Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay
Yeah, I know it isn’t a contest or anything but it felt like here in the US, MJ had died a slow death over the last 15 years or so of his life and was just reduced to a punchline by the end. It’s messed up because his talent was incredible, his upbringing was awful, and I think he was terribly misunderstood. I remember a billion people watching his funeral though.

Maybe it’s magnified because I’m in LA but Kobe’s death seems like a much bigger shock among the people I know.

I was only 12 when MJ died, I remember the news being a big deal but maybe bc I was young I got more caught up in the overall hype than being sad, but with this I can't handle it... I've cried more for Kobe's death than anyone, famous or family member :mjcry:

darryl

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I know it isn’t a contest or anything but it felt like here in the US, MJ had died a slow death over the last 15 years or so of his life and was just reduced to a punchline by the end. It’s messed up because his talent was incredible, his upbringing was awful, and I think he was terribly misunderstood. I remember a billion people watching his funeral though.

Maybe it’s magnified because I’m in LA but Kobe’s death seems like a much bigger shock among the people I know.
Agree

Vilify

Superstar
Daps
This has probably been discussed already but I missed it. Was Kobe still estranged from his parents?

Ugo Ogugwa

Neega Wotsssss
Supporter
Daps
Do any Coli Oldheads know when and how the whole Kobe trashcan thing started?

Not sure how it started exactly but we all knew Kobe as a straight shooter. No disrespect but even as a selfish azz nikka. So the idea was no matter what you're doing, from wherever you are with the paper ball you feel like you can make the shot.

You yell "Kobe!" and miss that ho like 88% of the time but you pick it up and keep shooting until it goes in.