Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
We need to appreciate Ernie while he's here family. Everyone on TNT is a grown man but he always plays the father role. Gets much love from me
Everyone in the sports world knows Earnie is the GOAT lead/host analyst in the history of sports. No one else's name is even part of the convo. I think Mike Greenberg is great also but Earnie is different. Earnie is a legend in his own right.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

AC Milan with a tribute before their match today, also had black arm bands, took a moment of silence too.

Kobe's global reach was something. He brought the same emotion from people overseas that he did over here. Its incredible how unparalled his reach was. Folks in Italy prolly look at him as one of their own.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Daughters sometimes carry the legacy better. They don’t have the same pressure that boys have to carry on the name.
Much more weight too in this case...

We all know the dirty truth that WNBA never gets the spotlight NBA got and likely won't....but having a legit Top 10 of all time completely supportive of the league and his legacy looking to be a GOAT would have brought in so many viewers....its a damn shame on what the WNBA could have been in 5 years.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Crazy how most of my boys were legit laker/Kobe haters and we’re all taking this like we were fans our whole lives :aicmon:

Everyone knows me as the biggest Kobe fan on here but even I started out as a hater.

My earliest memory of Kobe was in '98 at the all-star game. Media was hyping it as Jordan vs Kobe. I was a Jordan fan so I actually hated Kobe at the start. My mindset was Jordan's the man and screw the media for trying to crown this 19 year old kid as his equal. But then time passed, MJ retired, and I ended up gravitating toward Kobe. He ended up becoming my favorite athlete of all-time.

Its perfectly human to change and evolve over time. To think you have to like someone from the beginning to the end is unrealistic.

DjMe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt like this really makes you doubt if a God exists.. family members pass away early, kobe and gigi pass away at an early age, like why?

shyt like this is why I hate that everything happens for a reason shyt people be saying. What's the reason this had to happen?

God is infinite in his wisdom, and infinite in his capabilities. Capable of things that you can scarcely begin to imagine. If your mind can comprehend it, it is laughable to think that God could not.

This material existence, this maya, is illusory in nature. And quantum theory has begun to speculate that it's unique to the viewer--meaning your experience is different than mine. Your timeline branches and diverges in such a way so as to give to you the experience that you came to have. Unique from mine. Unique from Kobe's.

In Kobe's life, his helicopter cleared that mountain, touched down, and he coached his daughter's game. In Kobe's life, he has more work to do, and will continue doing it for eternity, endlessly. Until he remembers his nature and begins again, when he is ready.
In yours, that helicopter crashed, and you feel an emptiness for another soul--you feel your heart torn in two for Vanessa and her daughters. You feel love for a human you've never met. You feel, maybe, the most important emotion of your life, a feeling that could change the world, end hunger, end wars, and let you enter the kingdom of heaven in a state of enlightenment that all of the saints would praise you for. THAT is the power of God, to teach lessons in ways that are for you, as a learner, hard to understand at first, but can take root in your heart and bear fruit so bountiful down the road that you could cry in joy for the harvest today, although you can be forgiven for mistaking them for tears of sorrow.

Grieve for the abrupt end to the story, grieve for the loss of your joy, grieve for a million different reasons. But find strength in your faith brother. Because if there is one thing I can tell you for certain about this life: it is not without cause.

CourtesyFlush

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel guilty not appreciating Kobe till now. I always preferred Lebron and would make excuses why Kobe wasn't as amazing on the court as everyone said he was. How wrong I was brehs. This death made me put my biases to the side and say fukk beefs. Before I would argue Kobes not even top 10. Watching non stop highlights of him in the past 2 days ive realized how fukkin dense I was. Kobe is easily top 5, maybe even top 3. And his inspiration on the next gen of players is undeniable. Even more inspiring though I never realized what a dedicated father he was. All us fathers could learn a thing from his commitment to family.

RIP black mamba and your precious Gigi. You gained a new fan in me and have my utmost respect and love.

Daps
God is infinite in his wisdom, and infinite in his capabilities. Capable of things that you can scarcely begin to imagine. If your mind can comprehend it, it is laughable to think that God could not.

This material existence, this maya, is illusory in nature. And quantum theory has begun to speculate that it's unique to the viewer--meaning your experience is different than mine. Your timeline branches and diverges in such a way so as to give to you the experience that you came to have. Unique from mine. Unique from Kobe's.

In Kobe's life, his helicopter cleared that mountain, touched down, and he coached his daughter's game. In Kobe's life, he has more work to do, and will continue doing it for eternity, endlessly. Until he remembers his nature and begins again, when he is ready.
In yours, that helicopter crashed, and you feel an emptiness for another soul--you feel your heart torn in two for Vanessa and her daughters. You feel love for a human you've never met. You feel, maybe, the most important emotion of your life, a feeling that could change the world, end hunger, end wars, and let you enter the kingdom of heaven in a state of enlightenment that all of the saints would praise you for. THAT is the power of God, to teach lessons in ways that are for you, as a learner, hard to understand at first, but can take root in your heart and bear fruit so bountiful down the road that you could cry in joy for the harvest today, although you can be forgiven for mistaking them for tears of sorrow.

Grieve for the abrupt end to the story, grieve for the loss of your joy, grieve for a million different reasons. But find strength in your faith brother. Because if there is one thing I can tell you for certain about this life: it is not without cause.
I hate people who do this God has a plan shyt when we don't even know if God (at least in the way we think) exists
People don't want to hear all that God this and that gospel when they see a tragedy like this