Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Yo I know exactly zero of y’all in person but I hope y’all are good and healthy. I’m grateful for the coli where I can discuss sports (or mostly watch y’all discuss sports), music and life from a black perspective. That shyt is super rare in the real world where I’m at so I just wanna say I’m grateful for y’all cuz behind the screen we are all real life people.

giphy.gif

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
Daughters sometimes carry the legacy better. They don’t have the same pressure that boys have to carry on the name.

This is correct. My cousin who unfortunately passed not long ago did an excellent job of carrying her maiden name legacy. Even better than her brothers.

I have two daughters and I am confident my legacy will be intact whether I have a son or not.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
I thought Michael Jackson death was rough but this one hitting much harder. I think Kobe was just ingrained in American culture and folklore.
Yeah I think it’s because Basketball is so big. Like I’m sure many people play and have thought about Kobe and tried to emulate him. He has clothes, sneakers, he just retired recently, most of us got to see his greatness growing up.

His retirement was the second biggest deal next to Jordan’s retirement.

DjMe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dope, good shyt! Is it possible kobe is still alive in his timeline like you mentioned earlier?

All I can say man, is that that's a very metaphysical question that I can't answer without verging on blasphemy.
But, I'll do my best.
I think a good starting point for you: google quantum immortality.
The notion that science could discern the will of the creator is laughable, so "scientific results" about things like this are... ridiculous. BUT--based on theoretical physics and philosophical reductions, a "theory" gaining steam is that life is unique to the person experiencing it, and because it is (as far as anyone knows) impossible to "experience" nothing, each individual is--in essence--God, experiencing life as a material being. Which is what Jesus said, 2000 years ago.
So no one individual can experience their own death, but each individual can experience everyone else's death. IE, if you put a shotgun in your mouth and pulled the trigger with your toe.. in your reality, it would jam, it would misfire, it would go off but take off half your face and leave you alive... whichever scenario results in you living, would occur. But for everyone else on the planet, you would die right there and then.
Now, as a person's life goes on, the experience needs to get increasingly more... random... or fantastical... to keep their time line going. Which may account for things like the Mandella effect. So, let's say, in your time line you try to pull that shotgun trigger and it doesn't go off. Maybe for it to be defective, a person at the manufacturing plant needed to be sick that day, so maybe they had to go to the funeral for the guy who wrote the berenstein bears, but in order for him to be at that funeral in your timeline, fewer copies of those books needed to be sold for him to have a funeral at a place and cost that's affordable for him to go, so your universe is retconned to be a universe where they were the "berenstain bears" and a publishing deal was slightly less lucrative. Or something along those lines.
Eventually, as your life becomes increasingly more improbable, you realize that you are, in fact god, you break the machine, the illusion, the maya, and you regain your true form, and come back to do it again, in a new form, forgetting it all over again so you can experience life, eternally.
And because each individual view point is a view point of god, all of these infinite timelines are occurring simultaneously, we're ALL god (as jesus, again, said) and the experience of one is impossible to parse out from the experience of another. And so YES, Kobe is still alive in his timeline, but you might not be alive in his. And his may have branched off from yours 40 years ago, because in his, maybe he doesn't need to BE the Kobe that you needed him to be. Because there "IS" no Kobe, just your view of an energy collected as "Kobe" so you can learn whatever lesson you need to from his life/death.
Like I said man, tough to answer without passing the peace pipe and being face to face.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
Talked to a friend of mine who is a pilot and he said the pilot is fully responsible for this. He said so many red flags that were ignored. He was flying low. He went in a fog. He knew the helicopter they were flying. He knew that making that wide ass turn could have disorinted him. He just gambled with people life.

Basically when it is that foggy. You rely on the insteument and the radar to fly. You fet clearance levels and highest object in your fly zone. Dude basically ignored everything and still went on. He got several warnings about flying low and ig ored them. If Kobe or anyone else knew how to fly, they could have picked up on it that dude was confused and did not know his whereabouts. Unlike airplanes, there is no autopilot for helicopters.

My friend said the pilot should have made an emergency landing by Burbank the latest. Same rwason we get jet lagged is same reason these pilots can get congused in the air. Thats why thwy have a max number of hours they can work monthly. I think 8 or 12 days a month.

Still dude cost Kobe and other ppl their lives and theres no coming back from that.

we should also try to remember the pilot presumably valued his own life so it’s not as if he just said fukk it and didn’t care if he lived or died.

He was doing his job and wants to walk back into his crib at the end of the day also. I know people want to blame people but let’s try to be reasonable.

NO-BadAzz

Superstar
Daps
Question Brehs

Would making the area where the heli crashed a memorial area be disrespectful. Where Kobe's fans can go and pay their respects.