Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
This is PURE speculation. Only the NTSB will know the actual cause. Could have been mechanical or a bird strike or sabotage or anything. People really need to stop propagating BS.

I didn’t say with certainty, I’m going with what is being reported bytch .. unlike you faggit, I flew helicopters in the military so I’m pretty familiar with the mechanics and possibilities you dikk sucking bytch nikka.

YaThreadTrashB!

Superstar
Daps
Kobe Bryant isn't going anywhere

The production crew that has been documenting his final season is back at the hotel. This is the third consecutive year he's had this crew filming his every move. At first, it was around to film the documentary he produced for Showtime, "Kobe Bryant's Muse," which aired in February 2015. This year, Kobe is paying the crew out of his own pocket to document the final throes of his career.

We will get that 10 part series someday

:wow:

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think, and hope, that this changes sports debates forever, especially basketball rrelated.

Ever since the Kobe Lebron debates of the early 2010s, there’s always been just ridiculous back and forth banter, I’ve been guilty of it too. I hope from now on we just enjoy our legends rather than always talk about if they are better than MJ, Lebron, or Kobe.

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay
I wanna be mad at the pilot but at the end of the day it was just all their times to leave this earth.

I know it’s wrong but I still can’t help it man...all the guy had to do was either say no to flying in those conditions or use the instruments once he got into the clouds instead of panicking and trying to descend and hitting the hill

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
check out the threads on reddit.com/r/helicopters and reddit.com/r/flying

a lot of experts in their analyzing the ATC recording and flight tracker and stuff. Consensus seems to be pilot accidentally flew too high into clouds, so tried bringing it back down to where he could see but popped out the clouds too low and clipped the top of the hill before crashing where it did
He was flying a very capable IFR helicopter, yet he chose to scud run in lousy conditions, getting a special VFR clearance through 2 airport airspace’s, then heading into a hilly area with lots of power lines around. As someone who makes their living flying in Alaska and deals with bad weather consistently, I don’t know what the pilot was thinking. I don’t want to make too many assumptions, but based on what has been reported so far, it seems to me he was making multiple high risk choices. He could have decided to not continue, and instead landed at one of the many airports in the area, or gone IFR and things could have ended up very different.

:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay

Yeah...for those who don’t know VFR means visual flight rules and IFR means instrumental flight rules (when you use the tools on board because visual conditions are bad). Pilot was trained in IFR and the chopper was equipped for it when they initially hit the clouds, but he decided to descend to try and get back to VFR and that’s when he hit the hill

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I wanna be mad at the pilot but at the end of the day it was just all their times to leave this earth.

Just got a Wash Post notification saying that not only did the pilot get clearance to fly in the poor weather, he had qualifications to teach other pilots to fly in poor weather. Logical assumption would be that this pilot had flown in fog before. The news is saying the helicopter got caught up in a fog bubble that was *only* in one spot in Calabasas....and when you get caught in that type of bubble a pilot has no idea where the helicopter is going......it was an innocent mistake guys, no reason to throw blame.

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay
Just got a Wash Post notification saying that not only did the pilot get clearance to fly in the poor weather, he had qualifications to teach other pilots to fly in poor weather. Logical assumption would be that this pilot had flown in fog before. The news is saying the helicopter got caught up in a fog bubble that was *only* in one spot in Calabasas....and when you get caught in that type of bubble a pilot has no idea where the helicopter is going......it was an innocent mistake guys, no reason to throw blame.

LAPD grounded their helicopters that morning, pilot should have put his foot down on no flying :mjcry:

Daps
Reppin
Chi
Maybe this has been address already but does the helicopter have a black box? Not that I want to hear those last moments (not do I think that should be made public) but just so investigators can gather more information about the situation/communications made, etc. and then release their findings once completed at the appropriate time.

my b if this has already been discussed.

I still feel sick to my stomach and I haven’t reached the stage of accepting the reality tbh.