Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Yessir_Araphat

takin money>>gettin money
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
N/S Long Beach
Couldn't take Nick Wright seriously trying to eulogize Kobe this morning when he's done nothing but try to shyt on and slander Kobe's legacy since he's been on TV. He just had a tweet doing the same when Bron passed Kobe on the scoring list that he had to delete yesterday. Sports media really gotta shift away from these trolling clowns who use these tactics to get engagement and become popular.

im trying to stay positive in here, n keep it all love, but fukk nick wright and anyone else who tried to diminish Kobe and his accomplishments and took unnecessary shots at him :pacspit:

Dad

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I'm the same age as you. I'll be 32 in May. Growing up in the Philadelphia area, we didn't fukk with Kobe too hard which is kinda sad because he was from here but, A.I. was all we knew back in the early 2000s. Kobe and Shaq let Philly get that one game in the Finals then ethered their whole existence lol. Had us tight. Then Kobe went through the courtroom stuff and the world turned against him and with my natural tendency to root for the underdog, I started fukking with him. I felt that broad was lying anyway, trying to ruin his career. Then he started dropping 50 points, 40 points, 60 points on nikkas head night in and night out :wow: Outscoring teams by himself. Couldn't do nothing but, respect the man :wow: He became my favorite player overnight :wow: He was the only cat that took the Jordan comparison head on, and was actually worthy of carrying the mantle and in the end he still found a way to carve out his own identity and style despite being similar. He outlasted all his peers from the early 2000s to the point that we associate him more with Bron/Wade/Melo/Durant then the generation he was truly apart of. And most importantly, he found a way to bring the Lakers back to Championship form after years of irrelevancy. I remember the servers crashing on SOHH when Kobe got his 4th ring :wow: It was pure mania that night. I felt his joy in my soul when he beat Orlando in 2009 and Boston in 2010. That was 5 years of pain and anguish being released, 5 years of everybody saying he couldn't do it on his own and that he wasn't a Champion without Shaq and he proved them all wrong. I was just so happy to see him prove that to the world. I never thought ten years later he'd be gone. I just imagined he'd live to be Bill Russell's age, offering his tutelage on the game to younger players for decades to come. It truly...truly...hurt my heart to read the news today. It doesn't even seem real. I was just watching his interview with Steven Jackson and Matt Barnes two weeks ago. I'm still a bit numb. But I do appreciate that I got to watch him and that he got to play the game he loved. I'll never forget him. I was a little bit too young to watch all of Jordan's career but, I got to see Kobe and he was my GOAT :wow:

RIP to a Legend. The GOAT Laker. Champion. King of LA. The Black Mamba.

You made your mark on the world and you will be missed :mjcry:

giphy.gif

tumblr_mwkjogWGAD1sl53p3o1_400.gif

tumblr_m70b1jZOU51qzb7vjo1_500.jpg

48da52ebe3465b81a9858b4f4d88a8a4_md.jpg

14094947_f520.jpg

tenor.gif

tumblr_n662iudXx31s3gys4o1_400.gif

72tF.gif

IVU4.gif

Kobe-Family-Death-1.jpg

scg80tn2lm831.jpg

kobe-bryant-passes-michael-jordan-960.jpg

source.gif

2157889318001_5979139804001_5979121959001-vs.jpg

0a0169dcbeffb9555d2754b1c153ede1.jpg

ezgif-1-0675fac3c8.gif

FocusedBelatedChamois-size_restricted.gif

LastGlossyCollie-size_restricted.gif

ezgif-1-e7f34ff65c.gif

giphy.gif

that pic with him Pau :mjcry:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
White ppl happy as shyt in the office today wtf

Damn total opposite here all white brehs is sad even the old ones. If you love sports Kobe was the legend man. Nobody talking and I work in a big ass office