Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kobe and I back in February 2013 (obviously blurred out my face)

IMG-20130204-215948.jpg
Nice man what was this event for?

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Nice man what was this event for?

I won a contest through Nike. Had to submit them something that showed how big of a Kobe fan you were. This was when social media for the most part wasn't what it is now so I ended up winning. The picture I submitted:

IMG-20130127-175853.jpg

The jacket/sneaker set is what pushed me over the edge. There are only 24 of them, I have one. Featured are the Rice Kobe 1 which was exclusive to the school and every player on the team didn't get their pair due to some of the pairs being stolen in China. My brother has them since he went and played there. Also there is the Kobe Hyperdunk Beijing Olympic PE which I ended up getting in an 11 instead of a 12. They somehow fit. The Grinch VI and MVP III with the lucite box that has the mamba painted on. That's a fraction of what I have/had. I would have needed the entire living room to show everything.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
This one hurts ya'll and i'm sitting here wondering why this hurts so much. I didn't know Kobe at all. Honestly, I never felt any type of connection with him. He came off arrgoant. But that was my fault. I mistook his work ethic for arrogance. Hearing him talk about his work ethic and Mamba mentality makes me question myself. Am I a hard worker? How can I do better in life and in my career? I felt more of a connection with Iverson. I didn't have braids Wasnt in the streets. But I think it comes from just the struggle man. I grew up struggling not having the best shoes or just eating struggle meals.Iverson just had the swag, the rags to riches story, he was relatable. But yet, Kobe's passing still hurts. Just watching his interviews, watching him as a father. I started to feel more connected to him and respecting him as a man. As a player, I always respected his game. But this man, watching how he never cared about having a son. How he was building his daughter up to be a great ball player. I just can't believe they're both gone.

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
shyt is bonkers breh.

none of us are aviation experts obviously but if this dude was dealing with some confusion (and nervousness) in the fog why not just slow down, pull up and just hover?

It’s not like a speeding plane at 500mph. Damn copter can literally just hover in the air forever almost at a dead stop. We’ve all see news/police choppers do it all the time. Can’t be out here flying Vietnam style missions with peoples kids on board. Do that shyt by yourself.

whole thing is just wack and as time go by you’re still hurt by it but angry now what plenty of pilots are coming out and saying WTF was this dude doing. If you don’t wanna rely on your instruments then why even fukking go up there like you have laser precision eyesight that can cut thru clouds and fog.

Ridiculous. All of it.

Time and time again when some big tragedy happens with a celeb or someone notable you question the people rolling with them. Because of the boss dies then everyone’s bag is fukked up forever. Protect the boss at all costs unless you want dark days ahead where everyone left behind literally has to pick up the pieces.

I told dude to make a youtube video but he said nah. Dude is a genius at piloting. Instead he does IT and pilot on weekends only for commercial flights.

About the confusion, its sudden but your brain becomes aware you confused then you freak out. Some pilots master it and can find their way out of it due to excessibe training. Dude said he should have had another pilot with him if he wanted to risk that flight. He should have grounded the flight at Burbank. No question about that. Dude was flying low over a highway. Although not really dangerous but you cant see the power wires from uptop at all. He should have known better. After the highway thats where he went really confused by the fog.

Now that fool is dead and cost innocent people to lose their lives too.

Bad conditions
Told to stay in the air for at least 15 minutes
Then told he was flying too low
Then told he was losing control

Then that mofacka did nothing.

Man I m getting so mad typing this shyt. You right though. Thats why I always say if tou rich, certain things should be handled by people that love and care for you.

You see how they never reveal who the pilot is ?

Daps
I told dude to make a youtube video but he said nah. Dude is a genius at piloting. Instead he does IT and pilot on weekends only for commercial flights.

About the confusion, its sudden but your brain becomes aware you confused then you freak out. Some pilots master it and can find their way out of it due to excessibe training. Dude said he should have had another pilot with him if he wanted to risk that flight. He should have grounded the flight at Burbank. No question about that. Dude was flying low over a highway. Although not really dangerous but you cant see the power wires from uptop at all. He should have known better. After the highway thats where he went really confused by the fog.

Now that fool is dead and cost innocent people to lose their lives too.

Bad conditions
Told to stay in the air for at least 15 minutes
Then told he was flying too low
Then told he was losing control

Then that mofacka did nothing.

Man I m getting so mad typing this shyt. You right though. Thats why I always say if tou rich, certain things should be handled by people that love and care for you.

You see how they never reveal who the pilot is ?
Trash ass fukking pilot:pacspit:

no doubt that Kobe could have mastered piloting. But that’s a big thing to master

killacal

Banned
Daps
This one hurts ya'll and i'm sitting here wondering why this hurts so much. I didn't know Kobe at all. Honestly, I never felt any type of connection with him. He came off arrgoant. But that was my fault. I mistook his work ethic for arrogance. Hearing him talk about his work ethic and Mamba mentality makes me question myself. Am I a hard worker? How can I do better in life and in my career? I felt more of a connection with Iverson. I didn't have braids Wasnt in the streets. But I think it comes from just the struggle man. I grew up struggling not having the best shoes or just eating struggle meals.Iverson just had the swag, the rags to riches story, he was relatable. But yet, Kobe's passing still hurts. Just watching his interviews, watching him as a father. I started to feel more connected to him and respecting him as a man. As a player, I always respected his game. But this man, watching how he never cared about having a son. How he was building his daughter up to be a great ball player. I just can't believe they're both gone.
Not understanding kobes extreme confidence came from his reps and work ethic is the reason most people didn't like him when he was playing

And man o man did he back it up:wow:

Must have been unbelievably frustrating to watch him and root against him giving everyones heros that work:wow:
I hated the Lakers but I always rooted for Kobe...as a Hooper I'd have to be a ho not to respect the olympic level work this man put in to be that unguardable :wow:

People see the foot work and jumper, they didn't see the cat like balance, his body feints at full speed, my man's was painting out there

Kobe is a maestro akin to messi

The only two athletes to have me jaw open like a child... fukking consistently

I was too young for Jordan's prime, and kobes daughter is the only female ive ever checked for. Her jab was 15 years ahead of her age range, 13 with a face up game like prime melo :wow:

I was an idiot at 13 no guidance no structure to see her look like a fukkin solider makes me want my own kids:mjcry: