Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Truefan31

Superstar
Daps
Still in shock really......it hurts especially b/c of the kids too.

I think it's also, you saw his influence globally. But besides basketball, he was just a man who seemed to always strive for greatness in his life.....being as intelligent as he was, he spoke intelligently, studied and educated himself on so many facets (being multilingual, talking to other greats to get perspective, etc). I wasn't the biggest Kobe fan during his career, but nobody can deny just how intelligent he was, and he became an ambassador for the game.

It hurts when you see and know the greatness was coming in his post-basketball career, and for it to be cut down by a tragic accident, none of his own doing......:mjcry:

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
where’d you hear “only”?

:childplease:

I heard that he was identified by his fingerprints, not that he could “only” be identified by his fingerprints.

Fingerprints much faster than going by dental records.

Even if he is fully intact, they couldn’t just say “yeah, that looks like Kobe... must be him” they had to positively ID somehow, and fingerprints is a very quick method...

I write all this to say that him being identified by fingerprints doesn’t mean that he was out there mangled in 20+ separate pieces...

Cnn said it. They used the words "only"

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
All I can say man, is that that's a very metaphysical question that I can't answer without verging on blasphemy.
But, I'll do my best.
I think a good starting point for you: google quantum immortality.
The notion that science could discern the will of the creator is laughable, so "scientific results" about things like this are... ridiculous. BUT--based on theoretical physics and philosophical reductions, a "theory" gaining steam is that life is unique to the person experiencing it, and because it is (as far as anyone knows) impossible to "experience" nothing, each individual is--in essence--God, experiencing life as a material being. Which is what Jesus said, 2000 years ago.
So no one individual can experience their own death, but each individual can experience everyone else's death. IE, if you put a shotgun in your mouth and pulled the trigger with your toe.. in your reality, it would jam, it would misfire, it would go off but take off half your face and leave you alive... whichever scenario results in you living, would occur. But for everyone else on the planet, you would die right there and then.
Now, as a person's life goes on, the experience needs to get increasingly more... random... or fantastical... to keep their time line going. Which may account for things like the Mandella effect. So, let's say, in your time line you try to pull that shotgun trigger and it doesn't go off. Maybe for it to be defective, a person at the manufacturing plant needed to be sick that day, so maybe they had to go to the funeral for the guy who wrote the berenstein bears, but in order for him to be at that funeral in your timeline, fewer copies of those books needed to be sold for him to have a funeral at a place and cost that's affordable for him to go, so your universe is retconned to be a universe where they were the "berenstain bears" and a publishing deal was slightly less lucrative. Or something along those lines.
Eventually, as your life becomes increasingly more improbable, you realize that you are, in fact god, you break the machine, the illusion, the maya, and you regain your true form, and come back to do it again, in a new form, forgetting it all over again so you can experience life, eternally.
And because each individual view point is a view point of god, all of these infinite timelines are occurring simultaneously, we're ALL god (as jesus, again, said) and the experience of one is impossible to parse out from the experience of another. And so YES, Kobe is still alive in his timeline, but you might not be alive in his. And his may have branched off from yours 40 years ago, because in his, maybe he doesn't need to BE the Kobe that you needed him to be. Because there "IS" no Kobe, just your view of an energy collected as "Kobe" so you can learn whatever lesson you need to from his life/death.
Like I said man, tough to answer without passing the peace pipe and being face to face.
Damn that was dope! Any books you reccomend that talk about thls stuff? Also what verses in the bible does Jesus say that?

