Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Dame Dash's Motor Oil

Not From Harlem
Daps
I'd like to think this 1 on 1 game is going on right now, somewhere up there

6393cde42b3a55d68989fbf61fd56b2b.jpg

The most skilled player of all time vs the most dominant player of all time :to:

Daps
I'm really tired of this you don't know Kobe nonsense. This death is hitting me damn near as hard as my mother's passing. We lost a fukking basketball legend and a man who loved his wife and daughters. You can tell that Gianna was likely destined for greatness and that was taken from us as well. A good amount of this board grew up watching Kobe's career. Kobe Bryant was a part of and impacted so many lives. This loss is fukking devestating.

Like Draymond Green said, I don't wanna talk about Kobe. I wanna talk to Kobe.
:mjcry:
Yea i can honestly say i never rooted for kobe a day in my life. Respected him, put him in my top 10, but from 96 to 2016, from sohh to here, never rooted for him. But, when I first saw this thread when it was initially titled "Kobe Bryant killed", my heart dropped and i literally said out loud, "no".

I clown and stan jordan, but shyt is never that serious. Like you said, we grew up with this dude. Can't believe it. shyt is so crazy.

I remember when he did that behind the back move in his first all star game on the break and then the hook shot. Maaaaan, fukkin everybody was talking about that one move the next day and doing that shyt in gym class and after school when we played ball. shyt is sad.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio

shyt you not, company had its annual meeting to discuss profit sharing results and all that this morning. This exact photo/quote was included in the presentation. Dallas area, so guy was :francis: referencing the Kobe 62/3qtrs game :russ:

reserved_one

#Ambivertgang
Daps
Reppin
So.ILL/Raider Nation

Man, Kobe had a heart bigger than this world. This makes me think about how the media potrayed him back in the day.

"Kobe's selfish, narcissistic, too entitled, only cares about himself, etc"

Honestly, hearing that shyt for so many years kept me from liking him and I regret that now. Yeah he was like that on the court most of the time but outside basketball that wasn't him at all. I think alot of us got too caught up into it. The media is a powerful tool that can be used as a weapon to destroy/dehumanized people.

It turned out that Kobe was much more human than I thought.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
Yea i can honestly say i never rooted for kobe a day in my life. Respected him, put him in my top 10, but from 96 to 2016, from sohh to here, never rooted for him. But, when I first saw this thread when it was initially titled "Kobe Bryant killed", my heart dropped and i literally said out loud, "no".

I clown and stan jordan, but shyt is never that serious. Like you said, we grew up with this dude. Can't believe it. shyt is so crazy.

I remember when he did that behind the back move in his first all star game on the break and then the hook shot. Maaaaan, fukkin everybody was talking about that one move the next day and doing that shyt in gym class and after school when we played ball. shyt is sad.
Same for me.

From not being a huge fan to damn near breaking down in tears is crazy.

I ask myself why and it's only because I have seen his whole life from 17 to 41. I was 10 in 1996, already grabbing news papers to check team stats and rosters so I could make all the trades on NBA Live 96. We ain't even have cable at the time smh. It was NBA on NBC still back then and that was my introduction to Kobe.

Im a Jordan and Wade fan, but I have known Kobe since he was 17 fukkin years old.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps
hope he holds to that, arenas is a grown ass clown on SM. glad kobe called him on it and pressed him to step it up

Gilbert is hilarious on social media. Nothing wrong with kickin back enjoying your millions. He earned it. But Kobe was just the type to hold people to a higher standard. Like “why are you spending your prime years bullshytting when you still have more greatness to offer the world?”:childplease:

And we should all have that mind state. And that’s why I eventually grew to like Kobe. I hated him as a player because he tormented my team many times. But seeing him become the man he did after basketball was fukking inspiring. He showed us that he was more than just a basketball player. He didn’t just want to excel at a being a great athlete. He wanted to excel at being a great human being. And that’s how I’m gonna remember him. Not for his rings. Not for his 81 pt game. Not even for his last game. I’m gonna remember him winning that Oscar, being a great father, and building his own fukkin academy. That’s just fukkin brilliance.

I think about @charmander and how dude never lived to his potential. He had a lot of talent and creativity but he never used it to do something great. And that’s what the majority of us do. We get caught up in these habits and loops and never break out of em. And that’s what guys like Nipsey and Kobe were trying to explain to us from day 1. We need to break out of the matrix and challenge ourselves to be great. There’s no time to waste. I know it’s easier said than done sometimes but we still gotta make the effort. Or else we’re just wasting away.

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
This has started to settle for me honestly in the past hour or so. I've spent the past few days constantly thinking about it despite trying to distract myself with various things.

I think it's about time I try to get my Stan on and start riding for my shooting Gawd the way I always have

#kobesystem
#mambamentallity

Last edited:

Spade281

Pro
Daps
Was thinking of going after work but I’m staying in Pasadena :francis:

traffic gona be a bytch. If I don’t go tonight I’ll try to go weds.
Breh you can take the Gold Line to Union and walk from 7th/Metro station. Just came back from there and will post pics later.