Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
One thing I've heard after a death is life is like a vapor. Just thinking deeply about that for a second. It's the truth.

You don't know when your life will start, but you're suddenly here. Like a vapor you know your life on earth will end, but you can't predict the ending. All of the sudden it's gone.
Went to my aunt's memorial last week and the preacher used that same vapor passage.

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, I know it isn’t a contest or anything but it felt like here in the US, MJ had died a slow death over the last 15 years or so of his life and was just reduced to a punchline by the end. It’s messed up because his talent was incredible, his upbringing was awful, and I think he was terribly misunderstood. I remember a billion people watching his funeral though.

Maybe it’s magnified because I’m in LA but Kobe’s death seems like a much bigger shock among the people I know.

His daughter also died with him... That alone makes it more tragic

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Brehs I just can’t accept this yet...I’m stuck in denial and anger...I can’t come to terms with acceptance yet.

I’ve never been affected by a non family/friend related death or event like this in my life. Other than f&f, Only 9/11 had me feeling like this...

still waiting for someone to tell me this is all some sick joke

concise

Veteran
Daps
Craziest thing to me was that in such a short time after his retirement Kobe fully embraced his legend status and didn't just retreat and disappear, he was out there trying to motivate everybody he could, helping damn near everyone who came to him, helping ball players from middle school girls to NBA all-stars. :wow:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Craziest thing to me was that in such a short time after his retirement Kobe fully embraced his legend status and didn't just retreat and disappear, he was out there trying to motivate everybody he could, helping damn near everyone who came to him, helping ball players from middle school girls to NBA all-stars. :wow:

This breh...he’s so inspirational

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
Just thinking about how this dude managed to change and create his story later in his career through pure willpower and work ethic. He made the media and haters have to respect him for his work.
Good ol Kobe :wow:

Dude wasn't gon quit until you just had to give him his respect

Yessir_Araphat

takin money>>gettin money
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
N/S Long Beach
Man i seen the clip were Kobe would bite his jersey collar while shooting a fadeaway over nikkas. I always wondered wtf that was about but it looked so fly. Somebody needs to carry that tradition
:wow:

He said that the reason he would have his jersey in his mouth was cause during a game he’d get so thirsty n his mouth so dry, he would suck the sweat out to re-moisten his mouth

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
I had to log out of IG/FB today. I love youtube and even that was flooded, but I was able to dodge most of the reminders. I will probably stay logged out of those for a bit.

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
Nick copping pleas for his Kobe slander on FS1
Well hopefully these clout chasing trolls stop and will realize that their slander was wrong when these athletes die they are being talked about for a reason

Won't change anything. Him and Shannon will be back to slandering Tom Brady by next week. God forbid something happen to him, the fake tears will be unbearable.

RIP Mamba