Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
EPVWjuHWsAY7Ww9
Kobe :to:

Last edited:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
dude is normally pretty full of life, just seemed defeated from what i heard on his podcast. Losing his sister and Kobe all in 2 months is rough.

shaq is a life of the party type dude but you can tell this shyt just flattened him. Mans can’t eat or sleep and feels lost like the rest of us.

Him and Kobe patched everything up years ago and now it’s well beyond wondering what could’ve happened if they stuck it out in LA for the sake of winning. None of that means shyt anymore. Both of them seemed happier as retired players because they realized how this game (and the business of it) works.

We feel how we feel and we are legit hurting so you know what it’s like for these guys who shared moments off the court that we will never know about

Warren Moon

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m a football fan through and through. If you ask to me choose watching a preseason XFL game against a NBA regular season game. It’s XFL all day.

Saying that the only player I’ve ever truly followed and loved was Kobe. He exemplified everything I wanted to be, and was the only athlete that I defended 100% no doubt online from MySpace, fb, twitter to the Coli as being the GOAT. I was a Stan. I loved his obvious talent but also his willingness to openly express in order to be the best, you have to work at.

As I transitioned to adulthood, Kobe slowly became not just an athlete I loved but a motivation to go for it all no matter what and work hard.

My fandom went from watching shytty (illegal) highlight tapes late night on early stages of YouTube by sneaking to surf on the family pc, to transitioning to watching his YT interviews in my adulthood, hearing him talk about the relentlessness you need to have to be the best you can be, while being in an office at 2 am and I wanted to go to bed.

shyts been tough this past 2 days. I wanted to post a pic on ig with his jersey on, but couldn’t and still can’t post it, bc I don’t think I can articulate the impact he had for me as a kid to now being a man.

It still really hasn’t hit me yet honestly. I still think this is fake or just wrong. I may go to his funeral if I can afford it, just to see what he represents one last time.

His death invokes so many emotions of wanting to support the inner child within me who's heart broken, to realizing I’m a grown ass adult who had my idol always there and is gone. To understanding that even your hero is mortal and so am I.

:mjcry: So many other things and low moments he helped me to type about, but I’m just going to stop.

Last edited:

Jakarta

Go Pack Go
Daps
Reppin
chicago

dont watch if you dont want to cry

Ok, this really did me in for the night.

Since everything happened, like everyone else I've been exposed to/read a fukking mountain of Kobe discourse. I understand his history and the things that happened allegedly in the past. I can understand why you want to vilify this man and all that.

But by every metric, even if something wrong happened almost 20 years ago, it's a shining example of how not everyone can be defined by one day. I understand that some people has had to deal with abuse like what allegedly happened, and I've never had that experience and would never wish it on anyone. But one day doesn't have to define a person.

I'll admit, I'm 30. I'm right on a border where I never got to /fully/ ingest the power that MJ had, and Kobe is moreso right in my window of getting into sports. When it came to the court, the man was a complete fukking marvel. His unquestionable work ethic and tenacity is just unreal. I was reading a piece yesterday where he mentioned in an interview that he couldn't comprehend someone not wanting to win. Something like "If you're not here to be the best, why are you here?" Granted, I cook for a living. I'm just the token white guy on a basketball court trying to be Kyle Korver and hit threes, but that mentality is truly inspirational. Even when I don't want to, I think about people like Kobe who every day gave it their fukking all no mater what.

This has certainly been a surreal ass few days, but I know at the very least a father with a lot of life to live got torn from his loving family with one of his own kids. As someone whose parents divorced when I was young, his dedication to being a present and strong father is incredibly admirable. I wouldn't wish this shyt on my worst enemy.

I hope the shooting god finds peace, and I wish only the best for his family. I've had so many musicians and shyt I've loved die but something like this hits me different. Never been a huge Kobe stan, I just enjoy basketball. But the mentality of Kobe can truly be something to admire, and I will always appreciate that. My thoughts are with the Bryant family. This shyt truly hurts.

((ReFleXioN)) EteRNaL

RIP MR. SMOKE
Daps

Some saying the pressure to make it to the venue on time influenced the pilot to make some regrettable decisions.

They were waiting for SVFR clearance for 15 minutes and were tryna make up for the delay.

This is similar to the article I read earlier. Sounds like the pilot got himself in way over his head and completely panicked in the final moments. Just terrible.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
My nephew still can't believe it, he was a huge Kobe fan. Tried to explain to him that it's moments like these that remind you although they're heroes, icons, superstars they're still human beings just like the rest of us.