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
People were arguing about 20 pages back about the crash ... I did the physics behind it and most people were absolutely incorrect.
For them to slow down and dip below cloud cover, only to realize they were going too low and pull up and accelerate to avoid the mountain.
They would still be going at least 3x as fast as it would take to obliterate you. 85 miles an hour on impact is enough to kill you instantly even with safety equipment.
Say they were traveling 165-170 and just clipped the mountain... like most people tried to argue. You can see that the helicopter turned sideways at the last moment from the angle it hit the ground
Obviously a pilot would try to not smash directly into the ground. That still doesnt limit the fact that crashing at 3x the speed for an instant kill would be survivable, that's just avoiding the fact that they probably crashed at 2.3x what was necessary to kill. Also someone said the plane was then on fire and exploded later, none of that is true from eye witness testimony. The helicopter exploded on impact at that speed and the eye witness was 200 feet away and could feel the wind and heat, as well as the shrapnel. The fact that they can only find 3 bodies is proof enough without the physics behind it, to prove that these people died on impact. Like I said, even not directly impacting a mountain head on would still be around 250% G force to completely erase all life in a second. Go take your safety rated volvo up to 90 and crash it into a wall and see how you feel after... then imagine doing it going nearly 180mph in a helicopter filled with jet fuel while its exploding. Then add in the fact that the bodies are scattered due to impact alone, you would be an absolute fool to think they died in 3 separate phases and not in an instant.

Nobody on the helicopter suffered at all. It was probably a split second of "oh shyt the pilot is pulling up super hard!" and then impact. With him avoiding the mountain, (or trying to) they were probably disoriented from the sharp left hand pull and all rattled to not even think about the crash at all. Look at the time on the flight path, at that speed.... they werent over that area for even more than 10 seconds. They surely wouldnt have time in 2.5 seconds from the water plant to the mountain to react or realize.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Yeah I think it’s because Basketball is so big. Like I’m sure many people play and have thought about Kobe and tried to emulate him. He has clothes, sneakers, he just retired recently, most of us got to see his greatness growing up.

His retirement was the second biggest deal next to Jordan’s retirement.

And we won't get to hear his Hall of Fame speech off the strength of this now that I think on it...:mjcry:
All%20Hail_zpsx48vnlic.gif

Rest in Peace, #24.

The Plug

plug couldnt trust you now u cant trust the plug
Daps
I'm reading that Kobe didn't own the helicopter so it might not be possible to sue him for the crash. Is that true?

DjMe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People were arguing about 20 pages back about the crash ... I did the physics behind it and most people were absolutely incorrect.
For them to slow down and dip below cloud cover, only to realize they were going too low and pull up and accelerate to avoid the mountain.
They would still be going at least 3x as fast as it would take to obliterate you. 85 miles an hour on impact is enough to kill you instantly even with safety equipment.
Say they were traveling 165-170 and just clipped the mountain... like most people tried to argue. You can see that the helicopter turned sideways at the last moment from the angle it hit the ground
Obviously a pilot would try to not smash directly into the ground. That still doesnt limit the fact that crashing at 3x the speed for an instant kill would be survivable, that's just avoiding the fact that they probably crashed at 2.3x what was necessary to kill. Also someone said the plane was then on fire and exploded later, none of that is true from eye witness testimony. The helicopter exploded on impact at that speed and the eye witness was 200 feet away and could feel the wind and heat, as well as the shrapnel. The fact that they can only find 3 bodies is proof enough without the physics behind it, to prove that these people died on impact. Like I said, even not directly impacting a mountain head on would still be around 250% G force to completely erase all life in a second. Go take your safety rated volvo up to 90 and crash it into a wall and see how you feel after... then imagine doing it going nearly 180mph in a helicopter filled with jet fuel while its exploding. Then add in the fact that the bodies are scattered due to impact alone, you would be an absolute fool to think they died in 3 separate phases and not in an instant.

Nobody on the helicopter suffered at all. It was probably a split second of "oh shyt the pilot is pulling up super hard!" and then impact. With him avoiding the mountain, (or trying to) they were probably disoriented from the sharp left hand pull and all rattled to not even think about the crash at all. Look at the time on the flight path, at that speed.... they werent over that area for even more than 10 seconds. They surely wouldnt have time in 2.5 seconds from the water plant to the mountain to react or realize.

Doorbell Cam Captures Chilling Audio of Kobe Bryant’s Crash

Here's audio from a doorbell cam of the crash.
There was no pain for anyone.
It was instant as instant can be.