Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Man, Kobe had a heart bigger than this world. This makes me think about how the media potrayed him back in the day.

"Kobe's selfish, narcissistic, too entitled, only cares about himself, etc"

Honestly, hearing that shyt for so many years kept me from liking him and I regret that now. Yeah he was like that on the court most of the time but outside basketball that wasn't him at all. I think alot of us got too caught up into it. The media is a powerful tool that can be used as a weapon to destroy/dehumanized people.

It turned out that Kobe was much more human than I thought.

Just shows how much of a private guy he was

I had no idea Kobe was catholic and attended church every Sunday. That he would play hoops at the local playground, that he would go to his local Starbucks and how he met sick kids and donated his time and money

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don’t wanna turn this into a religious debate but even if God exists and we were created how does that guarantee the existence of an afterlife for us?

You can't have it both ways since you said don't wanna turn this into a religious debate but you still want to debate.

Listen, I know what I believe in. However you believe in it's up to you so that's not my problem.

If there's no afterlife for us then what's the point of us being on the earth then?

This bytch lowkey been getting on my nerves past 2 days

its like she’s enjoying this shyt because she’s getting attention for talking about Kobe non-stop..

interviewing T-Mac and Jerry West with a half laugh/smile on her face. While these dudes are in tears...

That's why I said she rubs me the wrong way in my previous posts.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That's another thing about these media types. They have no idea how Kobe for example was important to his local community. Not just worldwide but locally he was a huge member of that community attended church, helped out the local kids and hospitals, etc.. it's that type of stuff that the media don't see and Kobe doesn't NEED them to see because he's a private citizen at the end of the day.

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Man, Kobe had a heart bigger than this world. This makes me think about how the media potrayed him back in the day.

"Kobe's selfish, narcissistic, too entitled, only cares about himself, etc"

Honestly, hearing that shyt for so many years kept me from liking him and I regret that now. Yeah he was like that on the court most of the time but outside basketball that wasn't him at all. I think alot of us got too caught up into it. The media is a powerful tool that can be used as a weapon to destroy/dehumanized people.

It turned out that Kobe was much more human than I thought.
Yeah the media really vilified him to spite him in favor of others, thats why Kobe had his legion of people who followed him (including me) as a response to all of the noise. I'm sitting here like it really took for him to die for you all to realize what people have been saying and loved him for for the past 20+ years?:to::mjcry:

Damn

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Gilbert is hilarious on social media. Nothing wrong with kickin back enjoying your millions. He earned it. But Kobe was just the type to hold people to a higher standard. Like “why are you spending your prime years bullshytting when you still have more greatness to offer the world?”:childplease:
nah, arenas would consistently cross over from being funny to being an immature clown. he had a bit of the 50 cent, joe budden thing going on...to the point where you look like a silly ass teen with the dumb comments, constant trolling, back and forths, just looking to stir up shyt etc. funny is snoop or tracee ellis ross, you get a laugh from their accounts frequently, 50 and Gil are two men who leave me smh 75% of the time. grow little boys

acbjr22

110er Gang
Daps
I’m a LeBron fan and I routinely said negative shyt about Kobe but I’m fukked up right now bruh. I ain’t been happy since I heard that news. That shyt don’t sit right with me at all. I ain’t even interested in watching basketball no more. Kobe and his daughter dying is fukkin wack B! I would tell God himself that he wack for that. Straight up

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
EPZyIV6U4AABrbV
EPZyIV2UUAABIld