing fo titles so they couldn't be close for real.
giphy.gif

It was cool to see them interact years later
source.gif

However, for this Lakers season...this GIF standout. Just like Kobe would still uplift Bron in their first game against each other...time to return the favor...
or let him lift him up again :wow:
giphy.gif

Last edited:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
not according to the replublicacs, gay liberals and wenches.

I think it’s just extreme cultural differences. They don’t get Kobe and the meaningfulness the same. He’s black, he has a hip hop connection to an extent. It’s just a different level of understanding to some backwoods cac who watches hockey and Fox News. Same cacs who only watch college basketball because they play the “right way”. Same cacs who stopped watching b-ball in the 90s. fukking devils I swear.
The person you quoted is talking about another black man not some white person so the cultural difference doesn't really apply. I guess once you start getting money some folks start acting like Bo though.

Stacker Pentecost

Superstar
Daps

And he never plead guilty to anything, he maintained that it was consensual but said he’s sorry if she felt it wasn’t. That’s what he signed to that people are calling a ‘half-ass’ confession. Idk, the girl I believe is still alive (correct me if that’s wrong) and he is dead, I always find this type of thing weird because ultimately if a person believes he raped her and deserved something bad to happen to him for it then congratulations... something bad happened. What more restitution is needed? Really curious.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

We certainly don’t have to talk about it now. But it wasn’t talked about for the last 17 years either.