Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’ll never forget when the lakers where a bottom league team during Kobe final seasons and he went on Jimmy Kimmel and he saw the swaggy P and Jeremy Lin celebration after ending their 8 game losing streak
giphy.gif

And Kobe response
4IqnzsW.gif

TuHAfT1.gif

:mjlol: Classic Kobe. There can never be another.
Reminds me of this
RaggedLateChital-size_restricted.gif

:russ:

:mjcry:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
His oldest daughter just had a birthday last week. What a terrible tragedy to deal with a week or so after your born date. :mjcry:
This gonna impact her and her mom so different, they’re going to need each other. Those two will be the only ones in that fam to really know/remember Kobe and Gianna, she and Gigi were the OG kids. His youngest daughters will have tons to learn about their dad, but it’s going to be so much harder to paint that picture of their sister :(

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The thing I was ignorant to about Kobe during his playing days was how close he was to a lot of players and the way he treated them and people in general.

the image of Kobe was always this amazing and fierce competitor who would do anything to win but had tunnel vision and wasn’t the easiest guy to get along with or the most friendly or social person. I didn’t realize that other side of him.

As horrible as this is his daughter passings he’s it 10x worse. I don’t have kids but if something happened to my niece or nephew I would never be able to recover. I can’t imagine losing a child and husband

it’s been said so many times when a celebrity dies young but especially in the last 24 hours that it’s become so cliche but to hell if it still doesn’t ring true. Enjoy everyday brehs nobody knows when it’s out time. Don’t let hulllsh1t get in the way of you enjoying your life or a loved one you e had issues with.

Life’s so fukkin precious man

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
There's nothing wrong with hovering but helicopter pilots feel it will panic the passengers to just sit there, so they fly around (normally in a loop) and talk with air traffic control while passengers just enjoy the ride not really knowing whats going on. Obviously in this instance it ended in tragedy because of the mountain ranges mixed with low visibility and possible mechanical issues. Fog/moisture impacts flight as do mountains. If you've been on a plane you can feel it when you fly through clouds. And while he was in a top-of-the-line chopper, unfortunately it still wasn't enough to overcome the circumstances. And the pilot may have been thinking "They need to get to the location and I cant sit here and hover for an hour until the fog clears." I don't want to speculate too much because this could be the case of pilot error. I guess I'm just hoping for everyones sake it was a mechanical issue. But hearing initially that there was no mayday call it doesn't appear it was mechanical. I didn't even have the stomach to watch the other updates because I felt so sick so I'm not sure if there were any updates.
And everyone needs to remember the pilot has a family and his own life. The nikka isn’t just doing shyt for a laugh he’s trying to get back home at the end of the day too.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
At the end of the day his job is to give sports commentary rather that be right or wrong , I doubt he ever wanted to see a legend die so it's going to eat him up for sure. Hopefully it changes his ways of trolling

I hope his death changes the garbage culture of sports talk. that’s why I shat on @Wacky D and his trash learn by the bullet talk with Kyrie. shyt is just dumb. It ain’t that serious to hate an athlete to that degree. Just dumb.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
I woke up like damn this shyt really happened. To lose such an icon and such a young age is sad in itself but the fact that other people including his daughter are dead is heartbreaking. Any dad who has daughters knows you have a different bond with them the fact they died doing something they both loved is crazy. A piece of his legacy died with him. You could tell she idolized him. I legit felt sick. I’m only a few years younger than Kobe so me and my boys always felt a certain connection with him becuz he grew up not far away. We got to see his whole career. We were just like him in that we idolized MJ and when we hooped we tried to be like him. He was a part of my generation. He defined excellence and hard work. He always held himself and everybody around him accountable. We lost a true icon. And the fact that he was just really coming into his own post career makes it even that more sad