Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They were travelling close to 200 mph. They all died instantly. I’m sure there was a lot of nervousness leading up to the crash considering they probably lost all visibility. But they definitely didn’t endure any physical pain. I have no idea why the pilot was flying so fast considering he couldn’t see. Maybe he was nervous too and just wanted to find a way out. But reading about the crash, when you go into heavy fog like that you lose all sense of direction. You’re just in a complete sea of white. They should have turned around immediately once they ran into the fog. But the pilot decided to go ahead anyway. And once they were too deep into it, he couldn’t find his way back out. This is the same pilot that flew Kobe to his last game so they had a lot of experience with each other. I’m sure Kobe trusted his judgment. This was just one bad decision on his part that cost everybody their life.

That’s why I always believe it’s better to be safe than sorry. Being safe might inconvenience you, but being sorry can cost you everything. Always put your safety above everything. That’s why I’ve cut back on speeding and texting while driving. I drive like a grandma now. fukk the bullshyt. One wrong maneuver is all it takes.
Somebody posted a video of a helicopter crash that happened in Brazil, the camera angle is in the cockpit... but they were flying in fog as well, and it shows how bad visibility can be when you're in those kind of conditions.

After looking at that, I'm certain they didn't see those hills that they hit at all

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
His biopic will be unbelievable

-coming from high school as a 17 year old
-struggling his 1st year
-reaching the top 3x with shaq
-feud with Shaq
-rebirth to the black mamba and going out every night to dominate/becoming the most Hated person in the league
-becoming a leader and better teammate winning 2 more
-continuing reign on top as best player
-body giving out/ goat last game
-transition into business life/author/producer- winning Oscar
-all while being a great dad

He lived like 5 different peoples lives in 41 years.

:wow:

Might have to split into 2 parts

:wow:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

KnickstapeCity

:mjpls:
Daps
Reppin
New York
Lakers superfan Jack Nicholson reacts to death of friend Kobe Bryant
By Elizabeth Rosner

January 27, 2020 | 2:56am

Lakers superfan Jack Nicholson said he was heartbroken over the loss of friend Kobe Bryant, who tragically died in a helicopter crash along with his daughter Gianna, 13, on Sunday in Los Angeles.

“My reaction is the same as almost all of LA,” the 82-year-old actor told CBS Los Angeles.

“Where we think everything’s solid, there’s a big hole in the wall. I was used to seeing and talking to Kobe that … it kills you. It’s just a terrible event.“

The Oscar winner recalled meeting Bryant at Madison Square Garden in New York.

“I teased him the first time we met. I offered him a basketball and asked him if he wanted me to autograph it for him,” the actor joked.

“He looked at me like I was crazy.”

Nicholson was often seen cheering on Bryant from his courtside seats at the Staples Center.

“I sat right behind his jump shot on the left-hand side. I can see him going up and I can tell the first instant if it’s going in,” he said.

“We’ll think of him all the time and we’ll miss him. He was just one of those touched people.”

https://pagesix.com/2020/01/27/lakers-superfan-jack-nicholson-reacts-to-death-of-friend-kobe-bryant/

:russ::mjlol: Typical Bean.

Mamba looked at him like :childplease::mjtf:.

:mjcry: RIP Black Mamba.

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
i think the funeral is going to be very private, keep in mind it wasn’t just Kobe. I don’t think Vanessa wants the attention that comes with such a grand funeral

I agree. There might be a more public memorial that the team puts on, maybe even at Staples, but I wouldn't blame Vanessa one bit for keeping it as private as possible. Just think, she's shared her husband with the public all these years, she JUST started having him back to herself these few years.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree. There might be a more public memorial that the team puts on, maybe even at Staples, but I wouldn't blame Vanessa one bit for keeping it as private as possible. Just think, she's shared her husband with the public all these years, she JUST started having him back to herself these few years.
Damn didn't even think of it like that. I would think she wants something private too.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's crazy I dont usually post a lot on the coli and been on sohh since 2001 but I cant stop expressing how heartbreaking this is. One of my friends that I haven't seen in a very long time reached out to me today and was like let's chill. This tradegy has brought a lot of perspective.