Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Maybe this has been address already but does the helicopter have a black box? Not that I want to hear those last moments (not do I think that should be made public) but just so investigators can gather more information about the situation/communications made, etc. and then release their findings once completed at the appropriate time.

my b if this has already been discussed.

I still feel sick to my stomach and I haven’t reached the stage of accepting the reality tbh.

Has already been released and is on YouTube

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Just got a Wash Post notification saying that not only did the pilot get clearance to fly in the poor weather, he had qualifications to teach other pilots to fly in poor weather. Logical assumption would be that this pilot had flown in fog before. The news is saying the helicopter got caught up in a fog bubble that was *only* in one spot in Calabasas....and when you get caught in that type of bubble a pilot has no idea where the helicopter is going......it was an innocent mistake guys, no reason to throw blame.

When it’s your tome to go :to:

thashiek

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I think, and hope, that this changes sports debates forever, especially basketball rrelated.

Ever since the Kobe Lebron debates of the early 2010s, there’s always been just ridiculous back and forth banter, I’ve been guilty of it too. I hope from now on we just enjoy our legends rather than always talk about if they are better than MJ, Lebron, or Kobe.

Personally I see no problem with the debates about who is best, even though I don't think I've ever participated. It keeps people engaged and remembering legends. Its the denigrating of the person who isn't your favorite that is foul and trash. That's the part that needs to go away forever.

If I was interested in the debate, I always wanted to make the case for Wilt as GOAT. But I wouldn't dream of bad mouthing the other legends just to make my point.

So maybe, instead of eliminating debate, everyone collectively remove themselves from the people who need to denigrate to make or strengthen a point. While also giving people the flowers while they are here, which you allude to.