Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There aren't too many more things in life more painful than losing a parent or a parent losing a child. I wish this on nobody.
:mjcry:

Vanessa lost her husband AND her child. Those little girls lost their dad AND their sister. There were other children and parents on there too. There are no words.

Imgone8itch

All Star
Daps
U
I couldn't sleep much. A lot of people couldn't for different reasons. I stayed up checking this thread, reading tweets, watching old youtube vids, etc
And this is for someone I spent at least half of his career *hating*. At nearly every turn I rooted against him. I spent half my life arguing against Kobe. AI vs. Kobe? Give me A.I. Kobe vs. TMac? Give me TMac. KG vs. Kobe? Give me KG. Rooted for the Blazers, rooted for the Kings, rooted for the Suns.

The origin being that I was an MJ fan. It was too soon for me to see a potential threat to his crown. Sometimes hate derives from fear. At the time I didn't view it as such, but in retrospect it was. I feared Kobe being as good as MJ. I then became a LeBron fan. He was different enough from MJ...that I felt like they'd be too different/difficult to compare. So if he fell short oh well. However, Bron was my bridge to hoping Kobe wouldn't be viewed as the GOAT. The thing about Kobe though is no matter my hate/fear dude always found a way to succeed...usually ended better than who I rooted for. I was like how can somebody be this confident, how can someone have such a strong will. He just did.

Thankfully I learned to appreciate/respect Kobe for Greatness the latter half of his career.

So Why was I up doing all these things?

Cause it truly hit me how I didn't appreciate that man like I should have when he was alive. Like I'm trying to make up time that was wasted. Sometimes we spend more time trying to undermine somebody instead of understanding them. I can have my favs, I can have my critiques, but I don't need hate. Now some of that simply came with age because I just got tired of that energy.

I lowkey envy brehs like @CantStop @10bandz and all the other brehs. Cause they got to truly embrace his greatest moments.....in the moment. I missed it.

The shame is what @CHICAGO hinted at with his daughter. You could see him building for her future. Them being similar is what he seemed most proud of. She can carry on both his legacy while created her legacy. To whatever success or road that might be.

So not only robbing him of his life....but hers is what hurts the most.
Wow it’s like u wrote everything I was thinking and feeling thank you bro thank you

Daps
man, I’ve already said this but I got nowhere else to talk to about this: Gigi passing too is really making this 100 times harder for me to come to terms with than if it was just Kobe, it’s not fair man

This. GiGi passing also hasn't sat well with me man! She was the torch bearer. But they together still and hope they're ok together.