Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I might post this shyt every day in this thread but I just can't get over the fact that Kobe Bryant has passed away in 2020. Seeing all the tributes and everything, it's just so eerie, I just can't help but feel like he's not supposed to be dead.
Nah I'm with you, if anybody was gonna live forever it was gonna be Kobe like real shyt man was supposed to be immortal:to:

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
I might post this shyt every day in this thread but I just can't get over the fact that Kobe Bryant has passed away in 2020. Seeing all the tributes and everything, it's just so eerie, I just can't help but feel like he's not supposed to be dead.

I'm not a particularly religious man but I'm starting to feel like this was always meant to be. Kobe's life was a supernova, and unfortunately he became very polarizing. Well polarizing here in the US, he's mostly beloved everywhere else and that's very telling. I'll always feel the media treated him unfairly and helped create that dynamic.

Now with his death, things just feel different. The Stan shyt just seems ridiculous now. People from all walks of life are coming together to celebrate him. It may very well be temporary, but here around LA people are more in unison. Maybe this is what he was supposed to do, bring people together :mjcry:

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
I really hope they have recovered all the bodies.

From what I saw of the crash scene, and the reports, I don't know if there will be anything more than charred pieces of bodies, which will make it even harder on the surviving family members. I saw a report that said that Natalia was rushed to the emergency room because she's been hyperventilating since she heard the news... :to:

dave

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

hearing this made me think how so many people who met Kobe realized how much he loved his wife and daughters. aside from being one of the greatest to ever play in the NBA, he truly was at peace retiring from basketball. you could see the genuine smile on his face that he was just looking forward to begin the next chapter in his life by spending time with Vanessa and their daughters. a true champion who competed and dominated in every facet of the game but in the grand scheme of things, when you just think about how precious and fragile life can be at the same time, the real alpha male is the family man.

Last edited:

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
Man saying shyt like that got the dumb part of my brain hoping we'll get a tweet like 5 days from now like "SMH people believe anything these days #MambaNeverOut #survivaltactics"
Bro I really had the same thought like, shyt if they can’t get to everyone yet maybe him and others are out there still trying to get back down.

Like that shyt literally crossed my mind on some little kid hope it ain’t true shyt until I had to check myself

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
It won’t be private.

the funeral location and date will leak and all of LA will be there. The media will cover it all day and it will be huge event whether she wants it to be or not.

This is true but I'm thinking private on terms of access, kinda like Stuart Scott's funeral not far from here a few years ago. We all knew where it was, you just want getting inside the church or near the gravesite for the burial

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tenor.gif

Responding to a heckler in the stands

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is bigger than basketball, the love and admiration he is receiving from so many is really amazing. Everyone has a story about the man, the father, the competitor. So many different facets to choose from, this one is gonna hurt bad for a long time.

Kobe was a super hero. To me he was more like Superman or Batman than an athlete. He was more than a man. He was an idea. That is why his death is affecting people so much. We didn't lose a basketball player. We lost a symbol. We lost an icon. A legend.