Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel guilty not appreciating Kobe till now. I always preferred Lebron and would make excuses why Kobe wasn't as amazing on the court as everyone said he was. How wrong I was brehs. This death made me put my biases to the side and say fukk beefs. Before I would argue Kobes not even top 10. Watching non stop highlights of him in the past 2 days ive realized how fukkin dense I was. Kobe is easily top 5, maybe even top 3. And his inspiration on the next gen of players is undeniable. Even more inspiring though I never realized what a dedicated father he was. All us fathers could learn a thing from his commitment to family.

RIP black mamba and your precious Gigi. You gained a new fan in me and have my utmost respect and love.

You don’t hate a player the way I hated kobe cuz they’re garbage. It’s the exact opposite, the hate is an acknowledgement to their skill. That’s why I switched back and forth between the warriors going for the win record and Kobe’s last game and eventually tapered off to watching him get 60. That maestro commercial was about people like me. “I’ve been hating you for too long to stop now” :wow:
It was only natural as a warriors fan and a jordan stan, and Kobe was the perfect villain. Not just getting 3 straight, shytting on the Kings, shytting on the blazers and spurs. But getting byke to byke. The only other athlete I’ve hated that consistently is Brady and the common thread is that they kept winning. Even lebron doesn’t consistently win to be that “villain”
Kobe post nba was hard to hate on. Dude didn’t seem to miss the league as much as I thought he would. He was at peace being a dad/coach/mogul/writer/whatever the fukk else he was doing. That’s what fukkin sucks.
:snoop:

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
I lost all respect for D. Whistle. he made that segment all about himself and his "greatness". Totally classless.
What the fukk are you talking about?:what:

The whole purpose of the story was to show that no matter how great or experienced Kobe was, he was always trying to learn. And he wasn't prideful enough to ask a younger player for advice. He never got comfortable even when he was the best in the game. He was always evolving. He was always growing.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I'mma go ahead and say it. Part of me thinks the NBA was tacky as hell having players still play when news came out of Kobe Bryant's death on some plantation "I know it hurts but keep working nikka" shyt.

I get Lebron and other players saying Kobe would have wanted them to keep balling but still you had players breaking down during the games and on the sidelines no time to grieve or process because we got a job to do type shyt. Honest perspective says basketball is a game to entertain the people... imma stop there because i dont wanna downplay the sport I just feel like the league could have been more respectful beyond a backcourt violation or 3 second violations when the news broke.

LeBron? The Lakers didn't play Sunday. It was rumors and speculation like minutes and an hour leading up to the game. Lakers vs Clippers was cancelled for tonight.

Silver was the one deciding. Not LeBron

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
What the fukk are you talking about?:what:

The whole purpose of the story was to show that no matter how great or experienced Kobe was, he was always trying to learn. And he wasn't prideful enough to ask a younger player for advice. He never got comfortable even when he was the best in the game. He was always evolving. He was always growing.
Both stories he told seemed like he was bragging.